3 week check-up story | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

3 week check-up story 3 week check-up story

Unread 07-19-2003, 06:50 PM
3 week check-up story

I just went for my check-up from the doctor yesturday. It has been 3 weeks and 2 days since my surgery. She said everything looks good, but to remember I still have a lot of healing to do on the inside. I got the ok to take a bath and to go swimming. The doctor said that would help with the odor. I have heard that a lot of woman have an odor after surgery. It is so bad. I still get very tired and I still can't sit for more than 30 minutes if I am lucky. My bottom starts to hurt from the pressure. By the time evening comes my legs ache so bad and it keeps me up at night. I started taking benedryl last night, but I could not sleep because of the pain in my legs. If there is anyone out there that has had the same pain in their legs, I would love to hear your story and what you are doing about it. I also still have to let my family clean the house and help me go grocery shopping. It does not hurt to be careful for 3 more weeks. I also hope this post helps other post-op ladies who are wondering about their 2 or 3 week check-up results. I will tell you it hurts when the doctor does the finger exam to check the stitches. Take care ladies and I look forward to hearing from you soon.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-19-2003, 10:12 PM
Kat

Are you up on your legs too much druing the day ? Or when you go swimming are you kicking you legs too much. Try putting them up on a pillow often during the day and letting them rest.

But a call to your dr. would be a good idea, to make sure that there is nothing medically wrong.
Unread 07-20-2003, 12:15 AM
3 week check-up story

I too am having trouble with mylegs. In fact, they wake me up at night out of a sound sleep - Help!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-20-2003, 07:01 AM
3 week check-up story

I had to wear my TED hose for 2 weeks post-op to help prevent deep vein clots which can be a complication from TAH. It really helped with the crampy legs. I just had to sleep in them, not wear them during the day if I was up and about. Try and see if it helps.
Unread 07-20-2003, 02:39 PM
3 week check-up story

Thank you for the replies. I think I will call the doctor and see if she can tell me what else I can do besides taking a nice bath and lots of tylenol. When I find out what she says I will let you ladies know, so you can have some relief too. It is nice to know I am not the only one out there with this problem. Talk to you ladies again real soon. Try and stay cool.
Unread 07-21-2003, 03:38 PM
3 week check-up story

Achy legs can also be a asing of being dehyrdrated. Make sure you are drinking pleny to water, especially if you are from the southern part of the counrty, or in excessive heat conditions.

Drinking water can also have the side effect of washing potassium out of your system. Lack or low postassium levels can also give achy or crampy "charlie horse" legs. Try eating Banannas.

Kathy
Unread 07-21-2003, 11:20 PM
3 week check-up story

WOW! I never thought that not drinking enough water could be the cause or the lack of potassium. I will try and drink more water and eat some bananas and I will also try putting my legs up through-out the day. Thank you for all of the great advice!
Unread 07-22-2003, 03:05 AM
3 week check-up story

Bananas are great for potassium, but heavy in the tummy! and are also good for "binding" rather than loosening bowels--- just make sure you keep drinking lots of water!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register