bleeding,bleeding & more bleeding | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

bleeding,bleeding & more bleeding bleeding,bleeding & more bleeding

Unread 07-21-2003, 01:14 PM
bleeding,bleeding & more bleeding

I haven't had a period for 8 months and I started bleeding 2 weeks ago and I'm still going.I had that uronology for my bladder on the 11th of this month and I was in alot of pain for almost a week afterward. I'm beginning to wonder if they caused me to bleed like this from pushing on my uterus so much. It is going on the 3rd week and it starts to slow down and stop,and then it starts again. Do you think it is anything to worry about or is this normal.I'll be glad when I see the surgeon on the 29th.
Linda
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-21-2003, 01:27 PM

I wouldn't wait until the 29th, I would call your doctor and let him/her know what is going on. They may want to see you just to check things out.

Let us know how you are doing.

s
Unread 07-21-2003, 01:39 PM

i regularly have 3week periods...that's why i'm getting a H.

FL
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-21-2003, 03:12 PM
Ended up in ER over bleeding

I ended up in ER I was bleeding way to much. I was dizzy almost passing out, fever, sweats, huge blood clots. I am glad I did I was hemmoraging my blood pressure was really low, my iron level dropped .. Don't wait for this to happen to you ... Call your Dr. right away ... It may not be serious then again it might be .. You know your body more then anybody, if you have fears, and it doesn't feel right .... pick up that phone and call, It's better be safe then sorry ....
Enjoli
Unread 07-21-2003, 04:40 PM

Dear Linda:

Please contact your MD -- especially since you haven't had bleeding for 8 months until now. It could be a sign of an infection or any number of things that you need to have taken care of before your surgery.

Let me know what you find out

Blessings,

Pam
Unread 07-23-2003, 08:53 PM
called Dr.

I called the Dr today and was told the bleeding was normal since I did'nt have a period for 8 month. They told me to take ibraprofin(not sure about spelling) and I would be alright until my appointment.I'm not bleeding real heavy,just enough that I have to wear light pads. I go to the dr on tuesday,I'll let you know what he said and when my surgery is set.
Unread 07-23-2003, 09:02 PM

christianlady~

That is good news, I am glad you checked into it. Better safe than sorry. Let us know how your next apt goes.

s
Unread 07-23-2003, 10:31 PM

Sorry to hear of your troubles. Please be sure you check with your doctor about maximum dosage of ibuprofen that is appropriate for you. This med. can "thin" the blood and possibly make bleeding worsen. Hope your visit to the doc. is helpful.
Unread 07-23-2003, 10:41 PM

I was bleeding very heavy for two or three weeks of the month. I was told by the GYN's nurse that he couldn't do anything when I was bleeding so, I had to cancel two appointments because of it. The third time that I needed to cancel, I had to have my mother call to cancel for me because I forgot to bring my calling card to work with me. Mother called and asked them "What is she supposed to do wait till the autopsy to find out why she keeps bleeding? This is already effecting her health and I for one am worried about her." They got me in three days later and told her to tell me to come in bleeding or not. There would have been no real worry if I were only using mini pads, I was having to use overnights. I am so glad my TAH/BSO is over. Everyone who has seen me since has commented that I don't look like a raccoon any more!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register