Scared.....follow up with uro tomorrow morning....... | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > The Road Less Traveled

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Scared.....follow up with uro tomorrow morning....... Scared.....follow up with uro tomorrow morning.......

Unread 08-04-2003, 05:20 PM
Scared.....follow up with uro tomorrow morning.......

Hi girls, I"ve been sitting here all day scared out of my wits and then thought, why aren't you talking to your sisters about this you silly ninny.....so here I am!

Tomorrow morning I go back to the uro to get my results from my cystoscopy and cystourethrogram.....and to discuss how/if we're going to repair these prolapsed small bowel and bladder......part of me is terrified she'll say "oh it's not that bad, I think you should just live with it till it gets worse" and the other part of me is afraid of what she'll do to fix it.... She did say at the last appt that we would do these tests to see best how to repair the problem and that there was no other way to fix it then surgically.....

this may sound slightly nutbar to some of you who haven't been with me the whole way down this road but I had a gyn and she had a partner who was very fond of telling me she was going to do one thing and then not make any notes and then completely forget and deny she ever said it......took me 8mths to get back in with another doc to fix that problem the last time!
So I'm a wee bit gunshy to say the least that this doc will do the same.

anyways, there's my woes......I'll of course let you all know what happens tomorrow, I just really needed someone to chat with......please god don't let her leave me like this the whole weekend I've felt like I'm carrying a little package in there!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-04-2003, 05:32 PM
Hi Gidge........

Lots of's for you girl! I've got my fingers crossed that things will go your way and your hear all the things that you would like to hear.

Goodluck, I hope THIS DR has been crossing her P's and Q's and making notes on all of ya'lls discussions. Keep your chin up. The waiting is awful and I know how it feels to want to know and NOT want to know all at the same time.

I'll be thinking of you and looking for you update tomorrow.
Goodluck and
Dawn
Unread 08-04-2003, 05:33 PM

{{{Gidge}}}
I know how you feel my friend. It's a catch22 and the waiting and wondering about what the doc is going to say is nerve wracking to say the least. Been there many many times. I'll be thinking of you and saying lots of ers that the doctor is going to help you find a solution. I'm sending lots of s I'll be waiting anxiously to hear what the doc has to say.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-04-2003, 05:35 PM

Hi Gidge!!

I have not been on in a while an low and behold, there you are!! I am so sorry that you are still battling to get it all fixed.. I know the feeling as you well know..

Waiting for the test results is the hardest part besides waiting for surgery.. I hope she can get you on the road to recovery and will write what she says she is going to do for you!!!
I will be praying that she wont make you wait to have it all taken care of.

Please take care and keep us posted sweetie!!

Unread 08-04-2003, 05:36 PM

thanks for being there girls! I don't think I"ve been this anxious since before my hyst.....I guess I just don't want to stay this way and am scared I will have to!

's!!
Unread 08-04-2003, 05:45 PM
Oh Honey........

me again. I know how you feel. I have been in severe pain ever since a hernia surgery that I had in December of lst year. I KNOW it is the hernia mesh that's the problem, I FEEL it poking me in the groing. BUT I can't get a single Dr to listen to me OR do ANYTHING about it!! I feel like I have been Dr shopping and NO ONE will do anything, they all suggest pain management, which is fine for pain that can't be resolved but it seems to me like SOME ONE could do something about this mesh ramming into my groin and causes so much pain. I have another appt. tomorrow with another Dr for a consult and am looking forward to more disappoinment but I just CAN'T bring myself to surrender to this.

Sorry for venting on your post but I do understand your fear of worrying about your DR making you continue to live like this. I'll be praying for you!
Dawn
Unread 08-05-2003, 10:16 AM

((((Gidge))))) Just wanted to send more s your way. Everything you've told us about your uro points to the fact that she's good, caring and thourough, therefore, it's unlikely that she'll forget the course of action she's planned.

Whatever happens, we're here for you, as always
Unread 08-05-2003, 01:36 PM

well just shoot me now

the tests were only able to demonstrate Grade One Cystocele...which she says isn't bad enough to fix (so I reminded her that it goes down and comes back up and it wasn't down on those days).....she does feel that my small bowel is also prolapsing but has not test to show this, so until it falls right down (whatever it is) and I rush over to her office for her to identify said organ she can't do surgery on it, apparently they can't just go in there and look around and see what's falling??

was able to demonstrate stress incontinence during my cystoscopy so she said she can fix that with surgery but would rather fix prolapse at same time once we identify it......so I asked about 3 more times if there wasn't a test that could show the bowel and she said that there is a test where they fill you with barium and have you expel it while they take pictures that might show it but she would rather have it occur naturally if possible and get a look at it.....gosh by the time I get over to her office (if it's a day when she's there) it could be back up where it belongs

she did say my intersitital cystitis is still bad and that she agrees with that diagnosis and that I'm basically doing everything I can for it at the moment.

so.....we are going to wait and see if it will fall for 3-4wks and if it doesn't I'm supposed to call, make an appt and come in and we'll talk about the test, fixing the stress incontinence (she never did say HOW) I told her most of the time it's like halfway down and then there's the "sitting on something" feeling and she said that's likely bowel as bladder is a straight down feeling and this comes from the left.... I mean couldn't she have just examined me and felt for it? She said there could be vaginal vault prolapse as well as bowel but didn't check that either......I don't know if she's being purposely uncooperative or this is just how they work, I do know I"d like a good cry but I"m at work
Unread 08-05-2003, 03:22 PM

{{{Gidge}}}
I'm sorry the appointment wasn't what you were hoping for. Doctors sometimes can be hard ones to figure out. They tell you something on one visit and the next it's totally different. Been there many times sweetie.

I don't know enough about prolapses and Cystoceles to help with any info. But I'm sending lots of s and I'm still ing that we can find some answers and a helpful insightful doctor! Actually, I guess the answers will come with the helpful, insightful doc.
Unread 08-05-2003, 04:11 PM

Did your doctor examine you laying down or standing up? The prolapses are not always visable (and at their worst) when laying down.

Wishing you good health,
Kajsa

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register