Finally going to do it..... | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Finally going to do it..... Finally going to do it.....

Unread 08-01-2003, 10:44 AM
Finally going to do it.....

Hi All,
I've been lurking around for a couple of weeks and after reading so much informative information I've decided to go ahead with the hysterectomy. I have an appointment Monday to discuss surgery details with my doctor. I have 3 large tumors and my uterus is the size of an 11 week old pregnancy. I have been bleeding non stop since June 25th and I figure if I don't do something soon I will bleed to death . My doctor has given me deprovera and motrin to take every 4 hours for bleeding. It hasn't stopped anything. Well let's just say that the flow isn't as heavy as it was, but I'm still definitely bleeding. Oh, and my goodness, every hour it seems as though I have to pee. My back hurts and I have constant cramps. I've had them so long that I just continue on with life and don't let it stop me. I have been excersing everyday and eating well.

I just figure it's time to do it. That is no way to live my life. I've been putting if off for quite a bit of time because I was scared and it will be a financial burden. I have disability insurance but it doesn't cover much. I can honestly say that I am ready. I haven't let this get me down, but I am concerned about the scar. I had gall bladder surgery years ago and it left a keloid.

My doctor told me that she doesn't know whether she'll do the horizontal or vertical cut. I'm hoping on the horizontal because I'd sure like to wear a bikini next year. But from what I've been reading it will more than likely be the vertical because my tumors are so large. Well I just wanted to check in and introduce myself and say that I am glad that I found this site.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-01-2003, 10:50 AM

(((((((((Rhaeny))))))))),

Welcome to Hystersisters !!!!!!!!

I hope that you will spend this time reading all you can here to be informed. Knowledge is power !!!!

Feel free to post any ?s that you have.

If your gut has told you it's time for a hyst , then it probably is hon. We all have to make the decision and when your quality of life gets so low, then you know it's time.

You may want to check out the pre op and post op hints/articles . Their links are on the home page on the left. The pre-op hints has a great list of ?s for your Dr. You can print them off if you want.

Best wishes,

Pamcat
Unread 08-01-2003, 11:05 AM

rhaeny

I just wanted to say welcome. This site has been a blessing for me and I hope it is for you as well.

Donna
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-01-2003, 12:33 PM
depo provera??

Rhaeny,

hi, welcome!

I haven't been around for too long either. I just wanted to ask -- is it depo provera that you are on? if so, I was on that for a few months prior to my surgeries and sorry to say it made me dizzy and I bled 3 out of 4 weeks! My Mom and I also have friends that have had the same problem with bleeding. I would ask your pharmacy for a info sheet on your meds, or type the name into a web search. Also, this one that I was on was designed as a quarterly birth control shot, but it was given to me ONCE A MONTH! I also had a vertical cut that was atleast 13" long. I had a incision in the same place for my endo surgery as well. Surprisingly, I healed very quickly both times. If your abs are strong, you should be okay to move around after surgery, and the incision may not even bother you come time for bikini season next year because it will fade considerably. Hope this helps a little!

hugs and well wishes!
Unread 08-01-2003, 04:41 PM
Re: depo provera??

Quote:
Originally posted by luvlypoet
Rhaeny,

hi, welcome!

I haven't been around for too long either. I just wanted to ask -- is it depo provera that you are on? if so, I was on that for a few months prior to my surgeries and sorry to say it made me dizzy and I bled 3 out of 4 weeks! My Mom and I also have friends that have had the same problem with bleeding. I would ask your pharmacy for a info sheet on your meds, or type the name into a web search. Also, this one that I was on was designed as a quarterly birth control shot, but it was given to me ONCE A MONTH!
Yes it is depo prevera. Mine is administered every 12 weeks or so, but it hasn't stopped the bleeding at all. It has lightened the bleeding and it hasn't made me dizzy or anything like that. The reason she gave it to me was to stop the heavy flow during my regular cycle. It was so bad that I couldn't find anything on the market to keep myself from looking like a crime scene. The depo stopped it for about 6 weeks and then the onslaught of never ending bleeding occured. When I called the doctors office they told me that a lot of women respond like that.

My question is how long can a woman bleed like this and it not cause some type of effect on her? I mean I have been bleeding for at least 6 weeks non stop. Something has to give because Tampax is making a killing off of me!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register