Something on my ultrasound | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Something on my ultrasound Something on my ultrasound

Unread 08-06-2003, 09:39 AM
Something on my ultrasound

I am having a TVH next monday. I first went to my reg Dr last Sept complaining about mucusy discharge. She put me on, progestrone and ordered a ultrasound. It showed my 5 yr old lime size fibroid and that my lining had increased. The progestrone worked for 3 months but then I felt lousy and my period was really getting heavy. She ordered another ultrasound and started mentioning I might need a d/c and myomectomy. I went to a gyn surgeon in Feb and he just looked at the old records from my reg Dr and scheduled the d/c, myomectomy etc. I was fine for about 4 weeks after my d/c etc when I started having watery fluid pour out of me 2 weeks a month between my period and ovulation. During my 3 week post op check up I asked if the pathologist report was okay and he said it was. I went back to my reg Dr thinking I was having a yeast infection and she ran dozens of tests and said it was a UTI. By June I was passing blood clots along with the watery fluid so I went back to the surgeon. This time he did his own internal pelvic ultrasound and was at first remarking about the scar tissue from the myomectomy, 2 new fibroids but then found a 6 cm area in my uterus that was "smooth, jagged looking etc", he stopped the ultrasound then, seemed to get kind of nervous and said we needed to seriously consider a hysterectomy. In anyones experience does this sound like endometrial cancer. My pathology report was neg in March. I hate to sound like a hypocondriac in the hospital but I want to make sure I know what this jagged area is.

Thank you for reading this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-06-2003, 01:04 PM

I think you should call that Dr and ask him if he thinks it is cancer, what type. There are many benign things that can cause your symptoms and if your last pathology report was fine that is a good sign.. i had a 8.5 cm tumor between vagina and rectum and my only symptom was a watery discharge and it was cancer. My sister in law had a hysterectomy 2 weeks ago for a 10 lb utererine tumor that was causing her much discomfort. Her sister died of uterine cancer so she was prepared for the worst, but everyhting came back benign. I really encourage you to call your Dr and ask for his pre op diagnosis. You have a right to know
Unread 08-06-2003, 01:47 PM
Thank you Shepardpal

I have my pre-op visit with the surgeon tomorrow. After reading your story about watery discharge and cancer and another hystersister mentioning watery discharge and cervical cancer I am getting my courage up to ask some serious questions tomorrow. God Bless your sister in law and her recovery from having that 10 lb tumor removed.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-07-2003, 04:56 AM
I agree with Debbie...

I too had that watery discharge that would pour out of me. BUT mine was daily. I would ask some serious questions. I know that is hard, cause sometimes you really don't want to know the answers, but I think you should. Also is your doc an gyn/oncologist, if not, you might want to get one and get him on board before you have any type of surgery. They are the experts if there is any mention of cancer.

Please let us know what happens later today.

's and ers to you...
Unread 08-07-2003, 04:56 AM

I wish you the best in your visit with the doc today, and in your surgery on Monday. I do hope that it is not cancer and will pray to that effect for you.

God Bless and take care
Unread 08-07-2003, 01:23 PM
Thank you everyone

I had a good visit with the surgeon today for my pre-op. I asked point blank if he thought I had any cancer concerns and he was very reassuring saying he would be very surprised, he was confident I am fine . He feels that my watery discharge is from all the healing scar tissue from my myomectomy and d/c in March. Still not sure what that "irregular smooth jagged" area is on my pelvic ultrasound but we will find out soon enough. Thank you all for your concern. This is a great web site and I have enjoyed the book as well. I pray for all your recoveries as well.
Unread 08-07-2003, 06:36 PM

Hi Adrift....

I sound like a broken record, but if there is any chance of cancer please go see an oncologist/gynocologist for another opinion. They are the experts in this field and know all the answers to all the questions.

Keep in touch..

Rosalie

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register