Good News from my Dr. - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Good News from my Dr. Good News from my Dr.

Unread 08-03-2003, 07:40 AM
Good News from my Dr.

((((((Tammy)))))

I am so glad that you have some good news!!!! That de-hexing is funny.

I will continue to pray that you will have complete healing.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-03-2003, 08:11 AM
Go Tammy!

Great news for you!! Let the shrinking and disappearing keep coming. Good luck to you and your lifestyle changes. My treadmill is going to be in use much more too. Here's to a heathier way of life and what sounds to be a good doctor, too.
Unread 08-03-2003, 07:26 PM
so happy to hear

your good news !!! Will continue to keep you in good thought and prayer........... i started back to my gym a few weeks ago after almost 9 months off. and it is sooooo hard. But i know the best thing for me is to continue to try and do the best i can and work slowly up to my previous level of fitness. Most days i feel great that I have worked out....walking on the treadmill plus a bit of weight training.....but usually come Thurs I'm whipped.

Keep on keeping on , Tammy. Again Congrats on your good news !!!!
Hugs and Best wishes
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-03-2003, 07:34 PM
Good News from my Dr.

Yipee...so glad your tumor is shrinking!!!! That is wonderful news. I hope the new patch manages your pain without any bad side effects.

s
Unread 08-03-2003, 10:17 PM
Great news!!

Dear Tammy,
I am so happy for you! Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers.
Lifestyle changes can be hard sometimes, but well worth it. Keep it up and it may become second nature! We are all cheering you on! I am so glad you got good news!
's!
Rhonda
Radical hysterectomy, June 2002, cervical cancer,1b
Unread 08-04-2003, 03:46 AM
Good News from my Dr.

Tammy,

That is fantastic news. I am so glad that nasty tumor is shrinking!
Unread 08-04-2003, 04:48 PM
Good News from my Dr.

Hi Tammy

I just stopped by to see your latest update. This is great news about your tumor shrinking! Hooray!

I love the story about your doctor de-hexing you. He sounds like a really great guy. I'm so glad that you can kid around with him - it must make it so much easier for you.

Get going on the exercise and better eating habits. They say it takes 21 days for something to become a habit, so don't let yourself stop before you reach that point. Sending positive energy your way.

Beth
Unread 08-05-2003, 08:06 PM
Good News from my Dr.

Dear Tammy,

Your note brought tears to my eyes. So often I feel like I'm nagging . . . but I really think lifestyle changes help. I know that the effort you are making will help the chemo beat that tumor into oblivion! I am so happy to hear that it is shrinking!

As Beth said, it does take a while for something to become habit. As I've changed my eating, it's become easier. I am dying for a doughnut right now, but instead, I heated up some peas and lima beans, and had those instead. (Of course, I still want a doughnut.) :-)

I think it's important to note that I have not started any of these lifestyle changes from a "healthy" mode of eating. I have along been a wine collector, and one of my favorite "lazy" dinners is a nice plate of cheese and salami with a good bottle of red wine. Candy or ice cream? That's a fine dinner, too! So I want you to know that this has not been easy for me. Though I have a base of knowledge from my parents, I have long ignored it. I cannot afford to do so anymore. And to that end, I sold my 45-bottle dark wood wine rack just yesterday.

Truth be told, I haven't been able to do half the things I want to do, mostly because my doctors have been all, "Don't take vitamins! Don't eat raw food!" So . . . my Phase II action plan will soon kick into gear.

I am so glad to hear that the bloodroot is working for you. To that, maybe you can add Essiac tea (it tastes fine!) and maitake mushroom with D-fraction, which both have a strong history of helping to minimize tumors and/or keep cancer at bay. Not everything works for everybody, but you have to try.

Though I've eaten a lot of protein throughout chemo, I think I'm going to go the mostly vegan route, though I will still eat fish. I'm sure I will break down and eat junk every now and again. But instead of sugar daily, maybe I'll have it twice a week. And instead of ice cream, maybe I'll have sorbet. There are so many little changes that I can make!

Exercise . . . is so hard. But you have to force yourself to do it. It's so important in oxygenating your system. As is raw foods, especially carrots and the like.

I know you will beat this thing, Tammy! I am so, so glad that my "gentle persuasions" are helping. We all love you, and we all want you to get through this thing, and to get rid of that pesky tumor! If you can, buy "A Cancer Battle Plan" and read it. It's really interesting, and I think it'll give you some additional ideas for supplements and things to add to your diet. You don't have to do everything the author did. But it might be helpful.

You're always in my prayers! s!
Unread 08-07-2003, 10:46 AM
Re: Exercise and Iron

I have always found that exercise begets more energy. Before my current medical history, if I felt tired, I walked a couple of miles, and came back feeling much better. Both in body and soul.

I would like to say something about eating meat. It is now back in my diet - usually slices of deli meat. For a long time - 5 years, I did not eat it, as, quite frankly, I did not like the way that animals were raised. (I was not a vegetarian, by the way).

However, it is a rich source of iron - the best source as far as I can determine. There are 2 types of iron 1) heme or hemo and 2) non-heme or non-hemo. The first type - the type that is more easily absorbed can only come from meat, fish, and poultry. No, I'm not talking about 10 ounce steaks here, but, for me, I need that iron. Iron deficiency, by the way, seems to be the #1 nutritional deficiency worldwide. If you do not have enough red blood cells, less oxygen to body = less energy.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register