(((Hugs))) to my fellow Road Travelers..forgive me for being away:( - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > The Road Less Traveled

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

(((Hugs))) to my fellow Road Travelers..forgive me for being away:( (((Hugs))) to my fellow Road Travelers..forgive me for being away:(

Unread 07-25-2003, 05:51 PM
forgive me for being away

Sheri it is so good to hear from you. I have been so worried. I'm so sorry to hear all you have been thru. You have been in my thoughts and prayers and will continue to be.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-27-2003, 04:57 AM
And the Saga continues..LOL

Oh my ((Sweet Sisters)),
You don't know how very much your thots, prayers & support mean to me. Thank you from the bottom of my heart....I feel
as if I've been away forever! Over the past 3.5 years,
the only time I've been away from here was when we went to Florida 1 week out of the summer & for my surgeries & hospitalizations...my day just isnt the same w/o being able to visit HS!
Unfortunately, I'm having PC wireless networking problems... I just purchased a LapTop to be able to access HS while I'm away from home waiting for my home to be repaired/livable/furnished
I was using my cell phone as a modem & would'nt you know 2 days after I accessed the net, I dropped the da** thing in the lake right off the boat slip it rolled! Not funny Fri when it happened but I have to keep smiling!! I
It was 6:30 p.m. & of course all my carriers offices closed at 6 & dont reopen until Mon a.m.! I went ahead & purchased a new cellphone, diff't carrier, 1 yr contract so I could get Internet access & I'm yet to get online w/ it I spent the nite at a friends house last nite so I could *borrow* her phone line....I've got my fingers crossed that these Tech/Wireless Data Support guys will have me up & running no later than tonite!!

Gosh, what have I done soo wrong to deserve all this!?! I keep reminding myself that things happen for a reason but I need a break:-(
Oh & the keyboard on this LapTop takes some major getting used too but I'll deal w/that if I can just have my Internet connection!
I just wanted to let you all know of my latest Saga/Trials & Tribulations/ Nightmare or is it just plain ole *Bad Luck* !?!

I remind myself of all I do have tho...my kids, my Sister/Sisters/HysterSisters, job, my faith, family as well as lots of HOPE! there is soo much more too...many things I feel blessed to have.

Forgive me for not knowing what's going on healthwise w/each of you, I'll be trying to catch up. Thanks again for all the kind thots & prayers...just by having that alone is enough too make anyone feel blessed
(((((((((((hugs))))))))))))
Unread 07-27-2003, 06:57 AM
FYI~Wireless connections, products & info...

I've been looking around for some help w/ my connection problems & I thot this info might be of some help/interest to others looking into purchasing PCI cards/mobile web adaptors & Infrared Ports for accessing the Internet w/o phone lines/cables..ect....how coool is that

My Laptop has an Infrared port along w/ the following hardware/adapters any of which can help establish the above connections:
  • Wireless Network Connection~WirelessLAN 11Mbps WM168b USB Module
  • Point to Point Protocol over Ethernet(PPPoE)
  • VIA Rhine II Fast Ethernet Adapter
  • Express Network (1XRTT)
  • Serial Cable using IrDA Protocol
  • PCMCIA Adapters
  • Quick 2 Net (14.4kbs)
  • Express Network (1XRTT)
  • IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers

With the IrDA Protocol (Infrared Port) I established a connection w/my T-Mobile ; Sony Ericsson T-300 by aligning the 2 up but that was the cell that took a dive I had to add the Internet feature for $9.99 per/mo.
I purchased a Verizon cell about an hr after that.
Unfortunately, they dont make phones with the Infrared ports ( or Blue Tooth ) so I had to purchase a Mobile Office software kit that installed Verizon Quicklink Mobile, it included the USB cable that connects into the bottom of the phone then into Port Com 1 on your Laptop. So it's like using your cell as a modem both ways, no incoming or outgoing calls while your connected. Here is Verizons website that has info about their product & diff't accessories:
Verizon Mobile Web

