Yeast Infection | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > The Road Less Traveled

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Yeast Infection Yeast Infection

Unread 07-18-2003, 12:57 AM
Yeast Infection

Aloha ladies,

Today I felt symptoms of a beginning yeast infection. Have you all had to go through this while taking so many antibiotics? I am not really sure, but it feels like it. I will have to callmy Doctor first thing tomorrow morning to see what can be done about it..

If any of you have some suggestions or advice, please advise.

Thanks so much,
z,
Maddy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-18-2003, 01:50 AM
Yeast Infection

Hi Maddy It might be a yeast infection, or it might not. Because of all the antibiotics we take post op, many of us do end up developing yeast infections. Here's a link to info about things you can do to prevent them and deal with them:

yeast infection?

However, I remember you saying you're using estrace cream to help with healing vaginally, and I'm wondering if that might be because you're having trouble with vaginal dryness? Vaginal dryness can feel a lot like the beginnings of a yeast infection at first. Here's a link to more info about vaginal dryness:

vaginal dryness?

It's important to have your DR check to see whether this is really a yeast infection before treating it as one. They can do a quick swab in the office to diagnose the problem.

I hope you'll be able to get an answer quickly to what this is, so you can start whatever treatment will be needed. Let us know what the DR says, OK?
s,
-Linda
Unread 07-18-2003, 02:11 AM
Thanks Linda

Thanks so much for replying. I went to the Dr. yesterday and I really wish he would have given me a flushing kit or whatever you call it to flush these catheters.. In addition to the "yeast infection" feeling, it again feels like the caths are not draining properly ... I just hate this feeling.

I will check out those links.
Thanks,
z,
Maddy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-18-2003, 03:43 AM
Yeast Infection

Hi Maddy,

Yes I had a yeast infection when I had the foley cath. My uro always made sure I had Diflucan on hand because he said it is quite common to get with all the stuff going on down there.

Good Luck,
Terry
Unread 07-18-2003, 11:29 AM
Yeast Infection

Hi Maddy,

I got a lot of yeast infections from being on antibiotics....I even had yeast (thrush) in my mouth for months....finally got a doctor to listen about my sore mouth after my IVP.

Eating yogurt can help but def. go to doctor and find out.

You'll have an itchy feeling, soreness, and discharge that is "cheesy".....

Good luck. Wish you were having better luck with your Cath's...it's a hard one BUT it's almost over. Take your antispasm meds for your bladder (detrol la, ditropan) or if you don't have them ask for it...it will help with that spasm, burning, pressure, feeling....also do you know about cranberry juice...that's good to help with UTI's....

Anyway...hang in there...that's all you can do.

(((((((((((((((((((((HUGS)))))))))))))))))))))
Renee
Unread 07-18-2003, 11:48 AM
Thanks so much, Renee

I am on Ditropan and I have been taking it faithfully but unfortunately today is the last day I am allowed to take it because I am having that contrast xray test on Tuesday. I guess it interferes with it. When I was discharged from the hospital I grabbed a package of their underwear (it's netted) so I am wearing those just so I can "breathe"

I had a horrible night last night (at least until I finally went to sleep) because the caths were not draining again. I just *hate* that feeling of urine backing up!! Anyway, I have the car today so at least I can drive.. You wouldn't believe what happened to me 2 days before when I went to my Dr's appt. My car overheated in the middle of the highway, had to pull off to into the shopping center. I had a cracked radiator.. Then I had to wait for my DH to come to take me to the Dr.. My car is still not fixed.. <sigh>

Anyway, in 10 minutes it will be 8 am and I can call the Dr. I will keep you updated

z,
Maddy
Unread 07-18-2003, 12:23 PM
Yeast Infection

Maddy Maddy....when it rains it pours.

I hate that could not sleep nights so I called and got a RX for sleeping pills. I just took them when I couldn't sleep while cath'd and UNcomfortable. You may want to ask your doctor.

Hope you get some answers as to why your're backing up so much.

Sorry about your car. I went on a JOB interview with JUST the foley while I was waiting for the repair.....that was FUN!

Renee
Unread 07-18-2003, 01:16 PM
Hi Renee,

Well, I had to call my surgeon in Honolulu (can you believe it?) Every time I call my URO they tell me to call my surgeon. They can't even believe that they are not answering or dealing with my problem HERE on THIS island!!!!

I really like my URO but for obvious reasons I am not very confident in them. So FINALLY... my Dr. in Honolulu called the URO office here and now I can make an appt.. What a hassle!

I was close to calling emergency last night, that's how bad my situation was. I am NOT walking out of that doctor's office until I have an irrigation kit in hand.. LOL

Thanks for writing,
will keep you posted..
z,
Maddy
Unread 07-18-2003, 01:26 PM
Yeast Infection

Hi Maddy,

I take Ambien for sleep. Just wanted to let you guys know that I didn't have any of those symptoms when the uro told me I had a yeast infection. Just a slight irritation in my vagina but when he looked in told me I had a yeast infection & to take the Diflucan pill. Maybe I never had a yeast infection? I had so many things going on I might not have noticed since my diapers were so soaked I didn't exactly look or maybe the urine burned everything up. Hmm?

Hope you get your car fixed soon. Dr's didn't let me start driving again until a couple of weeks ago. Drove myself to Walmart this morning but was to tired & sore to buy anything.

God Bless,
Terry
Unread 07-18-2003, 01:33 PM
thanks, Terry,

Well, my surgeon didn't want me to drive, either, but I had NO other way to get there!!! LOL

oh well
z,
Maddy

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register