can i dance? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 07-19-2003, 09:01 AM
can i dance?

hello sisters!!!

i'm having a tah on aug. 25, but my concern is we have a fabulous ukrainian wedding to go to on sept. 20. its a 3 hour drive and i'm wondering has anyone gone to a dance and dance a bit? or am i asking for trouble, should i just do my best at tapping my toes? lol.

also question #2-- why do i have a red jem on my crown? just curious.

thanks in advance, have a great day!!!

janna
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-19-2003, 09:23 AM
Hi Janna,

According to my calculations, you'll just be a little over 3 1/2 weeks post-op.

I hate to tell you this, but I think you should just be tapping your toes instead of dancing, if you even are able to go. A three hour trip that soon after surgery can be very uncomfortable. If you do go, make sure you get out of the car and walk around every hour to help prevent blood clots, which are an increased risk after surgery. You'll also need to make sure that your seat is in a reclining position, as sitting is an activity which puts a lot of pressure on your healing tissues and which should be limited to short periods of time.

Dancing would be a definite no-no (unless it's maybe one very slow dance.) Too much strain on your incision and muscles, too much chance of someone bumping into you, plus this surgery has a way of causing extreme fatigue at the slightest activity.

There will be other weddings, but you only get one chance to heal properly. Please don't do anything that might jeapordize your recovery.

Best wishes and s,

Lisa
Unread 07-19-2003, 12:24 PM
can i dance?

((((Janna))))),

I agree with Sashi, be the loveliest wallflower at the wedding !!!!!!!!!

The jewel in the crown is at the threads you participate in.

Since you started this one it will be there, and at any you respond to.

Best wishes,

Pamcat
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-19-2003, 12:31 PM
can i dance?

You'll probably have a 2-week post-op checkup, and "Can I dance at this wedding in 10 days?" would be a good question to ask your doc at that time.

It will really depend on what kind of shape you are going in to the surgery. Can you imagine dancing in your current condition? How much dancing would you do now? You'll still be recovering from major abdominal surgery, but what you can tolerate post-op is primarily determined by your physical condition pre-op and how much rest you can allow yourself during that crucial first month.

Maybe you should plan to just observe the dancing and be entertained by it, and if you're in good enough shape to join in one or two (slow) dances, then consider that a bonus.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register