Nesting? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 09-21-2003, 08:11 PM
Nesting?

With almost a week to go before surgery, I FEEL GREAT!!! What's up with that? Today I was a mad woman cleaning. This is what I was like before my kids were born. The ole nesting syndrome. Yesterday I bought a months worth of groceries (had to borrow space in my mom's freezer).

I haven't bled in a whole week, this is the longest break in months!!!! I just can't figure it out. I haven't felt any pressure or twinges this weekend either.

I go for my pre-op visit at the dr. tomorrow. I don't even feel like I need the surgery right now. I almost wish my period would start, that would be a reminder why the surgery was scheduled.

I'm glad this site is back up and running. I didn't know if what I am going through is at all normal.

Cindy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-21-2003, 08:18 PM
Nesting?

While I haven't had my surgery yet, I suspect it is. I had 'periods'every 2 weeks for months and months, and now that I have a date- pouf nothing. Mother Nature having a laugh.

I have ultrasounds and blood work to remind me why I am doing this. Do you?

Good luck.

PS I too plan on tearing the house apart the week before, cuz I know it wont get done the month after. And we do want to recuperate in bright, clean and chreeful nests. Right?
Unread 09-21-2003, 09:05 PM
Nesting?

Cindy,
yes, you are normal! I too have stocked the pantry to overflowing and the extra freezer! The coat closet is stuffed with TP, can't open the door without a package of Charmin fallin on your head! and for the first time in years......my period was late! I think all those pre-op tests scared it for a bit.....But it did come and now I am so ready to have this operation! I have not gotten into the cleaning mood yet, too early, maybe a day or so before, I should have plenty of nervous energy to work off by then! hang in there! 's
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-21-2003, 09:44 PM
Nesting?

Okay fellow LIW......the nesting syndrome is very real and has hit me too!!! I plan to spend this week getting everything else done and then relaxing the next week. (Surgery on oct.3).

Now, I do have the opposite problem. AUNT FLO came to visit me for the first time in 19 months!!! Showed up 10 days ago and won't go away!!! It was/is a reminder of just why I am doing the surgery!!!!!!!!!!

Ronda
Unread 09-21-2003, 10:48 PM
Nesting?

I know what you mean!!! My DS and DD both said "what are we expecting a blizzard?" There is sooo much food in the pantry now it is unbelievable!
As far a cleaning, tried, just couldn't focus on it. Oh well, DH told be that he will be at my "beck and call" all week! I wonder how long that will last before he changes his mind!!! LOL I am going to park my but on the couch and wear my crown and wave my wand at him!!!
to all!
Lorri
Unread 10-05-2003, 08:08 PM
I'm nesting too

Hi there...

I've spent all day Saturday cleaning. No more dustbunnies!!!!!! I also went to the store Friday evening and now have more TP than I know what to do with. Of course, i also went to the store and bought my LAST box of tampons, took my LAST bc pill....everything is a LAST for me. I will be on vacation from school (I'm teacher) for 2 weeks + and played my last song on the piano at church tonight for 2 weeks.

I only thought the nesting thing was for expectant mothers....boy was I wrong.

Hang in there......

Your sister,
Sherill
Unread 10-06-2003, 10:34 AM
Nesting?

I am so glad that I "nested". It is nice to be cooped up in a clean space!!!
Unread 10-06-2003, 01:14 PM
Nesting?

Cindy, Well, darn. I had decided to just let everything go, but having a nice clean nest for recovery would be nice! I keep a pretty clean house but you can always find dust and dirt, can't you!? Glad you are home and on the other side. (I too have felt great this week, with only 2 weeks left till surgery! Go figure)
Unread 10-06-2003, 01:46 PM
Nesting?

I just had to laugh at these posts! I too have had more energy today than I know what to do with. ya know it's just like when I anounce I'm going in for a hair cut, all of a sudden my hair is perfect, full of volume and shine laying perfectly and all that. BUT, rest assured if I wait too long for that hair appointment my hair thinks it's safe again and is back to it's bad behavior!lol
As far as the nesting goes I'm trying to contain mine awhile longer so my house is cleaned closer to my date. also trying really hard to wait to stock up on everything so it will last the whole month of november. Hey, it's just one more reason to shop!!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register