"READY TO SCREEM " Aunt Flo arrived ((HELP)) "long" | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

"READY TO SCREEM " Aunt Flo arrived ((HELP)) "long" "READY TO SCREEM " Aunt Flo arrived ((HELP)) "long"

Unread 08-04-2003, 09:17 PM
"READY TO SCREEM " Aunt Flo arrived ((HELP)) "long"

I can't take much more, Aunt Flo destroyed my weekend. I got all packed up last week, to go camping out at the lake on the patio boat Friday and Sat. and part of Sunday.
((Aunt Flo didn't show last month)) I needed to get away from everything ... I needed some fresh air...

I did have the cramps and back aches ect. But I was determined to gO and get my mind off of the surgery .... We were headed to the lake Friday afternoon, after the hubby got off work. But I woke up Friday morning and ((POW)) *punch* Aunt Flo hit me sO hard .. But I wasn't going to let her stop me from going GRrr I went anyway .... ((What a mistake that was))

It has been in the 3 didgets here for the last 3 weeks (Really Hot)
We got out to the lake and, I fished that night. Then it rained GRrr then the Sat morning, Aunt Flo must have had the kids hid...because I started hemorrhaging, and I haven't stopped yet.

We had to come back in, so I could call the Dr. I was told to go to bed, put my feet up high, to slow the bleeding down. That's where I spent my weekend. Aunt Flo is still here ((PLEASE)) come get her ..... My butt is getting so sore from laying down. My hubby wouldn't let me up all weekend to do anything.
(he is a sweetie) I shouldn't be here, but.... I told him just for a few minutes... I have a backache, cramps, headache, no appetite and I am hemorrhaging really bad...

Haveing no show of Aunt Flo last month, made me forget why I was haveing surgery .... ((NOW I REMEMBER)) I wish the 22nd would hurry and get here ... I am getting really depressed.... and I am already on antidepressants.... I am just venting ....I guess ...

I am a pretty laid back person, but I am ready to ((EXPLODE))
I am getting short with the hubby, and I don't wunna ... he is the best thing that has happened to me in a long time .. He is my BEST FRIEND ...

WHEW!!!!!! Thanxs I needed to release that ........ <Sigh>
But I am still up tight .. I was in tears last night ... The Hormone thing I guess.. I usually just get quiet for a few days .. I am LoSt and still hemorrhaging the hubby says five more minutes then back in bed .........
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-04-2003, 09:54 PM
sweetie....

I'm so sorry her visit is such a horrible one!

Aunt flo isn't our favorite 'relative', lol.

Sweetie...let your hubby help you. If you feel yourself getting hormonally upset just tell him that you love him and you are feeling sort of crazy from all of this.

It will soon be over and you'll be able to take many peaceful and painless, blood free, trips to the lake! Just think how blissful it will be to do anything you want without Aunt Flo around to ruin things! (smile)

Call your doctor too if that's something you should do (I never bled like that so I don't know what you're suppose to do about it).

hang in there hun...you'll be on the other side before long.

Rita
Unread 08-05-2003, 06:31 AM

Hi Enjoli -

I had my first post-lupron period about 2 weeks ago, and it was one of my worst ever. I the whole time, and felt like it was a personal betrayal of my body, a feeling I never could explain. I am also lucky to have a supportive man, but he truly didn't know what to do. He just let me cry a lot and told the kids (his kids) not to bug me. Let DH take care of you, he sounds very sweet. Just think that this will likely be your last visit from good ol' Aunt Flo EVER. That was the thought that got me through. After that period, I realized they could take my big toe if they promised me it would stop periods. I had no more doubts about the surgery, and why I was havng it.

Rest up, hon, and let yourself be taken care of. I know this is one area that I need help in, too. I read the pro-op tips, and it talked about being a "pampered princess." Boy did I love that!!

have a great day, and take care,
jess
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-05-2003, 09:18 AM

I am so sorry that Aunt Flo is giving you such a hard time. Take care of yourself and keep yourself hydrated and taking iron so as not to need a trip to the ER and a blood transfusion (no fun). Let your hubby pamper you and try to stay positive, hopefully this will be the last time she visits. I am so glad that She is no longer in a member of my family . Recovery is going ok a little slower then I expected but I am only 6 days Post Op. I got my sutures out today and am doing ok. Take care of yourself and keep focused on the long term relief coming from surgery.

Best wishes and a great BIG
Unread 08-05-2003, 10:30 AM
"Thanxs SisterS"

Big thanxs to all of you for careing. I made it through the night, I took my pain pill and my antidepressants and went to sleep. I woke up this morning and I am pretty sure Aunt Flo is packing her bags ... YippI ... I am still cramping and have a backache but the hemorrhaging has stopped so far. (I can deal with that) I will have to wait a few and see what happens when I start walking around .... I did tell the hubby I was sorry and I loved him, he has never seen me grouchy .. I don't usually have pms .. all that happens to me is I get really quiet for a few days... So he is blessed there I have explained to him, if I get grouchy agnore me ... because I don't mean to be. I was given premerin to take, but my other Dr. didn't tell me I was to take them for 7 days quit, then wait until the next month and start again .. so I took them for 30 days straight in a row ... My new Dr doing the surgery, was really mad at her ... Anyway I am doing better this morning .. Thanxs again!!! I wish you the best ... This should be Aunt Flo'S last visit ....

