BEST Camp Memories | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysteritaville - Wellness Post Hysterectomy > HysterSisters Club House > B.E.S.T.-(Better Eaters Support Team)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

BEST Camp Memories BEST Camp Memories

Unread 07-23-2003, 07:26 AM
BEST Camp Memories

On the last day of camp we discussed starting a thread where we could post about it, so here goes!

I don't know about you guys, but I have visions of camp moments running round & round in my head. Today is a pefect, sunny day here & I ache to go to the beach with you! We do know how to relax, don't we ladies??

If I start laughing to myself one more time, the family may begin to SERIOUSLY wonder about me.

I just wanted to tell you all how much fun I had & how grateful I am to all of you for making it a really great vacation! Just the BEST, really. My somach is sore from laughing. Ann, I am NEVER going to discuss the embarrassment suffered by dogs with you again.

Girl time is food for the soul, hope you felt the same.

It was fun to get to know each other better & to see how different we all are, and how much we have in common also. And Desk, we all understand your fear of altered gait, really we do! Perectly normal & uderstandable! Why, it was years before I overcame my own fear of limping, do not feel ashamed! We are with you!

It was great girls, can't wait to see the pictures!!!!

You really are the best.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-23-2003, 08:01 AM
BEST Camp Memories

Ok, ok, I know this isn't a camper memory, so I'm not the only one who limps??? I'm good most daytime hours at this point but when I get tired its pretty noticable. Too many broken bones in the past...
Unread 07-23-2003, 10:53 AM
BEST Camp Memories

OK, I know I wasn't there... but I have to ask: what's all this about the embarrassment suffered by dogs????? Boy, it sounds like you girls had a good time!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-23-2003, 05:37 PM
BEST Camp Memories

I definitely still picture us all at camp! I break out in giggles several times throughout the day!

My first thought when I got home was that I missed the beautiful weather that we had. I had never been to Michigan, and even though I had been “across” the lake in Milwaukee, I had visions of well … to be honest; I don’t know what I expected MI to be like!

I can tell that my vacation is over, because here I am back to the humidity of the south. (That and my suitcase is in the middle of the floor still).

We definitely know how to relax!! Even our days that were full of activity were still very relaxing. I think my favorite memory, though there are many, is one on the beach. Seeing Xena crashing around in the lake waves, by herself, laughing her head off… each time she got knocked down by a wave, she laughed all the harder. Watching the kid in her come out to play was so very wonderful.

Each of you made this vacation so very special because you are all such special ladies. Each of us with our own talents, and together with a bond few can comprehend. I think it was not until we met the ladies at the end of the pier by the lighthouse where it really sank in just how special a group we had together, and how precious those few days were.

Xena, you have had a way of capturing the very essence of our trip through out your posts. Girl Time is indeed food for the soul.

Who can forget Desk’s marshmallow Christmas tree? (And the fun I had sneaking her plastic cup and spoon into her luggage so she’ll always have it to remember us by?)

Tamara’s face was priceless when late one night I revealed my name was neither Bobby nor Sue. What can I say TammySue, the South grows on ya.

Ann!! MOO! Next time I'll pack my little tupperware scoop so it won't take three of us to measure coffee!

Here at home, DSw is now in the habit when we are talking, and y’all now know how we talk in our own language, he stops and says, “are you talking to me or calling the cow?”
Girls just wanna have fun. Camp was indeed that, FUN!

BSQ
Unread 07-23-2003, 06:25 PM
BEST Camp Memories

It is good to know that I am not the only one who has been breaking out into a fit of giggles for no apparent reason to anyone around me!!

BSQ -- hang onto that Barbie cam, it is PRICELESS!! And be glad you weren't there when the bats came out on our last night when we lit another campfire! and.......as always...........Moo Moo Moo!!

Speaking of campfires, Shirley (our own FireStarter) did a great job of teaching Desk how to do a campfire, because Desk became our Campfire Girl on the last night when Shirley was gone.

Dany, what can I say except that obviously Xena doesn't believe me when I tell her that dogs get EMBARRASSED when they have to suffer thru something like having all their hair shaved off......

Camp did wonders for me, mentally, physically, and emotionally. It was definitely the BEST thing I have done for myself in a long long time. SO GLAD to have been able to meet you gals in person and share the good times. Hopefully we'll have pics soon!!

's

Ann
Unread 07-23-2003, 07:09 PM
BEST Camp Memories

The memories definitely bring a smile to my face all of the time and chuckles to myself at other times--you BEST campers know what memories I am talking about for sure on the chuckles!

Loved BSQ and I watching our own fireworks show even if the timing was a little off.

Loved falling to sleep and waking up to the sounds of BEST sisters talking and laughing.

Loved telling people all throughout the trip before, during, and after that I was taking a long weekend to meet up with my girlfriends and, why no, I had never been to Michigan before and, why no, we hadn't met before except online. I was surprised at how positive everyone was about that, but, why not, it was a super positive event!

Loved Xena getting me GF pasta and giving me the GF cookbook she had gotten years earlier! I felt so very special.

Loved eating ice cream on the porch of the farmer's market and being sung Happy Birthday by all my BEST camping buddies!

Loved how we would just sit around relaxing at the beach or at the cabin (inside or by the fire) and just have the most natural, laid back, but meaningful conversations. There was no hesitation, no pretense, no BS, just a group of supportive, loving friends.

Loved opening our princess mirror party favors from BSQ--used mine last night to pluck my eyebrows as a matter of fact. (Now I will smile a big smile every time I go to pluck my eyebrows.) Nothing is boring or ordinary with BSQ around!

