bladder adhesions and lipoma | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > The Road Less Traveled

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

bladder adhesions and lipoma bladder adhesions and lipoma

Unread 07-19-2003, 10:01 PM
bladder adhesions and lipoma

Hi everybody,
Haven't been here in awhile. I actually have been back to work for the past year, after 5 years of not working before my hysterectomy. I was doing well up until about march 2003 when i started to have pain in my lower left abdomen. I felt a lump there about the size of a golf ball. I had a ctscan, dr. thought it was a hernia, but ct showed nothing. now it's july and i have soooo many symptoms. little lump is now huge (bigger than a softball), i have sciatic pain down my left leg ( especially at work), i have severe back pain, all over aches and pain pain pain!!! i went for an mri this week, and after having a bad reation to the contrast they injected into my arm instead of my vein, i find out that i have a large lipoma on my surgical incision, and my bladder is attached to my abdominal wall via adhesions!!!! PLEASE ANY HELP OR WORDS OF ADVICE? I thought it was all over after the hysterectomy and am at my wits end now. I need to work and don't know what to do! what dr to see. how long i will be out of work. PLEASE HELP!!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-20-2003, 09:20 AM

Oh (((((Sweetie)))))) I'm so sorry that you're now dealing with this after you finally got your life back

I don't have personal experience with either adhesions of lipoma, but I know that too many Road Dwellers are dealing with troublesome adhesions Hopefully, they'll be along very soon to share some insight in the issue.

While you wait, here's a link to valuable resources on adhesions:

https://www.hystersisters.com/vb2/sho...threadid=76142

And here's some information I found on Lipoma, which might help you with some of your questions:

http://www.amershamhealth.com/medcyc...201/LIPOMA.asp
http://www.lipomaforum.com/

I hope things improve for you real soon and that this is just a bump in the road, before you find yourself Beyond the Land of Hysters.

Unread 07-20-2003, 11:13 PM

Thank you for your reply. I'm losing it trying to figure out what all of this is going to mean. How long will i be out of work? how long of a recovery? Lap or major surgery? What kind of dr to see? any other opinions, words of wisdom, experience, would all be appreciated and helpful. Thank you
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-23-2004, 08:04 PM

I too have a lipoma but it is on the lower back left hand side. I am having aMRI on monday 7/26 to see if it is interfering with my spine before the neurosurgeon removes it. Also, with the fact that I have serious osteoperosis.. he wants to make sure it is not swelling from my discs. I was also informed that a lipoma in that area is sort of rare and can tether the spine. So, it should be interesting what the MRI shows.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register