Urine in vagina | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > The Road Less Traveled

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Urine in vagina Urine in vagina

Unread 08-05-2003, 01:32 PM
Urine in vagina

I'm almost 8 months post op, and have had nothing but problems with urinating. I have had my uretha stretched twice, and now they are telling me urine is in my vagina anyone else done this?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-05-2003, 04:04 PM
Urine in vagina

(((((Chandler)))))

I am so very sorry for all your problems sweetie...who is telling you that there is urine in vag??? the URO??? Have they done any tests..you don't want to jump to any conclusions, but I would have them check you for a fistula and soon for your sake...

I have been there and back and I hope you find an answer soon..please keep me posted and I am sending a big your way.
Unread 08-05-2003, 06:24 PM
Urine in vagina

(((((((((Chandler))))))))))))

I am so sorry that you are going through this. There are so many sisters out here going through the same thing - myself included. Ok - we cannot have anymore of this!

You can do a "test" of your own to see if there is in fact urine in the vag. Put in a tampon - I know, you thought those days were over. After a while, remove it. If yellow appears, urine it is. If so, you have what is called a fistula. Do a search for "fistula" and you will find many threads regarding it.

I'm ing that your doc figures it out soon and can get back to the road of recovery!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-06-2003, 08:22 AM
Urine in vagina

I have a dr. apt. 8/7 with another gyno.that the uro.refered me to, the uro done a dye test,
he had me to urinate and then checked my vagina for urine. He sais' it's from the vh, since I didn't have this prob. before hand. Is a fistula major? how long does it take to recover?
Unread 08-06-2003, 10:34 AM
Urine in vagina

Fistulas are a crazy thing. Some can heal on their own, others require surgery. I had a fistula repair 2 weeks ago. Thankfully it was successful. There are a few of us on here who have had successful repairs, and unfortunately, others haven't been so lucky.

Let us know how your appointment goes on the 7th. I'll be keeping you in my prayers!
Unread 08-06-2003, 01:15 PM
Urine in vagina

Julie,
Very interested in this fistula repair of yours.

Looks like that is on the horizon for me. gyn didn't really hear me when I mentioned leakage, but eventually sent me for IVP. Got myself appt w/uro/gyn and looks like a hole(fistula)? This Fri, I will have bladder test to find out where it is and how they plan to repair, vaginally or abdominally.

How did you have yours done and what kind of recoup time did you look at?

School is starting soon and I am not large on time if I go back. Need to know whether I am taking off the start of the year.

ARGGGGGGGGGG, this is why I had my surgery right after school ended, so I'd be up and running.

If only that Dr. had listened to me after the surgery instead of waiting all this time. Sorry for venting, but thanks,
Arlene
Unread 08-06-2003, 07:42 PM
Urine in vagina

(((((Arlene)))))

I was reading the thread and am SO sorry we have another fistulasister :cry: You poor thing and you have been suffering for awhile I see...I truly hope you feel better soon and do read all you can about the repairs...

You can search here under "Fistula" and you will find alot of info, plus alot of chatter...so do read away...I had mine repaired vag in March and am feeling pretty well most of the time...

As for time off- I would tell school you will be out for the beginning- you need a good 5-6 weeks at the minimum to make sure everything is healed....

Oh I am soooo sad right now- I am going to have a for all my new fistulasisters ...please keep us posted and why don't you start a thread just for you and then we can all follow your progress...sending a big your way.....
Unread 08-07-2003, 06:06 AM
Urine in vagina

Hi,

I hope you get some relief soon. I have a vesico vaginal fistula that couldn't be repaired but am certainly paying for the assault I have had in my vagina. It amazed me that my abdominal cuts have long since healed (4 cuts) but it is the vaginal surgery that has left me with long term repercussions. I guess everyone is different. I haven't been following all the fistula ladies since I have joined an ostomy group but found it interesting that some of the ladies have had their fistulas reopen. I will have to go back & read some of their posts. If you are one that had their fistula reopened I would like to talk with you. Please pm me. On the ostomy site there are quite a few that were unrepairable but have yet spoke with anyone that was fixed & then reopened. Your experience would be of great interest to us.

Good Luck.
Terry
Unread 08-07-2003, 06:23 AM
Thank you all

God bless all of you for your threads you have made the last couple of days more bearable, the people I work with are all like something is always wrong with you since you had your vh, so of course when you work with women they are going to talk about you so I get snubbed alot like (what you have another dr's apt., or when are you ever going to get right) they hurt my feelings alot!!! it is so wonderful to hear from all of you I will never be able to thank you enough! Arlene mentioned of me starting a new thread, dont mean to sound dumb but how do you do that?
Unread 08-07-2003, 06:36 AM
Urine in vagina

Hi Chandler,

Just post new topic. I know what you mean about women you work with. I also worked with all women. Everytime I told them I had another procedure or sugery they seemed to get mad & make comments about having to do extra work a little longer when we had an extra girl before I left & worried about hours getting cut. Since last surgery I sent them a note but have not talked to anyone where I worked & they haven't called. Of course my husband works with my bosses mil so they know what is happening. Good luck with your bladder & hope it gets fixed soon!

Terry

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register