Need Support! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Need Support! Need Support!

Unread 08-05-2003, 06:30 PM
Need Support!

Hi Sisters, I am so uptight and figured I'd write and get it off my mind. I was fine aall day till late this afternoon. I'm snapping at my husband and he don't deserve it. I know that but it comes out before I realise it. I see my second Urologist tomorrow morning at 9:30. Some of you may remember my first one the urologist was just very rude and both hubby and I did not want him assisting GYN with surgery. I guess I'm affraid going through that test again and discomfort and inside afraid of him being mean. One good things is he sent paper work, his photo and credentials, parking information like he wants you where the other URO sent nothing and acted like you were messing up his day. I hope I will be able to sleep tonight. Figure if I'm like this now when it comes time for the surgery I won't take that well at all. Send some support please! STITCHER
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-05-2003, 06:37 PM
Hello....

I'm sorry you've had such a hard time until now. Let's hope this new Urologist is the doctor for you and a nice person.

Sometimes it helps if you tell the office staff that you've had a bad experience and are feeling a little scared. They'll usually take a little extra care to be kind to you. You don't have to give details of what happened before, just let them know you're feeling vulnerable and scared. It's okay to need support and a little extra care sometimes. We all do. I can't imagine any decent person refusing to give you some tender care if you told them you were feeling a little afraid.

Come back and let us know how it goes, okay?

Rita
Unread 08-05-2003, 06:39 PM
Need Support!

((((stitcher)))))))),

Take some deep breaths hon.

Any Dr. who takes the time to send out an info package can't be all bad.

You already know what to expect with the test, if he runs it again, so that can be calming . The unknown is always more scarey.

I will send a prayer that you and your new Dr. have a good rapport.

s

Pamcat
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-05-2003, 06:45 PM
Need Support!

Heya Stitch -

I have bladder problems also, and have been to 5 UROs. I can tell you, that as a lot, they absolutely suck. They are arrogant, and basically rude. I finally found one I liked. I hope you like this one. Just be blunt and arrogant back - they seem to respond to that. I had to tell one to come back in the room as I had further questions he needed to answer. he looked shocked, but his nurse gave me a thumbs up behind his head. Good luck tomorrow, and big to ya!

jess
Unread 08-05-2003, 07:19 PM
Need Support!

stitcher~

Someone must have wound us up together! I have been snapping at people all day. My poor DS must think the aliens came and took his nice mom and replaced her with withcie pooh. I guess I'm just having one of those days...my DH was joking with me earlier and told me to be nice, I told him I didn't have a nice bone in my body today. He wanted to know where they went and I told him I left then in bed they needed some rest.

Take heed Stitcher, we are all allowed to have a bad day once in a while. Don't be afraid to be firm with your dr's either, they put their pants on like the rest of us...one leg at a time, if they are rude call them on it and if they are compasionate thank them.

Let us know how things go tomorrow.

Donna

Donate blood, the life you save may be your own!
Unread 08-05-2003, 07:28 PM
Need Support!

I can totally relate. I am waiting for a surgery date, and I am so snappy and irritable. I can't stand to be this way. I can just see the sadness in my family's eyes when I am so short with them.

It is hard to deal with doctors. We know something is wrong with us, and it is our whole focus is to try and find answers. They have busy lives, practices, knowledge and training that we are unaware of. However, most of them simply cannot relate to our perspective. Some just see us as a "case" and can only allow so much of their time and attention to us, then they are off, whether we are ready or not!

I think bedside manner is so crucial. I wish I could evaluate a doctor on skill alone, but so many times it is important that I have someone who seems to listen and care. Hard to find both!

Sticher, know you aren't alone! Please let us know how it goes tomorrow.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register