God ... I am glad we have edit on here lol.. TypO city he he ..
Unread 08-05-2003, 01:12 PM

Hi, Oh I'm so sorry Aunt Flo ruined your time of getting some rest and relaxation. You don't have to tell me how she show's up when not wanted. Everytime I'd have a vacation planned she was coming too. Every time now I have a DR's appointment she shows. Was doing fine and woke up this morning to her visit and I have my Urology appointment tomorrow. Well I'm going anyway already second opinion visit. Hope things get better for you. Understand how your dh is, mine is just like that when it comes to my health. Keeps telling me I am not to do a thing after surgery. Get some rest. STITCHER
Unread 08-05-2003, 05:52 PM

hi,
I completely understand what you are going through. I have suffered form ridiciously heavy periods and clotting for years. I have tried every hormone available to man. 3 D&C's ...... I have suffered through many embarrassing moments and have had holidays .special events, ruined because of my d*** period. I had a LAVH on JULY 22. It has only been two weeks but I feel so good aready I know I made the right decision. I think we become so moody and irritable not only for hormonal reasons, but just the fact that we cannot function like normal human beings for days out of every month is emotionally taxing. I have been brought to tears in the past few months every time I had my period because I was house bound and had had enough. I almost can't believe that this will no longer be an issue after years of planning my life around my cycle. I think the emotional freedom will be exhilarating and I am personally looking forward to a new lease on life. I can't imagine yet that I never have to worry about that again. I am excited and I hope for you that this is the right decision although I think it probably is. Just think we will be free from this burden forever! I really wish you all the best and hope all goes well for you. All the best to you.
Unread 08-05-2003, 05:55 PM

Ohh yes Aunt Flo always always always arrives at the wrong time. My most recent one came as I was ON the doc's table getting examined for what turned out to be an infected hair follicle - yes I freak at the smallest thing now. Anyway, I get my legs all up in the stirrups, and there I am in all my glory, and she looks at the bump, then says "Oh you just started bleeding." I said "WHAT???? Bleeding HOW?" She says "Umm like a period." Well, we were both surprised as I had been on lupron and hadn't expected a period before my surgery. And of course, the only thing she had in the office were those big pads that go from your belly button all the way up your bottom. And I had a thong on that day, and a rather clingy, gauzy skirt. It was quite fun, i assure you. But, it was my last one EVER, and I couldn't be more thankful!!

jess
Unread 08-05-2003, 06:50 PM
"Aunt Flo has left my house"

jessilynn68
I know how you feel .. I had to go in a few times, bleeding like a siff... Then last week I ended up in ER... God!! it's so embarrassing, I feel like my dignity has been taken away from me. I despise Aunt Flo ... I have seen the last of her
(Cross my fingers) I go in to have my TAH the 22nd scared but going.. I can't take much more
Thank you..

scs
I couldn't have said it any better then you have.. Aunt Flo started coming to my house since I was 10 years old .... I am almost 51 Aug 12th .. I don't wunna play nO more!!!!
Thank you .....

stitcher
Thank you ... yes she ruined my trip to the lake BUT .. I am going to take another trip to the lake, without her before I have my surgery If she shows up I will ((drown)) her this time ... I promiced you that .. Let's see how long she can tred [email protected]!!!LOL

Morningsglory
Thanxs for your advice sweetie .. I was in ER last week or was it the week before (short Memory) sorry .. I was ready to go in again this morning but Aunt Flo tripped he he and had to leave .. POOR sole ... I am pouring the liquids down me ..
Thanxs

fussybird
Thank you also, I am glad you have never experienced what I go through each month .. sometimes Aunt Flo sticks around the whole 30 days .... Believe me hemorrhaging is nO fun.. it took it right out of me.. I am weak, dizzy, mood swings ect.. I have been in bed since I came in Sat morning .. I am up a little right now .. but I will eat dinner and go back to bed. I have allot to do before surgery.... We all dO ...

Thanxs to all of you!!! From the bottom of my heart ....
(Did I miss anyone)?? If I did THANK YOU 2

MY D/H is ((Fantastic))
Unread 08-05-2003, 08:10 PM
Understand how you feel

Aunt Flo always shows up at the wrong time, but believe me...this time is a good thing. It happened to me just 6 days before my surgery and I was actually glad at the same time. It just confirmed my decision and I no longer had cold feet or second thoughts!

Aunt Flo just wants to make sure that we use up all of our feminine products before we become princesses!

Karen

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register