Please help getting alittle scared!!!!!!!!! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Please help getting alittle scared!!!!!!!!! Please help getting alittle scared!!!!!!!!!

Unread 07-18-2003, 06:43 PM
Please help getting alittle scared!!!!!!!!!

I'm do for a TAH on 7-21 and I'm trying to be strong. I know it is the right thing for me to do. Had a nightmare last night and today feel horrible. Tired, angry, sad and all the above.
I would like to know somethings to take to the hospital to make my stay better and a more bearable experience. I have found so much insite from you wonderful ladies and very glad your here for us...

Just wanted to know if anyone else has had these feelings. I'm trying to stay strong for myself and my family. Worried about taking care of everything post op.

My husband will help alot but after he goes back to work.

Sorry to act so inmature about this. Just alittle on edge???

Dr. said he might have to do a bowel reconstruct also. Has anyone else had this done?????

Thank you so much for reading...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-18-2003, 07:49 PM

Hi Kimberly,

Welcome to Hyster Sisters!!

While I'm sorry that you are facing surgery, I am glad that you found HS and posted to introduce yourself. Please go back to your control panel and add your surgery date to your profile so you'll be on the calendar for Monday and will get a special greeting from Hyster Sisters.

You asked about what to take to the hospital and how to prepare for your recovery post-op - the Pre-Op Hints (click here) and the Post-Op Hints (click here)are full of great advice that will help you to prepare for your surgery and recovery.

I hope you'll continue to read and to post any questions that you may have - we'll do our best to help.

's
Unread 07-18-2003, 08:10 PM

Hi there, I am in Kentucky also .I had surgery the third of June and let me tell you I was a total basket case I had the worst dreams and feeling that there were before my surgery and I would cry at the drop of a hat, The morning I had mine I had to be there at six am and it was a downpour all the way to the hospitial ...I was so nervous but after I got there I calmed right down and I was not scared anymore, You will be fine so stop worrying so much I know that is easier said then done because I have been there ,you came to the right place here these bunch of wonderfull sisters on here will help you they did me and I can't thank them enough.
You will be in my prayers. diet coke
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-18-2003, 09:39 PM

Hi

Well i think most of the women who come on here are scared by what is going to happen! And if they say they aren't...well, it's just not true !!

This is a big operation. I had a TAH on May 12, nearly 10 weeks ago now. It's been the hardest time of my life, both physically and emotionally, but i've made it.

It's hard work and yes, it's painful, but you will get through it!!!

I feel 110% better than i did before. I had extensive endo, adeno, cysts, fibroids, and a large benign tumour under my uterus.

I can honestly say i'd have it done again in a heart beat.
I'm 31 and don't have kids, so that's hard too, but i'm getting stronger every day.

I've made it my mission in life to come on here and try to support the women who are scared and still waiting. Trust me, the waiting is the hardest part. I never really believed that, but it's true!!

I hope that your surgery goes well and that you have a fantastic life afterwards....pain free, just like you deserve!

best wishes
Blade
Unread 07-18-2003, 11:15 PM

Hi Kimberly,

For a more bearable experience, I highly recommend a nice soft stuffed Winnie-the-Pooh. He is very huggable and comforting, stays with you all night, and makes a nice tummy-pillow. I had mine for my two day stay. This is the first time I've confessed to that.

But seriously, if your Doctor is mentioning the possibility of a bowel reconstruct you must really need to do this. Surely you will feel ever so much better soon afterward.

As the ladies say, the waiting is truly the hardest part.
Unread 07-19-2003, 12:16 AM

Never underestimate the power of a comfort object! One of the first things that will be packed in my bag is a mauve stuffed rhino named Rosie. Rosie was with me for two weeks when I was in the hospital the last time - got mistaken for a baby more than once during my stay <g>.
Unread 07-19-2003, 11:23 AM

Hi KD123. I am a July 21 princess too!

I think I must be in major denial because I am not worried, scared or upset. And I definitely thought I would be. Even my DH commented on it this morning. Not only have I been sleeping great, but I have been having very funny, vivid, pleasant dreams relating to my upcoming journey.

So now I'm thinking that I will completely breakdown at the hospital when I am finally confronted with reality. Has this happened to anyone else?

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register