Hello! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 07-30-2003, 03:35 AM
Hello!

How are you all?
Just letting you know that I start new chemo regime next Tuesday. It's called Cyvadic. It will be made up of the following.......Cyclophasphamide, Vincristine, Doxorubicin and Dacarbazine. It's a 3 day course but I can come home every day instead of being in hospital for 4 days and nights, I am so happy about that. This regime is an old one that my oncologist is trying because it was used for phlemorcic sarcomas some years ago and was pretty successful. Of course, I am not looking forward to feeling unwell again. I have now been almost 6 weeks without chemo while this new one was being worked out and am just starting to see a few eyebrows coming back and a few GREY spikes on my head. Don't mind those dissapearing again if this one works. I do worry that the six weeks has given the tumours time to grow again as the last chemo didn't have any effect whatsoever. Can't beleive I went through that with no result!
But at least they haven't given up on me have they. That was my biggest fear remember?

Tammy......how are you doing with your grueling treatment? You realy are so brave.
Maria.........let me know how you are too.
And to everybody here fighting this thing, my love and thoughts are with you.
Steph.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-30-2003, 03:57 AM
Wishing you the best

Hi Steph

I hope this treatment will work hun. It sounds rather complicated, all that stuff in there. Hope it's finally the key.

I'm ok, finished round 5 of chemo on Monday, 2 more external radiations now and next week my first internal radiation. (I will have 3) Im still walking around like lone Sam, the old cow hand. lol

Isn't it funny how this stuff makes our bodies react? I'm eating the weirdest stuff... watermelon, bread, fish and pasta are just about all that I can handle. Interesting diet. lol

Tammy, how are you hun?
Unread 07-30-2003, 06:31 AM
Hello!

Hi Steph....

Here's hoping that this new chemo cocktail will blast away all those unwanted beastly cancer cells.
As far as I am concerned, any doctor who who would just give up on a patient is worth nothing. There are new advancements everyday in this cancer battle.

At the beginning my oncologist told me that living with ovarian cancer, which is what I had, is like living with arthritis. We may never actually find a cure but we can certainly treat it. She said to consider it a chronic disease with many different kinds of treatment options.

So let this chemo, for you, do its job.

Rosalie
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-30-2003, 02:31 PM
Hello!

s Steph

Just wanted to send some hugs your way. You will be in my thoughts and prayers that the new chemo regime does the job.
Stay strong. It sounds as though you have a great attitude.

karenann
Unread 07-30-2003, 03:48 PM
Hello!

Dear Steph,

I'm so sorry that you're gearing up for another round of chemo, but I hope that this combination has what it takes to blast those cells into oblivion!

Don't let anyone give up on you. It's simply not allowed.

Even though the last chemo didn't have much of an effect, maybe it confused your tumors enough that they didn't have the strength to grow during that six-week break. Will they do another CT scan before you start this new regime?

We're all thinking of you, and I know you can be strong through this next round of chemo. I know it will work for you!

Maria -- Watermelon is the best during chemo! It's one of the only raw foods I've eaten -- either in fruit or juice form. One of the Traditional Chinese Medicine books that Jochan recommended to me says that watermelon and pears and very good foods to eat when you have cancer or are going through chemo. So I've been eating both (canned pears, though).

And Tammy -- I'm also thinking about you and hope you are well! I hope the chemo is kicking in and that the bloodroot is having a positive impact!

s!
Unread 07-30-2003, 08:46 PM
Hello!

I'm okay so far. Still in some pain, but taking my pain meds religiously. I see my Dr tomorrow. My 10th round of chemo is next Wed.

I see no improvement with this taxotere, but my nurse said it takes at least two dosages.

Steph, I hope this treatment works for you. I know what you mean about having to go through this with no results at all. This is the fourth different kind of chemo drugs, and still no effect. Hopefully this bloodroot will work better than the chemo drugs have been doing. I'm on week three of this bloodroot, and just started taking it everyday. Next week, will be up to a half capsule every day, right now it is only still 1/4 a capsule everyday.

I'm hoping it will do the trick.

's and ers to everyone...
Unread 07-31-2003, 07:33 AM
Hello!

I do hope that this one works. I will be praying for you.
Unread 07-31-2003, 09:38 AM
Hi.

Thank you all for your support. I shall go for my chemo on Tuesday thinking about all you lovely people and with a smile on my face. You are all so brave facing this cancer thing. It's no fun is it but we just have to get on with it I suppose and make the best of the GOOD days.
Keep smiling.
Love,
Steph.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register