9th chemo done! - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

9th chemo done! 9th chemo done!

Unread 07-20-2003, 07:15 AM
9th chemo done!

Tammy:

Glad to hear that the new chemo went well. Hope everything continues in a good way!!!

s
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-22-2003, 09:07 PM
9th chemo done!

Tammy,

Glad to hear that the treatment went well! Let's hope that it massacres those cancer cells!
Unread 07-23-2003, 10:42 AM
9th chemo done!

Tammy, I''m happy for you that #9 is out of the way. Everyone always says how attitude is so important. Having a good one sure does beat being down. Also, you never realize how "take things one day at a time" is more true until you have cancer. It is so necessary. Here's some positive thoughts, hugs, and prayers that bloodroot, Taxotere and whatever else you decide to do does the trick forever.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-24-2003, 06:34 PM
9th chemo done!

Well I'm back today. I've been working from home this week, cause I have been in pain all week. I don't think the chemo is working quite yet, but the nurse said it takes two dosages first before you see any kind of improvement.

I've been on the bloodroot for the first beginning week, which is still just getting my body ready for it, and it seems to have started working. I had a touch of diarreah the other day, but seem to be doing way better today. Just a little pain.

I'm hoping this bloodroot will do the trick, and shrink the cancer enough to keep the pain away. So far it's doing something so hopefully with a bit more time, it will do the trick.

I'm going to talk to my Dr about pain management next week, cause being on constant drugs isnt good for me or my family.

Anyway, thanks to everyone for your good wishes and we will see what the Dr says next Wednesday.

's and ers to everyone...
Unread 07-24-2003, 08:10 PM
9th chemo done!

Tammy,
I hope the bloodroot and the taxotere are shrinking that tumor for good. Have you ever read Dr. Weil site. It is full of info, natiral remedys for cancer.
http://www.drweil.com/app/cda/drw_cd...ndition-articl
Unread 07-24-2003, 09:32 PM
9th chemo done!

I spent a long time reading through a lot of the Cancer Q&A on Dr. Weil's site (thanks for posting!) and noticed that he often mentions maitake mushroom as something that's helpful in preventing and taming cancer. I didn't take maitake throughout this last chemo cycle, just to see if my CA125 changed.

It didn't -- it's remained at "slightly less than 6.3" for the past three cycles -- so I'm going to add the maitake mushroom back into my plan. I'll be looking forward to the day when I can add juicing, raw foods and a lot of the supplements my nutritionist recommended into my diet. :-)

Has anyone here ever tried a colonic?
Unread 07-25-2003, 03:13 AM
Your Spirit Still Shines Through.

Hi Tammy,
Your'e in my thoughts and prayers. You are so brave. Don't think I would be so brave as you.
Love,
Steph.
Unread 07-26-2003, 07:24 AM
Debbie, thanks for that cool website.

I also spent alot of time reading the Q&A's.

There has been alot of talk about the Essiac tea, and I was just wondering if any of you all are drinking it? I'm thinking of getting it, but just wondered how/if it worked for any of you.

I'm also just a tad scared, it will taste awful. I'm not that big a tea drinker, unless of course it is Iced Tea, but I have a feeling this will be a hot tea kind of tea, and taste positively yucky. At least this bloodroot stuff I'm taking goes in a capsule, so no taste. I'm just a little picky when it comes to food and drinks. I HATE to drink and eat stuff that tasts AWFUL, like that yucky white barium you must take to have your CT scans. YUCK!!

Anyway, just wondering, if anyone is drinking that essiac tea and what if any things you can tell me about it. I'm also afaid if I start drinking that, I really will be cleaning out my insides, and spend ALL day in that darn bathroom.

Although, I guess it won't be a bad thing to be agressively trying to kill this cancer from every possible form as I can. hmmmm decisions, decisions.... I just know, it's going to taste bad. (I've always wanted to use this little guy)

Anyway, 's and ers to everyone...
Unread 07-26-2003, 09:20 AM
9th chemo done!

Tammy,

I tried the Essiac tea for awhile and it is fairly bland tasting, like a vegetable broth. The tea must be refriegerated and the instructions say not to heat it, but you can dilute it with warm water. The instructions say to drink 2 ounces of the tea per day, and I used to dilute it with a ,ittle bit of warm water. I tried brewing the tea myself,but it was a hassle so I began ordering it premade. A months supply was $30. I have since stopped taking it, because most of the studies are so inconclusive. Most studies do day that green is effectives, so I am drinking iced tea, made up of half black tea bags and half green tea bags, because staright green is too mild for me. I am also taking the Maitake mushrooms and an ibuprofen or aspirin a day which is supposed to shrink tumors
Unread 07-26-2003, 10:39 AM
9th chemo done!

Hi, Tammy!

I took Essiac all through my third chemo, but not at all through my fourth -- because I wanted to see if taking vs. not taking had any effect on my CA125. It didn't, so like the maitake mushroom with D fraction, I will start taking Essiac again. The taste is forgettable, and not at all bad. You're only drinking a tiny amount, and it's very bland.

It does not make me have to go to the bathroom. But . . . cleaning out your insides is GOOD when fighting cancer, so you should consider some detox fasting that might help with that. I'll be doing theat once I'm done with chemo. A few days in the bathroom is fine with me. There are a lot of people who think imparied liver funtion and built-up toxins contribute to creating cancerous situations within the body.

You can buy premade Essiac called "Flor-Essence," which comes in liquid form and is what my clinical nutrionist recommended. Its primary ingredient is sheep sorrell. Other ingredients in the tea help make the sheep sorrell effective. There are a lot of teas on the market; do not buy one without being sure that it's the original recipe. If you don't brew it yourself, consider Flor-Essence, which you should be able to get at any health food store.

Also -- once you open it (it requires refrigeration), the tea only "keeps" for about three weeks. I learned this lesson the hard way. It's around $24 per bottle (in L.A.). So leaving a bottle out in the heat quickly ruined it.

My clinical nutritionist said the most important supplements I can take are:

- Maitake mushroom with D fraction (Grifron brand drops - tests show miraculous tumor-shriking or tumor-preventing properties on mice)
- Flor-Essence (Native American recipe handed down by Rene Cassie, a Canadian nurse who worked with cancer patients)
- Milk Thistle (protects liver during chemo)
- Systemic enzymes (for liver and digestion -- he suggested MegaZyme, which should be taken between meals)
- IP6 (help remove dead and unhealthy cells from the body)
- Quercitin (has Vitaminc C in it, so I have to wait until after chemo -- has been shown to have some success in treating ovaca)
- B complex vitamins (staves off neuropathy, helps with energy)
- Selenium (never wrote down why)

He also said to ingest:

- Fresh vegetable juices (made at home -- incredibly important for oxygenating your system so cancer cannot grow)
- Non-processed foods
- Whole foods that comes from the earth (fruits, vegetables, - grains in their simplest forms)

Further:

- Exercise 30-45 minutes a day. Walking fast is fine. This helps oxygenate the system. If possible, breathe in for four, hold for four, then exhale for four. I do think while internally saying, "I am healthy! I am cancer-free! My immune system is strong!" Etc.

If you haven't read "A Cancer Battle Plan," I highly recommend it. That woman went through two chemos, which failed, and a bone marrow transplant, which failed. When traditional medicine failed, she cured herself with raw and whole foods, detoxification fasts and enemas to rid the body of toxins from the fasting. It's very interesting, and a quick read.

I would still love to learn more about the bloodroot. I haven't read anything about it, so tell us how it's working, what it is an what it's supposed to do.

s! and I hope some of this is helpful!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register