Leg aches, arm aches, feet feel hot, can't seem | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Leg aches, arm aches, feet feel hot, can't seem Leg aches, arm aches, feet feel hot, can't seem

Unread 07-19-2003, 08:45 PM
Leg aches, arm aches, feet feel hot, can't seem

to sit still. What is this? Started on day 3 and today, day 4. Got better today, then came back (to knees and calves), Plus on day 2 my face got very red and hot. No fever or anything. these leg aches and pains are making me nuts. What to do for them???

not feeling like such a brave person today....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-19-2003, 11:28 PM

Georgene,
Sorry you are feeling so bad. I had terrible aches a few days after some of my chemos and other times it wasn't so bad. It is really awful and I couldn't sleep. My Doctor had me take ibuprofen and ativan but it didn't help. The longest it ever lasted was two days. Hope you feel better soon.
Unread 07-20-2003, 06:33 AM
Hi, hang in there..

and ask for Vioxx for the pain, a sleeping pill to let you have some rest during the first couple of nights.... take care, Jo
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-20-2003, 07:10 AM

Georgene:

Sorry you're not feeling well. I, too, had very bad leg pains during my 1st chemo. My dr. prescribed a Medrol Dose Pack and Darvocet for the remaining chemos. It really helped. I also drank tons of water. Hope you're feeling better.

s
Unread 07-20-2003, 07:26 AM

I get a fair amount of aches and pains during the first few days after chemo. It moves around my body... it starts in the back of my neck, works its way down the body to my hips/legs, then to the knees and feet. It's happened with every treatment. Eventually, it dissipates and then, I feel very grateful that I'm back to the "normal" healthy me.

As far as the facial flushing, I generally get that on the day after chemo. I think, in my case, it's from one of the pre-meds, Benedryl.

Drinking lots and lots of water also helps me.

Don't worry. This will pass. (Suggest writing all this down so that when you have to go through this again, you'll see the pattern and will know what to expect.)
Unread 07-20-2003, 09:12 AM

Hope this finds you feeling better. I am given pain meds to take for the three days following a chemo - Benadryl/Decadron/steroids, so do not experience physical pain, as such, but am quite tired and 'zonked' out by the meds. Like Maureenie, I think it's really important to establish if there is a pattern. I use the hystersisters journal for this. Take care.

Big
Unread 07-20-2003, 07:29 PM
Thank you all so much. I have written it

down so I can discuss some meds (I will ask about what you guys suggested) with my dr. It is a little better today. I would just like to know that there was something that would help it not become so painful. But I do feel better today, and I know by Tuesday I will be fine.
You guys are all so great. Thank you thank you thankyou.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register