fistula concerns :( - Page 4 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > The Road Less Traveled

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

fistula concerns :( fistula concerns :(

Unread 08-06-2003, 08:52 AM
fistula concerns :(

Joce,

Happy anniversary! Soooooo great to hear from you! Please send me an e mail to fill me in on what you've been up to lately! How is Barbara?

Shelly, Joce helped me through my fistula ordeal, I don't think I would've made it without her support. Hope you're having a good day. I am 7 months post repair and I still have bad days but nothing like before-it WILL get better!

Hugs,

Louise
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-06-2003, 09:18 AM

((((Jocelyn))))

So happy to hear from you!!!! You sure did help me to, as well as my Dear Friend (((((Louise))))) ...what a great fistulasisters you both are!!! Congrats on your anniversary...and having everything working well...I to am doing well and just wish we could all not have any new sisters in our club!!!!

Shelly

Hope you are feeling OK- give us an update if you have a moment!!!

Take care all and be well!!!!
Unread 08-06-2003, 02:28 PM

Louise and Karen - thanks so much for the response! I, too, have good days and bad...more good than bad. One of the most helpful hints I got from my Urologist was to keep the bowels empty! I still take Fibercon, Surefax everyday and can tell when things aren't working correctly.

Barbara is doing quite well. She just moved into a beautiful new home and has been too busy building and decorating it! She's still heck-on-wheels and I hope to see her again soon. Don't know what I would have done without her to help me through the fistula ordeal.

She still experiences some problems, mostly a feeling of fullness and the need to "pee" a lot. She's had issues with her doctor, too, but I won't go into that here.

Hope I can be of some help to someone out there...having a fistula develop is a very scary thing and I think of the ordeal EVERYDAY.

God bless you all!

Joce
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-06-2003, 03:36 PM

I just wanted to update everyone about my cysto on Monday. Everything went well other than the doc running WAY behind....5 hours to be exact. The fistula is small but up high. She's going to attempt to repair it vaginally but will be prepared to do it through my abdomen. I haven't scheduled it yet but it will probably be mid Sept. (That way I can get the first payroll done for the start of the new school year). I really like the doctor, she gave me her cell phone # and told me to call her if I have any questions.

One thing that she mentioned that I wonder if you experienced...a drug that dries you out...your eyes, mouth and makes you constipated??????

Mentally I'm doing pretty good...been keeping busy and the support of all of you helps ALOT!!! THANKS SOOOO MUCH!!!!!!
Unread 08-06-2003, 04:26 PM

Shelly,

Detrol made me feel thirsty all the time and I had to take a stool softener and have a drink in my hand all the time (I felt like it was leaking out of me as fast as I drank it! The detrol really helped me with spasms so I was willing to put up with the side effects!

My fistula was high too, on the back of the bladder. They ended up doing the repair abdominally and had to actually cut my bladder and lay it out flat to repair the fistula. They put a fat pad between my vagina and my bladder and I haven't had any problems since, other than my tiny bladder!

Keep busy and take care of your self, rest when you need it!

Hugs,
Louise
Unread 08-06-2003, 07:29 PM

Hi Shelly

I am so glad that you like the URO- that is so important!!!! Sounds like you are getting the plan ready and before you know it you will be on the other side...

Glad you might have a vag fix- mine was VERY high up and posterior but URO finally got it after an hour of trying and so had no cut- hopefully she can do that for you to...I will be praying for you and let us know what else you need...

I had the same experience with Detrol as Louise said, if that is the drug she is talking about...hey BTW did she cath you yet or did I just miss that in my reading

Talk to you soon!!!!
Unread 08-07-2003, 05:46 AM

Karen,

No cath yet...I guess she's waiting until surgery. She told me I would have 2...1 for about a week and the other for about 3 weeks....assuming everything goes well. Keeping my fingers crossed here.

Shelly

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register