Rad doc has no idea, need imput | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Rad doc has no idea, need imput Rad doc has no idea, need imput

Unread 08-08-2003, 01:19 PM
Rad doc has no idea, need imput

Hi girls,
Went to rad doc today, he has no idea what the heck the '2 cm asymmetrical soft tissue density" that showed up on my CT was. Showed me it on the CT and he could feel it (from up the butt!), but said it wasn't from radiation, he asked about maybe a surguical procedure. Havent' had anything done that far down, it's just inside the opening. Also wasn't on my previous CT's.
It wasn't on the lining of the vagina, but under the mucosa or between the vagina and rectum. Any idea's? I don't even know how to interpet the soft tissue density, is this something normally concidered non-malignant?
Anyway, he called my regular gyn/onc and told them to get me in ASAP to biopsy it. Hubby asked how they were going to do that with it between everything, duh, that's going to envolve a big needle right? I mean really, tell me!
Any idea's on any of this will be appriciated.
Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-08-2003, 01:42 PM

Pam,

When I had my biopsy,because of the location of the tumor ( between vagina and rectum), they went in thru rectum. It was a guided ultra sound biopsy. It took about 30 minutes and didn't hurt. I was given a mild anesthetic and was awake the whole time
Unread 08-08-2003, 06:53 PM

I had my biopsy through my vagina, but then they were doing some biopsys in there also. I was asleep through the whole procedure, they stuck a large needle through the vagina and took samples. That's what my Dr told me.

Anyway, it was painless when I woke up, just a little cramping.

I didn't really care for my rad/onc either. He just seemed not to know much of anything except where to do the radiation. As a matter of fact, he told me he didn't need to do my checkup, just to go to my regular gyn/onc and have him call him with the results. What was that? So I told my Dr what he said, and that was it. Haven't talked to that rad/onc at all since.

Good luck, and let us know what happened.

's and ers to you...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-09-2003, 07:26 AM

Hi Pam..

I am just sending my best wishes your way. I never had to have a biopsy of that type done but am sure that it must be stressful to say the least.

I am glad that you are going to see your oncologist/gynocologist for his opinion. I am sure that he or she will be able to pin point the problem and give you the solution.

Keep in touch.

Rosalie

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register