Thank You Karenann!!! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Thank You Karenann!!! Thank You Karenann!!!

Unread 07-24-2003, 06:32 AM
Thank You Karenann!!!

I just received your phamphlet in the mail and would like you to give your son big hugs and kisses from all of us Ovarian Cancer Survivors and those that are going to be!!!! Even my husband, who does not get excited over much, was entrigued and delighted by your sons actions.

The only thing that upset me though was one part of the information on the back. It is the statement that says, "when diagnosed in the late stages, the chance of a five year survival is only 24 - 28% and that 50% of the women diagnosed with ovarian cancer die from it within five years.

Yes, I know that these are all numbers and that everyone and every case is different but it is scary!!

Anyway, too bad that your son is not passing the Long Island area in New York. Would have loved to have met him. Lets hope that he helps raise millions of dollars for ovarian cancer research which will lead to a cure or at least very early diagnosis.

So, to all the Hyster Sisters, throughout the United States, be on the lookout for Jeff Mason. He just may be bicycling past your house!!!!

Hugs and Kisses to you and your family!!

Rosalie
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-24-2003, 07:13 AM
Thank You Karenann!!!

s Rosalie

You and I learned early on not to pay much attention to statistics.
They are only numbers and hopefully don't represent us. Sometimes it is necessary to state the statistics in order to gain attention to this nasty disease. Jeff used the Ovarian Cancer Natl Alliance web site to get his stats. www.ovariancancer.org

The problem continues to be that too few women are diagnosed when the stage is I or II. Here the survival rate shoots up to 90% and 70%. That early warning proteomic blood test is coming
soon, I hope.

I am glad to hear you enjoyed the rest of the brochure. Keep his web site around and follow his journey updates.

oxoxo karenann
Unread 07-24-2003, 07:41 AM
Karenanne, please send me a brochure

or two, so I can post them at my dr's office. This is such a wonderful thing that he is doing!
If you email or pm me, I will send my address. thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-24-2003, 02:44 PM
Thank You Karenann!!!

Just wanted to let you know that I showed the phamphlet around at work today and everyone applauds him!! Also, the director of my school gave me a check for CONVERSATIONS. When I explained to her that this was not my intent when giving her the brochure to look at but her relpy was, "this whole thing is truly wonderful".

So, Karenann,,, do you want me to send the check directly to conversations or do you want to forward the checks. Just let me know.

Rosalie
Unread 07-24-2003, 02:57 PM
Thank You Karenann!!!

Rosalie

You are such a dear!!! As well as a wonderful ovca advocate. Send the check right to:

CONVERSATIONS
PO Box 7948
Amarillo TX 79114-7948

As a matter of fact, there is a part of the brochure you can detach and use.

oxoxox karenann
Unread 07-25-2003, 06:21 AM
Thank You Karenann!!!

The checks are in the mail... Mine and my directors.

Rosalie

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register