Surgery on 8/6...CIN III | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Surgery on 8/6...CIN III Surgery on 8/6...CIN III

Unread 07-29-2003, 03:01 PM
Surgery on 8/6...CIN III

Hi! Let me introduce myself. My name is Teri and I found this site a few weeks back when I was diagnosed with CIN III and researching my treatment options. What a truly amazing site this is! Thank God for all of the hystersisters that support this site! It is an invaluable reasource!
I had my consult with my Gyn. on July 18th and we decided to go ahead with the hysterectomy and be done with it. My surgery is scheduled for 8/6/03. She initially suggested the Leep/Cone biopsy, but after discussing my feelings about it, she agreed to go ahead with the hysterectomy. The fewer the trips to the Dr. and the castle, the better! I just want to be done with it and not have to worry about re-occurence and paps every 3 months. Not sure I could be compliant with that.
This is how the events unfolded...I hadn't been for a yearly pap in about 5 years. I had not been in a relationship for nearly 3 years and didn't feel it was important enough to go through the humiliation of the yearly exam, so I put it off. Well, in October of 2002, I met the love of my life. He insisted that I go as a preventative measure. He is an amazing man. Anyway, the Pap in November came back as negative...just what I figured. So, I thought. Well, in March of this year I started having very bad pelvic pain. I just passed it off as ovarian cysts. Then I started having painful orgasms, painful intercourse and slight bleeding/spotting after intercourse. Again, my DB insisted I go see my Dr. During the exam, she noticed a lesion on my cervix. She was convinced it was either the HPV virus or Herpes and tested the lesion for both. Both came back negative and the next step was the Colposcopy/Biopsy. The results came back as severe dysplasia/CIN III. Since cervical cancer runs in my family, I would just feel better getting the bad cells out out of there completely. My Dr. is strongly encouraging me to keep my ovaries since I am only 32. I plan to, but she has permission to take them if they look bad when she's performing the hysterectomy. I'm anxious for this whole thing to be over. I have more anxiety than I'd like to admit about the final pathology report, but I am a firm believer in everything happening for a reason. If it is invasive cancer, with the wonderful support of my loved ones, I will meet that challenge. It's the not knowing for sure and not knowing what to expect that has been so difficult for me, as I'm sure you all understand. This site has answered so many of my questions already and I so appreciate all of you hystersisters and all that you've been through. God Bless!

Teri

Advertisement

Unread 07-29-2003, 03:18 PM
Surgery on 8/6...CIN III

teri

best of luck to you. yes the waiting is the worst part of all. please post when you are through your surgery and feeling up to it.
Unread 07-29-2003, 06:35 PM
Surgery on 8/6...CIN III

Teri,

I wish you all the best and will be thinking of you
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-29-2003, 07:17 PM
Surgery on 8/6...CIN III

Hi Teri...

You sound very confident and am sure you are making the right decision. Is your doctor an oncologist/gynocologist??? If not please make sure that there is on in the operating room along with your surgeon. I am sure that had it not been for my oncologist/gyno, I would not be here today to tell my story.

The actual surgery will be a breeze compared to the waiting... Yes, that is the worst part for all of us.

Get lots of needed and deserved rest and keep us up to date.

Rosalie
Unread 07-29-2003, 08:45 PM
Surgery on 8/6...CIN III

Hi Teri,

I hope all turns out well and that the path report doesn't show invasive cancer and that no further treatment is needed.

It is common practice to have frequent paps after a hyst for this condition. They are technically called "vault smears" and they are done to rule out any abnormalities on the vaginal walls. Usually the schedule is every 3 months for 2 years, then every 6 months until the 5th year and then yearly. I agree with Rosalie about the gyn/oncologist. They deal with female cancers all the time and really are the experts.

I've got my fingers crossed for you. Come back and let us know how you are.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register