panic attack time again! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

panic attack time again! panic attack time again!

Unread 08-06-2003, 09:35 AM
panic attack time again!

Hi girls, just need to whine a little.
I'll do a recap for you. Cone in 01, we got it, LAVH 2 months later, we got it. Opps, missed that primary in the vagina, partial vaginectomy in Jan 03, hum, didn't get it, radiation, 5 internal. That got it for sure.
Started having really bad pain in my right pelvic area last Thur. Go to GP, as I am thinking it is a bowel thing, appendix or that pesky hernia from the LAVH. Lets put you in the hospital and see what happens, surgeon will be in later to see what he wants to take out. He says he doesn't think he needs to pull out the knives just yet, doesn't look like the hernia or the appendix to him. Lets wait on the CT. GP comes in, could be radiation damage blocking bowels, Crone's disease, adhesions or appendix OR it could be other things you know, um, with your history, but he doesn't come out and say what he is thinking.
Get CT back, only thing we can see is a 2 cm mass on the right side of your vagina. You can go home now. See ya. Better call your onc. He's out till next Monday. Just called radiation guy. And he called me back within the hour. How's that for service. Asked me to check to see if I can feel the mass, haven't done that yet, but will. Said I need to get into oncologist and have it bioed. I kept asking, it's just Rad damage right? He didn't answer. Did say it shouldn't be messing up my bowels though. Must be something else.
Anyway, 2 days in the hospital, no food, no water for most of it and I still know nothing. Except I have a new mass on my vagina. Ain't modern medicine wonderful?
Thanks for letting me whine.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-06-2003, 10:31 AM
panic attack time again!

Oh Pam, what a terrible time you've had...and now you must wait to see your oncologist. I'm so sorry!

Unread 08-06-2003, 11:15 AM
panic attack time again!

Pam,
Sorry you are going thru all this. Hope it is nothing serious. you are in my prayers
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-06-2003, 12:22 PM
panic attack time again!

Huge 's Pam

I am sorry you are going thru this. I hope it is nothing serious, I will be praying for you.

God Bless & take care
Unread 08-06-2003, 01:07 PM
panic attack time again!

Radiation Dr was right, there's a big old bump in there. Onc office said to go see rad doc first, so I go on Friday.
Thanks
Unread 08-06-2003, 02:55 PM
panic attack time again!

Pam
Good Luck with your doctor visits. I also hope this is nothing serious. Waiting is the hard.

Ruth S

Unread 08-06-2003, 06:30 PM
panic attack time again!

I am so sorry you have to go through this. Hopefully, it is nothing. I know that waiting feeling is the worst!
Unread 08-06-2003, 10:06 PM
panic attack time again!

Pam,
You have been through so much, sorry you are having to go through this now. I will be keeping you in my prayers. Let us know how it goes on Friday!

Rhonda
Radical hysterectomy, June 2002, cervical cancer, 1b
Unread 08-06-2003, 11:13 PM
panic attack time again!

Oh, Pam. I wish I knew more about your particular situation so I could offer some words of advice or comfort. Just know that I am thinking of you, and that I hope for the most positive of outcomes. Please let us know what your doctors say. In the meantime, you'll be in my prayers. s!
Unread 08-07-2003, 04:46 AM
Oh Pam,

I'm so sorry you have to go through this also. Please keep us updated on what happens on Friday. Hopefully it really is nothing.

About your bowel thing, I can tell you mine have never been the same, not sure if it was the radiation or the radical hyst. But I can tell you, I don't think I will ever have "normal" bowels ever again. Just something to live with.

Anyway, please know, we ALL will be thinking of you and praying for you.

's and ers to you...

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register