Had my cone biopsy | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Had my cone biopsy Had my cone biopsy

Unread 07-18-2003, 07:56 PM
Had my cone biopsy

Hi all,

I had my cone biopsy yesterday and all went well. I was scared at first, but it was over before I knew it. When I started to wake up in the recovery room I asked the nurse if I had heard Elton John and she had said yes, it had been playing in the OR, nice huh? LOL.

My oncologist said everything looked good. It was small, caught early and most likely not invasive. But, no way of knowing if the margins are clear until the path report comes in next Wed. It seems like forever to wait that long.

I've gone back on some of the posts here re:adenocarcinoma in situ and I am scared that even though they may say the margins are clear and a hysterectomy isn't necessary that they could be mistaken. I have had two beautiful boys and I would like to keep my uterus, but not if there is a 1 percent chance that something is left behind or it could come back. We went to Sloan Kettering on Monday and they said a hysterectomy was very unlikely, but the cone bx would have to be evaluated. That gave me hope, but from reading some past entries, I just don't trust their recommendation. Does anyone have any stories to share re: glandular adenocarcinoma in situ?

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-18-2003, 09:18 PM
Had my cone biopsy

Hi Lynn,

Glad the cone biopsy went smoothly! Keep us posted on the pathology report. You already know my story, I had adeno too, so I won't post that again. But I would suggest having two pathologists read your slides, just to be on the safe side. You will have much more peace of mind that way.

Beth
Unread 07-21-2003, 07:20 AM
Had my cone biopsy

I had the same concerns. My Gyno found Cin II / Cin III and was going to do a cone. I had a second opinion from a Gyno/Oncologist. He quoted me a return rate of 40% even if the cone 'gets' all of the 'bad' cells. I asked him what the most aggressive treatment would be and he said that a hystorectomy only has a 1% return rate (for vaginal abnormalities). I opted for the hystorectomy. He said that he can do it vaginally, with no scars and I will only be in the hospital 1 day up and about in a week or so. I am scheduled for the surgery Sept 10. I will let you know how it goes.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register