2 weeks Post Op Appt. | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

2 weeks Post Op Appt. 2 weeks Post Op Appt.

Unread 07-24-2003, 02:22 PM
2 weeks Post Op Appt.

Hi fellow sisters, I had my two week post op appointment yesterday. The Doc said I look terrific. That things seem to be healing very well, but "NO BUNGIE JUMPING" he was joking. But he did give me the go ahead for walking on the treadmill, and lite weights and lite yoga, no abs. Also swimming, I'm allowed to go in and refresh myself, but have to dry when I come out of the water immediatly.

The sad thing my fellow sister at The Castle is still there. She isn't doing so well, and her pathology report was not good. I feel awful for her, but I am keeping her in my prayers.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-24-2003, 03:23 PM
2 weeks Post Op Appt.

How far are you allowed to go on the treadmill...I'll be 2 weeks post-op on Monday with no doc appt until 6 weeks! Thanks!
Unread 07-24-2003, 04:16 PM
2 weeks Post Op Appt.

hey girlfriend, glad to hear that you were cleared for all this activity, gosh i went to my doctor yesterday for my two week post op and feel great too, she told me that i was healing very nicely, but she wasn't too happy about my plans to go the cape for a few days in early august. okay, i understand it is camping, but it's easy camping. anyway, can't take all this non-activity!!! i am usually working two part time jobs in the summer (golf ranger and bartender) while off from teaching and i actually miss being so busy. how have you been handling it? i know that your sonkeeps you busy, but what about all the other daily routines? are you still working on a limited basis? keep me posted okay and continue on your road to recovery. ps., be there for your castle mate as i am sure you are. jacey
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-28-2003, 05:58 AM
2 weeks Post Op Appt.

[quote]Originally posted by sharonrie
How far are you allowed to go on the treadmill...I'll be 2 weeks post-op on Monday with no doc appt until 6 weeks! Thanks! [/
QUOTE]

He didn't give me a limit, just doesn't want me to over do it. So I figure if I walk at 3.5 - 4 for 1/2 and hour to 45 mins that should be perfect! I need to keep doing at least some cardio.
Unread 07-28-2003, 06:09 AM
2 weeks Post Op Appt.

Quote:
Originally posted by jacey
hey girlfriend, glad to hear that you were cleared for all this activity, gosh i went to my doctor yesterday for my two week post op and feel great too, she told me that i was healing very nicely, but she wasn't too happy about my plans to go the cape for a few days in early august. okay, i understand it is camping, but it's easy camping. jacey
Glad to hear you had a good two week post op also jacey. I have been doing very well too. I'm pretty much back to my usual activity level with the exception of my full work out at the gym. But I have picked back up a few of my favorite clients again (I am a personal trainer) As far as my fulltime job, I work in our family business, so I am back to my regular schedule. I actually even went out on our wave runner this past Saturday. We took it really easy, and for the most part I watched from the side lines.

Have a great time in the Cape. I don't know but, if you are feeling okay to go, then I say go! We are taking a trip to Orlando in two weeks, my doctor didn't say no.

As far as daily acitivities, I do pretty much everything as normal, but no heavy lifting. I have gone food shopping, to the flea market, the mall ect... I really have to say that I haven't felt this good in over a year!

Good luck to you, and keep in touch!
Unread 07-28-2003, 09:02 AM
2 weeks Post Op Appt.

I am 5 weeks post op, am doing okay, and I am going camping for a few days starting tomorow!! I can't stand all this non activity like Jacey said either!!! But... I am not ready to go back to work. I work 8-4:30 M-F and I also have a part time job on Sat and Sun in the AM for about 4 hours. Once I go back to one job, I need to go back to the other and I am justnot ready for the 7day grind yet. I got the okay to swim after ONE week when the staples came out!! but I didn't go swimmming. I won't be over exerting myself camping, my family understands I am still in recovery period.
I give you alot of credit Jrsy1971 for taking the trip to Orlando, I just think it would be too much for me just yet. But if you feel okay go for it.
Have a great time girls and feelbetter soon!!
Unread 07-28-2003, 09:12 AM
2 weeks Post Op Appt.

Quote:
Originally posted by patty24
I am 5 weeks post op, am doing okay, and I am going camping for a few days starting tomorow!! I can't stand all this non activity like Jacey said either!!! But... I am not ready to go back to work. I work 8-4:30 M-F and I also have a part time job on Sat and Sun in the AM for about 4 hours. Once I go back to one job, I need to go back to the other and I am justnot ready for the 7day grind yet. I got the okay to swim after ONE week when the staples came out!! but I didn't go swimmming. I won't be over exerting myself camping, my family understands I am still in recovery period.
I give you alot of credit Jrsy1971 for taking the trip to Orlando, I just think it would be too much for me just yet. But if you feel okay go for it.
Have a great time girls and feelbetter soon!!
Hey Patty, I see your from New Jersey also. Sorry to hear that you have two jobs, that is alot to handle. I work M - F from 8am - 2pm, and then I have a couple of clients I train totaling about 12 hours a week. So I have been busy. I do find that I tire easier, so I take a little nap in the afternoon.

As for the trip to Orlando, we will be skipping Disney this time, and doing Universal, Sea World, and Silver Springs. The mouse would be way to much! LOL!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register