Help!!!! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > The Road Less Traveled

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 09-22-2003, 07:27 AM
Help!!!!

Hello. I had my hysterectomy in April, 2001(took cervix, uterus,reconstructed bowel and repaired bladder), I had another surgery in Nov. 2002(lost left ovary/tube, bowels reconstructed once again and bladder repaired once again), WELL--I am going to the DR. Wed. My right side is killing me. My dr. said I had a high tolerance for pain. WELL, this pain is unbearable. I can't stand it, I have been living on a heating pad for days. When I am not on it, it just hurts and hurts. I feel the same pain now as I did in Nov. I am scared that I am going to lose my right ovary due to Endometriosis. This disease just keep haunting me and haunting me. I feel so good for so long then BOOM, I feel really bad again. I am not sure if things will get better with or without the ovary. I know I will have to live on HRT--BUT I am only 29 now. I just don't know if I am ready to give up the ovary just yet.
PLEASE--does anyone have any advice to give me?? Will I just keep going back in to have surgery with or without the ovary in there???? If this surgery thing is going to be a once a year thing, then I opt to keep the ovary until it withers up and dies all by itself. Is this wrong of me to feel this way. Am I just a whimp and a baby to feel this way?? I thought I had a control on my depression, well, it seems after the past few days I am doing a tail spin and it is out of control. I will take any advice you can give me. I guess I just need reminded that I am not losing my mind and that I can get through this.
Thanks for letting me get this all out. Typing and typing does help though.
Belinda
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-22-2003, 07:43 AM
Help!!!!

You are not a wimp or a baby. I'm 29 too, and I can understand why you don't want to lose your remaining ovary. But I also feel that if that is what it takes to, hopefully, get rid of the pain once and for all then maybe you should consider it. If you are dead set against that then maybe BC pills or lupron?? Is laparscopic surgery an option for you to get rid of the endo or adhesions maybe??

As for depression, how can you not get depressed sometimes from being in constant pain?? Sometimes it jsut helps to talk to people that may understand what you are going through.

When do you see your dr?
Unread 09-22-2003, 11:18 AM
Help!!!!

((((Belinda))))) I'm so sorry you've been having such a hard time You are not a baby: you've been through so much, it's little wonder you're having a hard time dealing with all this.

I'm 47 yo and kept my ovaries and, when I was having pains in my right abs, causing me worries that I might have to loose it, I was really worried about it all. I can only imagine how scared and concerned you must be at the possibility of facing surgical menopause at 29 years old Especially since, if you're dealing with recurring endo, you might be forced to forego the benefits of HRT.

That's why you should really explore all your options before agreeing to have your last ovary removed. One great place to get information regarding menopause and HRT is in the Hormone Jungle message board. Just click here to get to that valuable forum: https://www.hystersisters.com/vb2/for....php?forumid=5 Another great resource is our sister site, The Hormone Jungle. Just click here to get there: http://www.hormonejungle.com/

Sending lots of healing s your way. Please let us know how you're doing.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register