achy joints - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > The Road Less Traveled

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 08-09-2003, 12:31 PM
achy joints

Thanks (((((Dany)))))

My Mom is is great shape phsically to...no aches and pains and no hyster either ....so I just deal with it...feel OK now with meds kicked in, but chiro did not call back so have to wait for Monday to see her...hope your wrist is better....talk to you soon ....now we can start a new group "The Sciaticsisters"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-27-2003, 10:29 AM
achy joints

Hey ladies,
can i join the club too? I had my Tah/bso the first of may and about 2 months after began having such pain in my feet that i thought maybe i'd broken something. I hadn't, and it's spread to both feet, elbows, wrists and an all over muscle pain that goes right to the bone. I have my sciatic nerve killing me, too, so i'm feeling horribly old and starting to regret my decision to have had my surgery Not only do i have the aches and pains, i have vaginal atrophy that's KILLING me, can't sleep, can't concentrate and don't even MENTION sex to me *sighs* This is so not me, i'm wishing i'd just poof away.

I felt so good right after my surgery, i thought i was going to have a whole new life again, and feel like me, no more bleeding and anemia and all that crud. Now, i can't even manage to walk across the floor on some days without wincing. (anyone here watch the ozbournes? i swear, i move like ozzy does sometimes).
I'm taking estrace (just upped to 2mg daily from 1mg) and using a progesterone cream once a day (the Arbonne Phyto Prolief). My doctor first said that my hurting feet were cause hrt causes fluid retention but now he doesn't think that's it.
Anyway, please let me join the group, i have really felt totally alienated from everyone these days (course, it could be they're avoiding me cause i tend to have NO patience *groans*)
becki
Unread 09-27-2003, 12:59 PM
achy joints

Hello Sisters,

I have been having the same problems in the am in my feet and my hands are swollen and hurt. These symptons started the summer of 2000 after I had a double bunionectomy.

I noticed when I went on vacation this year, once with my son and then hubby, I didn't have these problems. I'm wondering if these aches and pains are being flamed by our matteress at home?

I will be checking in with the Gyno next month and will discuss this with him.

In the mean time we are getting rid of our foam water bed matteress of 10 years and replacing it with a Select Comfort Air Bed. It will be so nice to have a new matteress, just seems to me that this will help something!

We do not have a dealer localy, QVC sells this type of bed, so I went and looked up the name of the air bed and checked the beds out at their site. We are getting just the matteress for it will work on our base. Dual controls so each person can set their side of the bed.

Wanted to share would share.......

Good luck,

Judy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-27-2003, 01:33 PM
achy joints

Hi
Okay I had my hyst 3 months ago, I have been on advil for about two weeks on and off. My leg aches at night my foot hurts, when I get up from bending down I can feel all my muscles.

No HRT for me per doc. due to medical history. I think I'm starting to see the light, is it going to get this way? Is this anothe sign of hormones being off kilter. the hot flashes and dryness are enough, now this.

So glad this site is available. Keep in touch ladies
Unread 09-27-2003, 11:14 PM
joint aches

Same here as y'all--beacoup aches in feet and wrist shortly
after surgery. None now, though. Think it's progesterone
cream that helped. Occasionally use a tiny dose of estrogen,
but use progesterone every day. Hope this helps.
Leigh
Unread 09-28-2003, 03:07 AM
achy joints

Hi Everyone

Can I join this club too?

Reading about all your girls aches and pains make mine feel a little less lonely. I can't blame my hyst either. I was post menopause before then and started having all my joint/muscle problems around or just before menopause. I'm absolutely convinced it's hormonal as I was okay before that. Then again, maybe it's encroaching old age (I'm 54) but I DON'T FEEL OLD (well, most of the time I don't, except first thing in the morning when I'm that 90 year old woman everyone's talking about). I look at my 64 year old husband leaping about like a young buck and I'm so jealous!!! The man's 10 years older than me for heavens sake and has no joint problems whatsoever!!!

Bonni - Wish I could offer some helpful advice but I can't. At least you know you're not alone on this. Hope the HRT kicks in and helps you out. I can't take HRT myself so that's not an option for me.

s to all.
Unread 09-28-2003, 05:00 AM
achy joints

Judy,
we have a bed very similar to the one you're talking about, it's WONDERFUL!! I can't imagine what i'd feel like in the morning without it. It's got the most wonderful pillowtopper on it (it zips off and i can take it outside and hang it on the clothesline or send it to the cleaners if i wanted to), then has 3 inches of the visco foam, then has dual control air beds. Like you, we only bought the top, my hubby made a wooden "box frame" for it to set on and it's great. Hope you love yours as much as we do ours.

I honestly think it's mixed hormones that make me ache. Prior to surgery, i was estrogen dominate with low progesterone. Now, neither register when tested, hence the increase in the estrace.
I'm going to make sure i eat all the foods high in estrogeny things too, though, like soy products and seafood (yes, i know there's lots more, but i'd have to look them up). Kar1, do try the progesterone cream, if nothing more, it helps wonderfully with other symptoms *HUG*

ON a more positive nots,......LOVE YOU GUYS!!!! Since i came back to this site, i've cried and mused and kicked around lots of ideas, but the best thing is to not be alone, not be going crazy. I'm going to get on the treadmill today and walk, nothing fast, but i feel sure it's going to help me "limber" up!!
Sisters, i'd give each of you a fix, if i could, know that my thoughts and support are with you as we stand together....oh, ok, maybe we should all sit together...or better yet....lie down on the new mattress that judy's getting!
Unread 09-28-2003, 07:11 AM
achy joints

HI Ladies

Oh I wish noone else would feel as bad as me...I actually was doing great thru the summer and now my achy feet and swollen hands are back again...I am on my feet alot as I run around at work, but I thought maybe my system had finally adjusted to the hyster...NOT... I guess...

I have to go back to the DR, but am so tired of all this..just want to feel somewhat normal again...not even all the way would be good...I will pray for us all and glad we all can come and vent and feel better!!!

s to all and keep in touch
Unread 09-29-2003, 09:59 PM
Hi ladies,

I see there are more ladies like myself here after all. I replied early on about this joint ache delimma. I find it very curious that this all started up after surgery. I did have some very slight aching before surgery, but nothing so persistent and painful like this. I have been on the highest estrogen patch and it seems to fill my needs , but it doesn't seem to make the joint pain go away one little bit. If I go down on the estrogen the hot flashes and headache are horrible and I don't need to go up any more on it. My libido is good, maybe I should try progestrone cream for awhile to see if that is what is missing, even though dr says don't need it now there is no uterus.

I believe when we had this surgery something was taken away that the dr aren't even aware of what it was. This surgery does affect the whole body for sure.

I hope it gets better for you ladies.

s

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register