How did I do this???? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > The Road Less Traveled

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

How did I do this???? How did I do this????

Unread 08-01-2003, 10:08 AM
How did I do this????

Well, I missed my Uro appointment! I scheduled it about 5 weeks in advance....just because that was the first available appointment.....I put it on the calendar right away and kept thinking about the appointment throughout the whole month of July. I knew the appointment was on the 30th, which was Wednesday, but in my mind, I was thinking it was on Thursday. Yesterday, about a half hour before I was going to leave, I got on the computer and saw the date on the top of the screen and that's when it hit. I raced upstairs to check the calendar, and yes my appointment was the day before and I missed it!!!! I called immediately and told them what happened, so they rescheduled, but not until Sept. 9th!!!!!

I never do these things! I can't believe I did this! This was an important appointment. We were supposed to schedule a bladder distention in the OR and I was hoping to talk to the doctor about getting off one or two of my meds. Now I have to wait even longer. Good news is, I will have gone through my acid reflux surgery by then and will be on my way to recovery as far as that is concerned, so in a way, it's kind of nice to be taking care of one thing at a time....it's too overwhelming for me to be seeing the Uro, and my Gyn, and the surgeon all at once. I'd rather take it one thing at a time. But still! I'm mad at myself for spacing out like this and now I have to wait again for my appointment!

Just needed to vent
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-01-2003, 10:45 AM
How did I do this????

Ooooh, been there, done that -- and recently as well. Had an appointment with my neurosurgeon for my herniated discs at which we were to discuss a new MRI and a letter that I could send to the IRS stating that I was working as much as possible under the circumstances....they're on my back because they basically want all my money .

Anyway, I also had an appointment with my GYN for the same day, as they were 28 miles away. I showed up for my appointment as (I thought) scheduled at 2:45 p.m., only to find out that it had been for 10:45...and the next appointment wasn't for another month.

In my case, this was two days after the Santa Monica farmers' market tragedy, and another day after my DH had gotten the word that his mother was dying in Cleveland. He'd left at 5 am that morning; painters had shown up (unannounced by my landlord) at 7 a.m., telling me that all windows had to stay closed for the day (and it was in the high 90's around here before 8 a.m.) -- and I wasn't sure that I had a baby-sitter for the day. So my excuse is that I was overwhelmed .

And, as you point out, with the stomach surgery looming, I can understand that distraction all too well! I haven't been following the forum that much lately...when is your surgery scheduled for? Hopefully soon, so you can start enjoying food again!

Audrey
Unread 08-01-2003, 10:53 AM
How did I do this????

Hi Audrey!

I'm glad I'm not alone Although, it sounds like you had a lot more going on to distract you.....I had been thinking about this appointment for a month, pretty much counting down the days. I still can't believe I did it! Oh well, what can I do now....besides wait again? I'm getting used to waiting

My surgery is not until Sept. 3rd. I wanted to do it right after I get done teaching at a dance workshop. My last day is the 21st, but my surgeon is on vacation then, so now I have to wait until he gets back.

You know what's kind of funny? When I typed the date of my surgery just now, I typed in the 4th instead of the third(obviously I fixed the typo).....I better have that date straight in my mind! Wouldn't it be awful to space off my surgery date???????
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-01-2003, 11:12 AM
How did I do this????

pasdechat,
I'm sorry that you missed your appointment. I think many of us have probably done that at one time or another. I know at one point I was seeing so many different docs I couldn't keep straight which one was which date. I've been known to call their offices and ask only to be told my appt was yesterday.

I really like the doctors who call you a day or two before as a reminder. Several of my current doctors do that and it is much appreciated. In fact I just got a call from my Osteo doc's office to remind me of my Monday appt and I just made the appt yesterday, but they still called.

Unread 08-01-2003, 01:02 PM
How did I do this????

Pasdechat,

Oh I am so sorry for you.... I have done this to and way to often with things for the kids at school especially....as I have 4 of them plus working it is no wonder why I get confused...and since the hyster my memory seems shot...has anyone else experienced that or is it just major overload plus 2 surgeries in 2 months (ya think???)

I am planning on having schedules in the computer and hand written in date books- one for me and one for the kids...I hope this helps me stay on top of things... I still though have not figured out how to be 2 places at once!!!! Anyone have any idea how to do this yet???
Unread 08-01-2003, 05:08 PM
How did I do this????

I wanted to chime in here saying, "been there, done that." I think we JUST have so much on our minds.

Sorry you missed the appointment. I know it was very important to you.

s

Renee
Unread 08-01-2003, 05:41 PM
How did I do this????

Wow,

Waiting is the hardest part. I became used to keeping track of appt's & such when my mil lived with us. I kept a big calender by the telephone & became used to jotting everything down & looking at it everyday. It has proved useful since I became ill. I now keep everything in a daily planner but make sure I look at it every morning. I use it as a diary & it has helped numerous times when I have had dr appts. After this last surgery the stoma nurse was explaining why I needed to keep good records but laughed enough said when I showed her my system.

Good Luck,
Terry
Unread 08-01-2003, 05:51 PM
How did I do this????

((((((Pasdechat))))))

I can understand about your plate being full , but the hot weather we had this week can drain the mind! Go easy on yourself, sometime's it's best to forget! think of it this way, your brain is saying "back off". Thing's will work out, and if your memory get's worse I have an empty room in our Memory Care Unit, I'll take care of you

Take Care
's

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register