bladder problems | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > The Road Less Traveled

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

bladder problems bladder problems

Unread 08-06-2003, 05:17 PM
bladder problems

Since lavh/bso 13 months ago, I have had bladder problems. My doc now says that i have interstitial cystitis, which I refuse to believe. Actually, his answer was that I probably always had it and just didn't notice until after the surgery. Not likely. Needless to say, I am switching docs to a uro-gynocologist and go on monday to my first appt. Has anyone else experienced bladder problems with or without nerve pain and nerve burning in the legs, feet and groin since surgery? IF so, what are you doing to help it? Thanks. sk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-06-2003, 09:52 PM
bladder problems

Hello!

I was diagnosed with interstitial cystitis since my hysterectomy just over a year ago. I had problems with my bladder for about a year before my surgery and then it seemed to magically go away. Then at about 3-4 months post-op, it all came back......extreme bladder pain, urinary frequency(about every 10-30 minutes!), sometimes I would feel like my bladder wouldn't completely empty....kinda like when you have a bladder infection, but I didn't have an infection. I finally went to a urologist in January and was diagnosed with IC. He put me on 4 different meds and I am pretty much symptom free now. I have to say that not only the meds have helped. I changed my diet because of severe acid reflux. The change in diet is what has really made my symptoms go away. I felt better from the meds, but within just a few days of changing my diet, I felt like I was cured. So, diet seems to really affect my bladder problems. I pretty much have cut out caffeine(mostly anyway), pizza, spaghetti(tomatoes can be really bad!), and I'm working on cutting out chocolate Anything that makes my acid reflux worse, seems to affect my bladder too.

I'm glad you're going to see a uro-gyn. I hope he/she can help you......I know how horrible bladder problems can be! I don't know what your symptoms are, but maybe your diet affects your bladder problems too????? I didn't believe that diet had anything to do with it until my acid reflux became so severe and then I was forced into changing my diet.....what a difference! Let us know what you find out at your new doctor's

Take care

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register