Then T-Mobile is www.getmorespeed.com

Sprint has *PCI Cards* ~ Here are a few sites that show the products as well as pricing & info:
PCI Cards

Wireless PCI Cards

Wireless Networking buyers Guide
Firewire PCI Cards

More Sprint

Cables 4 Computers

SMC EZ Wireless Turbo-connect mbps

We've come a looong waaaay BABY

Now if they could accomplish these type of capabilities with the Female body we'd really have it going on
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-27-2003, 01:42 PM
(((Hugs))) to my fellow Road Travelers..forgive me for being away:(

(((((Sheri)))))) So sorry you've been having yet more problems Believe me, sweetie, if someone didn't do anything to warrant all of that hardship, it's you with you never-ending kindness and your great big Please know that we all love you and are all ing that all of this hardship will end, very, very soon

BTW, I had to smile when I read the bit about the cell falling in the river: it sounds like something I would do.

Take heart, sweetie, it's bound to get better, right? We're here for you!!!!
Unread 07-27-2003, 04:37 PM

Hi (((Sheri))) I, too, had to smile when I read about the phone... sounds like something that would happen to me! I just wanted to add that AT&T does have a bluetooth phone, the Sony Ericcson... I have that with data service but have yet to figure out how to get it to work with my laptop. I got as far as the laptop getting the phone to dial up AOL, but then it was unable to establish a connection. When I try to figure out the problem I get a lot of finger pointing so I'm still working on it. I'll be following your story with a lot of interest to see how you get it worked out!

Hang in there, I'm sure you'll be back with us very soon!
s,
-Linda
Unread 07-28-2003, 11:00 AM

Thanks (((Dany))) & (((Linda))), you 2 made my morning!!
I have excellent news..I DID IT....
I'm now connected thru the Verizon & AOL, the best part is- I did it all by myself
I've fooled w/ this thing for hours on end w/ no luck! I actually feel asleep last nite w/ the Laptop on my chest I got up this a.m. determined that I was going to *connect* no matter what! I called AOL Tech support b/c I actually got as far as establishing a connection but couldnt get AOL to open up w/it. After waiting 10 mins onthe phone, the AOL Tech guy informs me that AOL doesnt support a wireless connection The largest ISP in the country & they dont????!!!!??? Guess MSN will be taking the lead b/c many , many customers need Internet access while traveling, vacationing, stuck on a boat w/o phone lines!!
Anyhow, he made me mad....I had the connection I just needed AOL to recognize it. Well, it hit me the settings! I hadnt adjusted AOL's settings under one of the network options..sure enuf that was it!!
Gosh the things we take for granted:-) Never again!
Linda, my T-Mobile that hit the water was a Sony Ericson..it had the camera attached...there were no A T&T dealers open & Verizon was the only one!
Email me if you need some help w/yours, you do need to purchase that option thru your service provider, AT&T I assume?
It's soo cool....HysterSisters ANYWHERE
((((hugs))))) my friends...love ya!!
Unread 07-29-2003, 10:21 AM

Sheri,

Sorry to hear about your break in.

I too had to laugh about the cell phone. I washed DD cell phone (she had it in her jean pocket) and of course it wouldn't work. Bought her a new one and 2 months later it's broken. Waiting for a "refurbished" one to come in the mail. Don't get it why a 2 month old cell phone is broken. DD said she didn't "do anything" to it. LOL!

Hang in there Sheri....good to see your're back online.

Renee
Unread 07-29-2003, 11:22 AM

Thanks (((Renee))),
Your DD sounds like mine...I bought her a cell phone almost 2 yrs ago & she has *accidently* broken/lost/damaged 3 of them Luckily I had insured all of them! I think my DD does it so she can get the new-improved ones. I told her after the last one that was it, I didnt care what happened to it she would be stuck w/it...
I only had the *drowned one* about 3 months, I had got a deal on it, I loved the camera & pictures options. I'm awaiting my replacement one as well..to bad it wont have all my phone numbers/contacts/appt's in it..oh well
((((((((hugs))))))) & thanks again!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register