New Member - Endometrial Cancer | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

New Member - Endometrial Cancer New Member - Endometrial Cancer

Unread 07-26-2003, 08:00 AM
New Member - Endometrial Cancer

Hi All,

Found this site about a week ago and have been lurking since. I have learned soooooo much from all of you!!!! I can't tell you how good it is to find a group of women who are going through the same thing I am!!!

I was diagnosed with endometrial cancer about 10 days ago after having an endometrial biopsy for abnormal bleeding and pelvic pain. The biopsy came back showing a grade 1 adenocarcinoma. My GYN referred me to a GYN/ONC immediately. I had an appointment with him on Monday and he will be doing a TAH/BSO and lymph node sampling on Tuesday July 29.

I'm not so scared about the surgery as I am about the surgical staging and the final pathology report!!! I'm hoping its been caught early, although I only have myself to blame if not--I waited a long time before I went to see the GYN.

Since I'm single, I'll be staying with my Dad during the post-op recovery period, but I'm taking my Laptop with me so I can keep us with everything. You ladies have really been an inspiration to me!!!!

Wish me luck!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-26-2003, 08:34 AM

Hi Terry,
I know how scary this all is, but it should be fine. I had a TAH/BSO June 5th, so I am about 7 weeks post op and feel pretty good. My unterine cancer was found during a D&C and as it turned out they took it all during the biopsy. I didn't require any follow up treatment either, so just try to be optimistic, and i wish you the best of luck, and please let us know how everything turns out!!
Many blessings,
Carine
Unread 07-26-2003, 09:25 AM

Hi Terry,

You will be in my thoughts and prayers. Be postive!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-26-2003, 09:42 AM

Terry ~~~ Good Luck on Tuesday. I'll be keeping you in my thoughts and prayers. Let us know how you do when you can.

's
Unread 07-26-2003, 10:09 AM

Hi Terry,

I am new to the hyster sisters group as well and it is a wonderful place with very caring women who have great advice. Best of luck on Tuesday and I'll be thinking of you and sending you positive vibes.

cervical adenocarcinoma
Unread 07-26-2003, 10:20 AM
Welcome

Terry
I was dx with endometrial cancer July of 2002. I had horrible bleeding which led me to the dr and the dx. I had let it go for awhile and then finally went to the gyn and told her....she said it was perimenopause and normal, but on my next annual we would do a sonogram....many months later I went in and had the sono and she found what she thought was a polyp....again she said it was something women my age get.....(I was 43 at the time), nothing to worry about....I asked about cancer and she said that I didnt' fit the profile for uterine cancer. This all happened in April....I asked her if I could wait until the summer when I was out of school to have the d and c to remove the polyp...she said fine....well had the d and c and we were all so shocked at what we found....I had a ct scan, colonoscopy, blood work, chest xray, saw the onc/gyn, scheduled surgery for the following Sat., within days of the dx. The onc sampled lymphnodes and all were clear....my surgical stage 1a was found I dont need further treatment, just close follow up. I was also very concerned that I would be in trouble because of the time that had elapsed, but was told that this type of prob usually starts with thickening of the uterus which can cause bleeding and pain and then goes into precancer, then cancer....most of the time it is slow growing. It is good that your path showed a grade 1...My gyn said that grade indicates how agressive or fast growing a tumor is.....grade 1 is excellent news.
I would be happy to answer any ??'s you might have about my surgery, recover and follow up.....You can post here, PM or email me....I know this is very scary and you will have times during recovery that you will worry but it does get better. This is a wonderful site and will help to get you through it all.
Unread 07-26-2003, 07:25 PM

Originally posted by Lynnels

I am new to the hyster sisters group as well and it is a wonderful place with very caring women who have great advice. Best of luck on Tuesday and I'll be thinking of you and sending you positive vibes.

Lynn,

Thanks for the good thoughts. Every one on here seems soooo nice. I was just reading about your horrible experience over the last few days. Hope you're able to get the tests done soon and start feeling better!!!!
Unread 07-26-2003, 07:34 PM
Re: Welcome

Originally posted by Chris5

I was dx with endometrial cancer July of 2002. I had horrible bleeding which led me to the dr and the dx. ....again she said it was something women my age don't get.....(I was 43 at the time), nothing to worry about....I asked about cancer and she said that I didnt' fit the profile for uterine cancer.

Chris,

I also don't fit the profile. I just turned 46. But I guess that is the good news. From the research I've been doing for the past week, it seems that younger women like us tend to get the least aggressive form (Grade 1). I'm glad your surgery went so well and that it was still in stage 1a. Hope mine is the same!!!!

Thank you to everyone who wished me well!!! You have no idea (or, maybe you do....) how good it is to be able to talk to people who are going through the same thing.
Unread 07-26-2003, 08:41 PM
Terry,

I have endometrial cancer too, Stage IIIC. When they sampled my lumph nodes, 4 out of 30 had microscopic cancer cells. I had a TAH/BSO on 3/7. Radiation began in April for 29 treatments (external) and I have had 2 (out of 6)chemo treatments.

This is a great place to get answers and support. Good luck with your surgery. We will be praying for you! Let us know how you make out.

Feel free to PM me if you have any specific questions.
Unread 07-26-2003, 09:00 PM

Hi Terry....

Glad you found us!!! Yes, the whole idea of cancer is scary but we are all here to help each other.

Keep us up to date on everything and enjoy spending time with your dad during your recovery.

Rosalie

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register