Scared.....follow up with uro tomorrow morning....... - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > The Road Less Traveled

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Scared.....follow up with uro tomorrow morning....... Scared.....follow up with uro tomorrow morning.......

Unread 08-05-2003, 04:12 PM
Scared.....follow up with uro tomorrow morning.......

thanks Kim

I'm just beside myself here, I can't figure out how in one appt you can just say "yes you have 2 prolapses, small bowel and bladder" and in the next appt say that you only have one that isn't bad enough to fix and the other one, well you'll have to prove that one to me basically!

if I hadn't asked when I should follow up should it fail to drop in the next while I would've been left hanging indefinitely....like I care to stay this way one day longer then necessary....she was so nice in my last appt :cry:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-05-2003, 04:13 PM

(((((Gidge)))))

I feel so bad for you- I wish I could make it all better as we all do..the Dr sounded a little confused herself... do we have to taperecord appts??? Maybe can you see another DR- just a thought in the meantime...they are all so overloaded I think sometimes they can't remember one moment from the next!!!

I am hoping for some relief as I have not had experience with these issues and I know you don't want to have any more surgery than is needed...so getting it all done at once would be the best..hoping you feel better and go home and have a good cry- I do my best crying at home and also while I am driving...

Big s sister
Unread 08-05-2003, 04:14 PM

she examined me at the last appt not this one.....and she did it lying down, but said that she could feel both things at that appt......?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-05-2003, 04:17 PM

thanks Karen

Well it's not like I want more surgery period but she already told me in my last appt that I had two prolapses and that the only way to fix them was with surgery.....so I was prepared.....I wish we could tape record our appts but I think she'd freak if I asked she is already acting mighty strange!

I just want to know this darn thing is never going to fall out again and I'm going to stop leaking......I"m going to talk to my GP tomorrow night and get his take on it all.....maybe what she is saying is true, if she doesn't see it then maybe she can't fix it I don't know......but I told her at the last appt it comes and goes and she said that it can do that.....this appt she said generally the bladder doesn't do that but that the small bowel can ?????
Unread 08-05-2003, 04:27 PM

Gidge,
I have had many doctors tell me one thing at one appt and than do a total about face at the next. The uro gyn I saw told me at the first appt after doing a test that I had a very small uretha and that I would probably need a procedure (not surgery, but office procedure) to dialate it. This did not surprise me as I had a similiar thing done about 12 years ago. After doing the bladder diary, than having another test, this fact was conviently forgotten and not another word said. Oh yeah, and he also told me after the first test that I had alot of inflammation in my bladder, but again nothing said on follow up.

I really do know how you feel Gidge. I also had the same experience recently with my neurologist. You would think after awhile you would get used to it. But it is never easy. You get your hopes up and the fall each time seems to be harder.

I'm sending big s your way. You are not alone sweetie.
Unread 08-05-2003, 04:35 PM

thanks Kim

I just don't understand it all I really don't....maybe there is criteria that needs to be met, well ya know what in that case I probably wouldn't have mentioned it to me in the first appt

all I know is I have this stupid thing that keeps poppin into my vagina.....and I have alot of pressure and I feel like I'm wearing a tampon sideways most of the time....not to mention the ******* leaking.....I really felt like she was saying today that she didn't believe me or something....she said well how about doing kegals for the incontinence....and I told her I"ve been doing them religiously since the hyst.....she told me in the last appt that kegels are useless in most cases once there is prolapse

sorry for rambling girls, I just cant' remember the last time I felt this frustrated, thanks for being there it means the world today
Unread 08-05-2003, 04:38 PM

((((Gidge))))

Good idea with GP- get his/her thoughts and then go from there...it does seem strange though- URO acting so weird...maybe she has her period!!!! Keep us posted and am thinking about you!!!
Unread 08-05-2003, 04:45 PM

thanks for the much needed giggle Karen

what I can't figure out is her saying that I could have small bowel prolapse or vaginal vault prolapse, then saying there was no test to prove it, but not examining me vaginally at all......who is going to figure it out then? Should i see a Gyn? Why wouldn't she recommend that then? I specifically asked her if it was any of those could she fix it and she said yes that she could fix it all and that when she worked in the US she did hysts as well but that in Canada URo's don't do that......

so who should I ask to see now and will that tick her off ?

almost time for me to go home and put my feet up.....thank god, that's the thing this thing pops out way more after office hours and on weekends how will she ever catch it, what do I do go to the ER and have them take a *******' picture? .....there I made myself laugh that helps a wee bit.
Unread 08-05-2003, 05:39 PM

Gidge

Glad you got a good laugh- sometimes that is all I can do to keep going.... I definately would not worry for 1 second about ticking her off- she should welcome you seeking another Dr/treatment- so maybe ask around or travel to another city if you can...

I really think you should run to ER and get that picture ...you know the old saying "a picture is worth a thousand prolapses" ....try and rest and keep us posted!!!
Unread 08-05-2003, 05:56 PM

((((((Gidge))))))))

I go away for a day or two and look what I miss out on!!!

I am so very sorry that you are going through all of this. Maybe next time you take a notebook to the doc and write down everything she says - in front of her. Then next time you go in, bring the notebook back out - before she can say a word - and go over what was said at the previous appointment. Make the notebook some sort of bright color or picture so she'll be sure to remember it when you bring it back out! That might help restore her memory!

I'm praying that you soon have an action plan. Take care of yourself and keep smiling! It is sometimes the only thing that keeps us sane!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register