Good News from my Dr. | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Good News from my Dr. Good News from my Dr.

Unread 08-01-2003, 05:05 PM
Good News from my Dr.

My tumor has shrunk again. Not a significant amount but some shrinkage is better than nothing, or growing.

I am on my third week of my bloodroot regime. One more week, and I will be on a full daily dosage. I really think this has helped me more than anything. I just know it has.

Anyway, I am getting in more fruits and vegetables in. Yay for sirensong and her gentle persuasions. I will get there. Now for the exercising. I HATE exercising. It seems all I can do is sleep from all of the pain meds I'm on, but I dusted off my nordic track and will start working on that for at least 20 minutes a day to start. (I will have to start thinking about sirensong kicking my butt if I don't haha)

I know that will help.

My doctor wants me to give the patch another try. I told him that the woman in the bed next to me during that other chemo hexed me with the news that the patch made her nauseated, and now I get sick with it.

So, he stood up on one leg, put his hands in the air like a bird and de-hexed me. He said that should work, and to start the patch again. He is soo funny. He looked sooo silly too. This older man doing the de-hexing for me.

Anyway, so I put it on last night, and so far so good. It hasn't really "kicked" in yet, so I'm still taking my other pain meds, it takes at least 18 hours to get fully in effect.

I guess this is enough blabbing for now, just wanted you all to know, I'm doing better emotionally, and I have really been thinking, and I'm now starting small, but starting to change my lifestyle. It is very hard, but I've got to do it!!

's and ers to everyone.....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-01-2003, 05:56 PM
Good News from my Dr.

That is the best news! You seem to know your body really well. I am thrilled that this chemo is finally working.
Unread 08-01-2003, 06:20 PM
Good News from my Dr.

Congrats Tammy,,,

We love hearing good news like that. Keep those spirits up high and those lousy cancer cells will fear you!!!!

Rosalie
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-01-2003, 06:21 PM
Good News from my Dr.

Tammy- I'm so glad your tumor is shrinking. That "de hexing" doctor of yours if really funny. A sense of humor always helps.
Good Luck with your exercize program. Exercize is always hard for me too.

Ruth S
Unread 08-01-2003, 08:38 PM
Good News from my Dr.

s Tammy

I am so glad you heard some good news!!!!
You truly deserve it.

karenann
Unread 08-01-2003, 08:55 PM
YIPEE!!

Tammy
I am so happy to read your wonderful news!!
I can just see Dr. M doing the de-hexing for you!! He is such a great doc and from what I hear a wonderful man in general....lots of good deeds!!
Have fun with your new exercise routine.....I need to get going on mine, too.....Chris
Unread 08-02-2003, 04:38 AM
Well Done.

So glad for you Tammy. Keep up that lovely attitude.
Showing my ignorance here........what is de-hexing?
Love,
Steph.
Unread 08-02-2003, 05:48 AM
Steph,

My dr did a "de-hexing" because I told him that the lady next to me hexed me. She was throwing up after using her pain patch, I on the other hand never had any problems with my pain patch until she told me she was throwing up. Then within the next day, I started throwing up, so I took my pain patch off, and I stopped. So when he asked me if I was using the pain patch, I told him no, cause the lady had hexed me. So he de-hexed me, so I would start using the pain patch.

He is a funny funny man.

's and ers to you...
Unread 08-02-2003, 06:12 AM
Way To Go, Tammy!!

Hi Tammy--

I was very happy to hear the wonderful news that your tumor is shrinking! I too have a gyn-onc with a great sense of humor. For me, it is almost as important as technical competence. I have so many funny stories of interactions between myself and my gyn-onc over the past four years that I could fill a book with them.

Here's wishing rapid and continued shrinkage!!

MoeKay
Unread 08-02-2003, 10:17 PM
Good News from my Dr.

Hi Tammy,
I was really excited to here the good news that your tumor is shrinking that's fantastic. I to like you need to start excerising and eating healthy as i never have been a fruit and vegetable person. I am more into McDonalds, fish and chips, pasters and stuff like that.... May be that is all part of my current health problem. Hummmmmm I must find a fun way to eat more fruit and vegetables . If you find any good recipies please feel free to share them ...... Any way better go and put my washing out ..... Once again congratulation on the shinkedge...
Bunny_Rabbit

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register