fistula concerns :( - Page 3 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > The Road Less Traveled

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

fistula concerns :( fistula concerns :(

Unread 08-02-2003, 06:24 AM
fistula concerns :(

(((((Shelly)))))

Soooo happy that the ins. issue is settled...I have found that they better beware of women on a mission!!!! Glad things are moving along and surgery is still a go!!!!

Sorry to hear of another UTI- I was on antibiotics(macrobid) for about a month before surgery- took just one everyday and did not get any UTI's thankfully- just an FYI...the nurse at URO's office told me to take acidoffolus to keep the yeasties at bay cause I was on antibiotics for so long...I still take one just about every other day- as I found the yeasties like to creep up on me from time to time...

When is the surgery date??? or are they waiting for the cyto on Monday??? Good luck on Monday- I will be thinking of you...have a good weekend and I'm here if you need anything!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-02-2003, 09:16 AM

Karen,

I have to wait until Monday to find out what the plan is. I hope she talks to me after the cysto and doesn't have me make another appointment...another day off from work and another wait. My boyfriend and or daughter are going with me and I'll have a list of questions for her so they can ask if I'm kind of out of it.

Maybe I shouldn't say this but I've never had a yeast infection, I only get the unusal weird complications. I know antibiotics will cause them and I've been on so many this year...and no yeasties for me. I'm lucky in that respect.

Back to cleaning....for a little while anyway....then it's fun for me.

Shelly
Unread 08-02-2003, 07:35 PM

Way to go girly on getting that insurance company in line!!!! Never mess with a determined woman!

I hope everything goes well on Monday and that you get a plan of action. I'll thinking of you.

I'm off on Tuesday for my follow-up visit for my fistual repair surgery. The doc will do a cystogram and if the bladder holds, out comes the SP catheter! Oh how wonderful that will be! I am so looking forward to a "nomal" life.

Keep us posted on how Monday goes. Take care!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-03-2003, 06:39 AM

(((((Shelly)))))

Iwill be tinking of you tomorrow and Your surgery date is right around the corner....do bring all your questions and it is good to have someone with you as 2 people never hear the same thing as the other.........

Good for you with no yeasties!!!! You are one lucky woman as there is just about nothing worse (other than a fistula). Enjoy the rest of the weekend and keep me posted..

(((((Julie)))))

Great news about Tuesday- I have been wondering how you are...you are almost cath free!!!! Will be thinking of your to dear Fistulasister...let us know how it goes!!! to you too...
Unread 08-03-2003, 10:09 AM
Hi Ladies...

's to all.

I was just reading over on the "post-op" forums and there is a sister who seems like she could really use ya'lls support. She has just been diagnosed with what I 'think" is called a UVF. The thread I believe is called "Ever heard of this" and her name is LDK50.

I thought maybe one of you ladies could invite her over to your post or offer her some support, she seems very lost. I would post a link, but I'm not sure how to do that.
Thanks
Dawn33
Unread 08-03-2003, 10:32 AM

Dawn

Thanks for the heads up- I replied to the thread and hopefully it can be moved over here...Thanks
Unread 08-03-2003, 08:08 PM
Thanks for the invite

Your problems sound a lot like mine. I'm still pretty confused. Tomorrow, I'm having a stint put in. I'm still not sure how the hole in the ureter is getting into my vagina..it does sound like a fistula. I just know that I am leaking like a sieve. I have to change pads every couple of hours. I've had several surgeries and never had a complication, but this is really getting to me. I can't sleep because I have to get up every 2 hours. I went to the ER yesterday and my doctor set up this thing tomorrow, but I'm still not sure what it will involve. Am I going to need another surgery to fix the fistula? They hope the hole in the ureter will heal on its own, but what if it doesn't? I'm an emotional mess..it's been such a roller coaster. I'm so happy that my cancer was confined to the endometrium and I don't have to have radiation or chemo, but I'm so miserable with this problem. I feel very petty crying about this setback when I could be facing cancer treatment.
Unread 08-04-2003, 08:20 AM

(((((LDK50)))))

Sending a big Dear Sister and so glad you found us over here...I hope the stenting goes well today and you are feeling better soon.

Do not think you are alone, you are NOT and we are here for you..search the threads under fistula and you can read all of our stories..there is alot of chatter, but also a wealth of info...

As you said to be cancer free is such a relief and you can and will get thru this and be better real soon..take care sweetie and let us know how you are when you feel up to it!!!
Unread 08-04-2003, 09:22 AM

Hi,

Just wanted too wish you good luck with your stent insertion. I know what you mean about being cancer free but went through the turmoil of realizing that there are other things to worry about then just cancer. I can't explain about the ureter hole without a visual but your dr will. I do not have my bladder hooked up because I still have my fistula. I belong to the United Ostomy Assoc. & they describe it like this-A person does not need a bladder to live but you must keep your kidneys or sometimes kidney healthy. Therefore your ureters that are the drainage system for the kidneys must be kept in good shape. They are much more important then a working bladder. Hopefully after your procedure you will have a lot more answers.

God Bless,
Terry
Unread 08-05-2003, 07:19 PM
vesico vaginal fistula

Shelly - I'm an old fistula sister (under the name of hansolo) and I am so sorry you are going through this terrible crap. I know it is awful and I can truly feel your pain. I had my hysterectomy on 8/5/02 (today is my one year anniversary - I bought myself some roses) and had the fistula pop up on 8/25...had the repair surgery 11/12 by a wonderful Urologist at Emory University in Atlanta and I'm doing great. If you're interested in my tale, search on hansolo. There's lots of chatter, but lots of good info too.

I would be glad to talk to you via phone or private email. Just send me a message - no pressure.

I know THIS IS HARD. It was the most challenging thing I had ever gone through and I was soooo disappointed in myself because I let it get me down so much, but I'm here to say that there is a light at the end of the tunnel, I did survive even though there were times I thought I wouldn't.

I hope this message gives you some hope and to all my fellow fistula sisters out there, I'm almost 9 months post repair and things are O.K. (not perfect) but much better than they were 9 months ago.

Love to all, Jocelyn

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register