Severe pain near tailbone | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Severe pain near tailbone Severe pain near tailbone

Unread 07-26-2003, 04:34 PM
Severe pain near tailbone

I am new to this sight and hoping that one of you ladies can answer some of my questions/concerns. I just found out that I will be having a total hysterectomy for both endo and fibroids. I am 36 yrs old and getting concerned that this isn't the right decision. I have bad periods with blood clots and cramps, but my worst problem is the lower back pain. Recently I have constant pain to the left of my tailbone that does not go away. It is worse when I sit for a period of time. Do/did any of your ladies have that symptom? I just want to make sure that the hysterectomy will take the pain away. Thanks for your support!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-26-2003, 05:15 PM
Tailbone pain

Yes yes yes on the back pain. I had multiple large fibroids. I had lower back, tailbone pain, radiating pain down into my hip and problems urinating. All were completely gone after my TAH four weeks ago. Go for it and get that hazardous stuff out of your body for a healthy you! Good luck!
Unread 07-26-2003, 05:33 PM

Thank you so much for your quick reply! You have greatly eased my mind. I was starting to think that maybe it was just a back problem and I didn't need the TAH. Gald to hear that you are feeling so much better after only 4 weeks! Thanks again....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-26-2003, 06:12 PM
Tailbone pain

Yes yes yes on the back pain. I had multiple large fibroids. I had lower back, tailbone pain, radiating pain down into my hip and problems urinating. All were completely gone after my TAH four weeks ago. Go for it and get that hazardous stuff out of your body for a healthy you! Good luck!
Unread 07-26-2003, 08:04 PM
Tailbone pain

I developed tailbone pain, which is at times severe, immediately following a procedure called a presacral neurectomy to relieve severe pelvic pain. The PSN didn't work for the pelvic pain, which turned out to be severe adenomyosis, I'm sorry to say, but was relieved by the SAH one year later.

My hysterecomy has made absolutely no difference with the tailbone pain. I have been thinking about following up to figure out exactly what is causing it, and see if it could be cured, however I have a few other major health issues that have been demanding my absolute attention of late.

If I were you, I would seek at least one second opinion, just to be sure that you aren't dealing with some other issue (back, nerves, etc.). When I was trying to run down the cause of my intractable pelvic pain, I heard over and over that there can be so many causes for lower abdominal pain that a hysterectomy doesn't always cure them. I think we are all different and have different histories, and God willing, you are on to the solution that will relieve you of pain, but it is such a major surgery, and sometimes brings such emotional and physical reactions, including grief, and potential complication, that it is worth another opinion. Some women have done "pain mapping," maybe you can do a search on this, to identify the source of the pain before undergoing such an invasive surgery. Just my two cents.

Good luck with your decisions. I hope they relieve you of pain and bring you peace,
Loretta
Unread 07-26-2003, 09:13 PM

I too have severe lower back and tailbone pain....I have gone through lumbar spine xrays and a CT scan to be sure that it wasn't a back problem that was causing the pain and not the pressure from the fibroids....All xrays were clear....so I am praying this hysterectomy takes care of that issue along with many others.....You might want to consider asking your doctor about xrays....
My prayers are with you
GOD BLESS
LA

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register