Losing my mind - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Losing my mind Losing my mind

Unread 09-24-2003, 06:25 PM
Losing my mind

Thanks everyone for your replies.

Chris, they diagnosed my cancer after removing a large fibroid which was attached directly to my uterus. I guess it's not a fibroid though if it contained cancer cells, right? I don't know what to call it anymore. It's all very confusing to me. The fibroid was very large, but only a small portion of it contained any cancerous cells. I don't know if that's good news, but it seems like it could have been worse. I really can't remember where they thought my moms cancer started from, I'm tempted to call her old MD but he probably doesn't keep files going back that far. And I know what you mean about worrying about every little ache and pain, I keep assuming everything that goes on with my body is a sign of something. I'm trying not to let my mind make me crazy, but some times it's not easy!

Janet, I'm so sorry to hear about your mom and also about the problems you've been having. I told my doc to just take it all out, not to play around and give me time to think about it. There's nothing to think about, you found cancer, get it out of me! So I can relate to what you told your DH. I've always had infrequent periods, up until a few months ago when I started bleeding I never let my infrequent periods bother me because I never liked having my period in the first place and I thought that my weight was the reason I had problems with my period. In the past three months I've kept the maxi pad companies in business, I'll be happy when I never need them or Midol ever again!

I found out my surgery date today, it's Friday, October 10th. Two weeks and two days to go. I told my sister that I want to go away for a long weekend before the surgery, since I don't know when I'll be feeling up to traveling afterwards. I was supposed to go on a trip to Texas for two weeks this Summer, but I was too weak and losing too much blood and had to cancel the trip. So I need a break! We're trying to decide where to go, I can't wait to go and get my mind off of everything and just have a good time!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-02-2003, 11:11 PM
Losing my mind

Waiting for the surgery was worse than the surgery. The surgery was over in a flash. The lady who recommended getting your room ready has good advice. If you don;t have a recliner, consider borrowing one. I slept in it for about 10 days with a down comforter and a bunch of pillows all around me. I needed a lot of rest--a lot--and I took it. Get people organized to wait on you. And, if people ask what they can do, tell them to come over and clean. My house went downhill with my husband and son thinking that they were cleaning.

I am so relieved that the cancer is out of my body. I still don't have all my stamina back at 12 weeks post-op, but it is coming, and today I even hiked 3 miles in Rocky Mtn Natl Park.

Hang in there. While I waited, I did hours and hours of research, plus I did the Weight Watchers Program and lost 5 lbs. It gave me something I could have control over. It worked for me.

Good Luck honey, It will work out.
Love, Alana

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register