Bladder not emptying | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > The Road Less Traveled

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Bladder not emptying Bladder not emptying

Unread 07-28-2003, 12:37 PM
Bladder not emptying

I have been having left flank pain and went to the ER on Sat. They gave me pain med. and set me up with an IVP for this morning. I got my x-rays and went to the Urologist, he said that everything looks good from the reimplantation done in Jan. and the bladder hitch is still good, but for some reason my bladder isn't getting empty after I void. He is setting me up for a dilation for next week and said that should help. Anyone had this? What would cause it? Did the dilation work? The Dr. and I are grateful that the rest is wonderful because it was a rough few months at the beginning of the year. Thanks ladies!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-28-2003, 07:09 PM
Bladder not emptying

Hi

So sorry for your new problem..I have no expertise here just want to send healing thoughts and a warm your way and hope this next procedure takes care of this for you... Take care...and be well!!
Unread 07-28-2003, 07:16 PM
thank you

Thank you for the thoughts and hug..........it was needed!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-29-2003, 06:37 AM
Big Hugs to you!

I'm so sorry you are having these problems... I had a bladder sling done with my hyster last year, and developed retention issue's.. So I had several dilations, and then my sling adjusted... I am doing great now, no more retention, they removed the scar tissue in the urethra with the sling loosening..

A word about the dilation... It does hurt. Be prepared for some stinging the first few times you go afterwards... Kinda feels like peeing glass. Don't mean to scare you, but I wish I was told about the discomfort... I made sure the next one, they gave me extra Pyridium (A bladder pain med soother), and I took some sitz bath's with witch hazel....

Good Luck to you, and I hope your problems are resolved the first time....
Unread 07-29-2003, 10:11 AM
Bladder not emptying

When I spoke with my uro yesterday he said it's not uncommon for me not able to pee all the way. He said after the type of surgery I had it's going to take more time. He put me on antibiotics for 3 months now to try to get rid of my contant UTI and he feels I'm not emptying my bladder completely either.
<sigh>
Hang in there....that's all we can do.

Renee
Unread 07-30-2003, 03:45 PM
Bladder not emptying

Thanks for the info about the dilation and the Pyridium. I have taken Pyridium several times but I hadn't thought of it for this. It was usually for infections. I will be sure to ask for some if he doesn't give me any. I just hope that this will fix me. Like the Dr. said this isn't nothing compared to what I've been through this year. Blessing's to all!
Unread 07-31-2003, 07:19 PM
Bladder not emptying

Hi Perc

I so hope you are feeling better- when are you going next week for your test??? Let me know I will send a special prayer up for you....bladder issues really stink..I had surgery in March for a fistula...but I know the bladder does forgive all these invasive procedures and heals well...mine is doing great most of the time...keep the chin up
Unread 08-01-2003, 05:53 PM
Bladder not emptying

I go Aug. 12 for the dilation. All prayers are more than welcome! I thank you in advance. KAR1--did you have a VVF or a UVF? I had UVF. I was just wondering..........one isn't any better than the other. I just didn't realize how much this happens. I don't know if the problem with my bladder now is related to the UVF or not but the Dr. said that the IVP x-rays showed that the repair that he did in Jan. looked beautiful. It is good to know that my kidney has recovered from the swelling. Thanks again! I am glad that I have found this sight. Take care all.
Unread 08-01-2003, 07:20 PM
Bladder not emptying

Perc

Hi ....I had a VVF which was repaired in March....glad your kidney looks better. It is amazing how much this happens and you never hear how much until it happens to you!!!! ...but the prayers are on for 8/12 and know you are in my thoughts...take care and have a good weekend!!!
Unread 08-05-2003, 08:47 AM
bladder problems

I am so sorry you are having problems, but very happy that I am able to see I am not alone! I had my surgery a year ago (7/30/02) and have had problems with my bladder ever since. The sling fixed the leakage problem, but brought a whole new set of issues! I have retention, I can't urinate half the time (I used caths for over 6 months!) and when I can urinate, I have to assume a leap frog position--basically standing on my head!
After making some business trips lately--I found this very frustrating in the very little bathrooms on the plane--especially in turblance!

I am going to my dr. on Monday to discuss having the tvt removed. I can't keep going through this. I saw where someone mentioned having the sling loosened--is this a possibility? Where can I find out more about this procedure?

Thanks for all your help!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register