Loved getting little affirmation note paper from Tamara. Will keep it close by to remind me that life is all about seizing the moment. So glad she was able to come in on the tail end of the weekend.

Loved Xena as the organized, eloquent, and beautiful hostess (yes, even in your jammies at the crack of dawn or late at night after returning from the airport). Loved your enthusiasm for music. Like Ann said hearing a song we listened to over the weekend brings back the moment.

Loved Desk's innocence and how she never met a "stranger" (furry or otherwise).

Loved chatting with Dawn about education and her delight at all the new experiences. (I'll be glad to be in on some more of those )

Loved Ann's forthrightness--now I can actually hear her voice when I read a post that says "I told you so"

Loved Nancy's "ready to go" attitude. She was more than a dawn to dusk girl. She took a day and made the most of it!

Just jotting them down is so much fun! What a trip it was--thank you all so much!

Love you guys,
Shirley
Unread 07-23-2003, 08:30 PM
BEST Camp Memories

I just love you guys!
More later.

Desk
Unread 07-24-2003, 11:29 AM
Cool - BEST Camp Memories Ahhhhh, BEST Summer Camp, What Wonderful Memories!!!

Well what can I say.... it was just the BEST time I've ever had in my whole life!! And I too am finding myself grinning from ear to ear and having giggling fits for no obvious reason to anyone around me!!

It was my first time flying AND my first time away from home without family and I LOVED every minute of it!! Ok, well maybe not EVERY minute..... the flight home from Cleveland to Elmira was something I could have done without...LOL!!! Our cabin's were just awesome and the location was perfect with the lake right out the back door! The weather was perfect almost the entire time. The conversations were great, it was as if we had all known each other our whole lives. It was a very relaxing time!!!

I was worried I would come home feeling guilty about whatever is was that we might eat. However it wasn't like that at all. We were all OP and there were curves centers all over the place that were within walking distance. We got in lots of step aerobics and also lots of walking. We didn't even have ice cream twice or eat at any cute little cafes with fancy desserts or have pina colada's and smores by the fire or anything like like. We certainly didn't have anything like big cheeseburgers and onion rings. We were sooo good.

Xena~ Our BEST chef and chaufer!! Tell George we love him and we miss him!!L-O-L I really appreciate your sweetness in all that you did for us, I know it was A LOT and saying *thank you* just doesn't even seem near good enough!! But for now thats all I can come up with, so....THANK YOU!!!!

Desk~ Don't worry during our next get togther we won't let you limp then either!! We know now just how sweet your little timmy is and how much you love him!!! Also you can be rest assured that no matter what we WILL NOT let him put you in a chipped jelly jar and move you all around the house!!

BSQ~ Mooooooo!!!! Glad you found some more moo moo's to add to the collection. And thanks again for the princess compact, it was the most perfect gift!! I'll let you know when I get MY Barbie Cam!!

Nancy~ Our full of energy girl that is like the energizer bunny... she keeps going and going and going. Went for her walk even after a full day of sight seeing! What a great lady!!

Shirley~ Has such a delightfull personality. She never got angry that we kept either losing her or getting her lost! First was on the way back to the cottage after picking her up at the airport(was dark and we missed the sign...ooops), then AGAIN when we lost her in Saugatuck AND THEN ONCE AGAIN when we left her in the ladies room at the beach. (all of which I still feel just horrible about!!) But she took it all in good humor though because she she is such a sweet person!! She is such an inspiration to me, she was determined to stay gluten free throughout and she did a fantastic job and earned my utmost respect!! She sure has a lot to face but I know she'll do just fine!!

Ann~ Our BEST navigator. I can't express enough the gratitude I have for her because I can honestly say that without her, I would NOT have been brave enough to have went!! She certainly proved her *Powerbabe* status with me thats for sure!! And BTW, I agree dogs DO get embarrassed, just ask my bald skunky smelling little girl!!

Tamara~ I am so gald she was brave and came! What a sweet person!! She showed me the cool stones on the beach and we had a ton of fun acting like kids again playing in the waves. It was great!!!

Can't wait until the pictures start coming in!!

Take Care, Dawn
Unread 07-24-2003, 07:43 PM
BEST Camp Memories

Campers...

Thank you

for sharing your memories

of BEST CAMP

What a gang!!!
Unread 07-25-2003, 06:34 AM
BEST Camp Memories

Good Morning Everyone!! I've been sitting here reading all these memories, and mine just keep flooding back to me.
I only had time for the one day this time, but I am so glad that I was able to get this time in. It was so great to put a face and a voice and a personality with everyone at camp. (Tamara, we missed each other, and I'm so sorry for that).
My trip there was easy as I was excited to meet everyone. There wasn't really even a nervousness about it. It was like catching up with old friends that I hadn't seen in awhile.
The day was filled with laughter, fun, great company, the beautiful western coast of Michigan, the great Farmers Market, shopping in Saugatuck (it has so many neat little shops), and just talking.
I was concerned that I'd get tired driving home. But I sort of rode an adrenaline high all the way home and didn't have any problems at all. I didn't even stop for a pop.
And yes, once I got home, I was rather wired and excited. I didn't feel as though I had gotten in my walk (we did lots of strolling and that staircase up from the beach was quite a workout), so I took the dog and DH and went for my walk. I had fun telling him all the fun things we did. And since we were out of the house walking, I had him as my captured audience.
I wish I could have spent more of the weekend with everyone. Hopefully, when we plan the next one, it will fall on a less hectic time frame for me. I've got about 15 irons in my fire right now and I need to just get a few of them out and finished.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register