Chemo finished-Amen to that! - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Chemo finished-Amen to that! Chemo finished-Amen to that!

Unread 07-22-2003, 09:18 PM
Congratulations Mary! You sound so great!

Now go on and have a great time at Disney! Wishing you hugs!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-23-2003, 05:12 AM
Chemo finished-Amen to that!

Mary P:

You are FREE AT LAST!!!!!

Congratulations on finishing your chemo...you made it down that tough road. Enjoy your summer...

s
Unread 07-23-2003, 10:15 AM
thank you

You are all very sweet. Thank you for the well wishes. Now I can't help but wonder if I started back at work too soon. I work 30 hrs/wk, and I called this morning due to what could be low counts or that famous cancer fatigue. No energy. In retrospect, Karenann, it did go by quickly and everyone involved was great (especially the nurses at the infusion center). Good Luck on Friday, Maureenie, and SirenSong, are you due for #6 soon? Did you ladies get fatigued after #2 and 3 like I seem to be?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-23-2003, 10:25 AM

I am due for #6 on or near August 4! I'm taking Neupogen shots everyday, and my doctor said he really wants to stay on the three-week schedule now, so . . . I'm counting the days! I'll meet with him on July 30th. I'm wondering when we'll do the CT scan. I'm already dreading the barium gas-fest. ;-)

I've been more fatigued with each treatment. Less pain and more fatigue. I'm generally feeling fine 6-7 days after each chemo, but I have to force myself to walk a few miles in the morning, as it gets my energy level up. If I just sit around, I stay tired all day. Neupogen also makes me a bit fatigued and achey. I'm hoping that I can continue Neupogen shots after my 6th chemo until my counts recover. Since I've had that white count problem, I'm sure that this will be part of the program.

Are you taking B complex vitamins? Those seem to help my energy a bit. Once chemo stops, I'll be adding in Vitamins C and E, quercitin, and a few other things. For now, it's just the B complex vitamins, a probiotic every other day, and some occasional maitake mushroom with D-fraction and Essiac tea.
Unread 07-23-2003, 10:47 AM

I've been taking B complex, thanks to your suggestion. I've had very little problems with neuropathy probably due to this. I definately need to start walking. I haven't felt like it, but I need to get motivated. What is a probiotic?
Unread 07-23-2003, 01:35 PM

A probiotic is something that my mom believes in. They are VERY expensive. It's a refrigerated capsule that replaces the healthy bacteria that chemo kills. It's apparently good for the bowels, etc. I take one every other day or so.

I'm so happy the B-complex vitamins worked! That combination recommendation came from Jochan and my mom. I think it's one of the more important things I've done for myself during chemo. I had pretty bad neuropathy during my first chemo, but haven't had any since I started with the B complex. I'm also taking milk thistle, which helps protect the liver, and Mega-Zyme enzymes (when I remember, since you're supposed to take them in between meals and I always seem to forget), which help the liver with digestion.

I really feel that fresh vegetable juices can do a lot for health . . . so I think I'm going to go ahead and do some juicing today. My nurses say no, but . . . I think my counts are probably fine with the Neupogen.

I don't feel like walking either. But I always feel better afterward. I also went to a yoga class two weeks ago and felt wonderful afterward. I think I'll try another one later today. (Luckily, I have a studio within walking distance of my place.)

My one vice: I have to have my one cup of decaf daily! :-) Though I went out to a fancy dinner the other night and indulged in some chocolate truffle cake. :-)
Unread 07-23-2003, 02:28 PM

Congratulations Mary..... Isn't is just the best feeling in the world!! Enjoy the rest of the summer.

Rosalie
Unread 07-23-2003, 02:31 PM

Hi Siren...

Just wondering... Is a probiotic capsule like the bacid (spelling may not be correct) capsules??? I remember taking them some time ago for bacteria when I was sick and wanted to ward off a yeast infection from the antibiodic.

Rosalie
Unread 07-23-2003, 02:51 PM

Hi, Rosalie!

The one I have i "3 in 1 Natren's Nature's Healthy Trinity." Accordingto the label, each tablet contains:

5 billion L. acidophilus NAS super strain
20 billion B. Bifidum Malyoth super strain
5 billion L. bulgaricus LB-51 super strain

I'd never heard of them before. It's something my mom has. I think it's about $1 per pill. For some reason, a bottle that looks like it should hold 150 capsules only holds 30 normal-sized capsules. And if my memory servces, my mom says they're around $35 or more for 30 capsules.

Hope this helps! :-)
Unread 07-23-2003, 06:22 PM
A few questions about this thread...

Siren, what did the neuropathy feel like? I have had a terrible time with leg aches, pains, pins & needles...it has been a week now.Is that neuropathy? I am not taking any vitamins. My feet feel so weird I don't think I could walk! But now I have some hope...B vitamins! If that is what it could be.

I am drinking one cup of tea a day...Still can't get the sugar out. I am so glad you are doing so well, all of you!

This is such a good site. I love you guys!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register