trying to make a decision!!!!!!!!!! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Options and Alternatives

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

trying to make a decision!!!!!!!!!! trying to make a decision!!!!!!!!!!

Unread 08-02-2003, 08:54 PM
trying to make a decision!!!!!!!!!!

My Dr. just informed me that my l. ovary was pretty scarred and a cyst is causing my severe pain. I lost my r. ovary and tube two years ago when a cyst abcessed, I've had several cysts which has caused all the scarring, he wants me to have a hyst. I want to know how crazy my hormones will get to warn my husband who has always bragged to all the guys about how lucky he was that he married a woman who doesn't have PMS. Is he in for a rude awakening? I'm 37 and confused about the whole process.
Thanks,
I'mconfused
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-02-2003, 09:28 PM

I'mconfused

Sweetie there is no way to know what your hormones are going to be like. Are you planning on going on HRT after the hyst? I would just tell your DH that it is a guessing game at this point as to what to expect. Some women don't notice any change some notice a big change. I would not stress to much about that part of all this right now. Sorry I wasn't much help on the subject.

Donna
Unread 08-03-2003, 12:07 PM

Dear I'mconfused,

Welcome to Hyster Sisters!! I'm sorry that you have been in such pain, but am very glad that you found us and posted to introduce yourself.

I would like to urge you to get at least one more opinion, if not 2 or 3. I am wondering why your doctor has recommended a hysterectomy (the removal of your uterus) also, instead of only removing the ovary and tube which are causing the problems right now? A hysterectomy is major surgery, and shouldn't be done unless all other options have failed.

You might want to read some of the articles in The Hormone Jungle which may help answer some of your questions about how you will feel afterward.

Please keep on reading, researching and posting any questions you may have. We'll do our best to help.

's
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-03-2003, 04:57 PM

Hi Imconfused

((Karen)) has given you some great advice about getting a second opinion regarding having your uterus removed. I understand the problem with your remaining ovary, but why remove your uterus if it is healthy?

As for what you can expect without ovaries, this will depend on whether or not you decide to take hormone replacement therapy post op. And then, many ladies find that it takes awhile to find just the right dose/combination so that they feel really good. There are ladies who do just great from day one too ... and I hope you'll be in that group!

Fill us in on whatever other information you have about why your gyn is recommending that your uterus be removed too. Sending hugs your way.

Beth

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register