Here I go again! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > The Road Less Traveled

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Here I go again! Here I go again!

Unread 09-22-2003, 07:44 AM
Here I go again!

I got two whammies now! First, I went for a mammo the other day and they want me to go back for ultrasound. The nurse just said that there was fatty/dense tissue and they need to see it better. I have had a history of many fibroademonas that have been biopsied. Hopefully it isn't anything.

I have been notice that dull achey feeling in my sides again lately. It seems to come with bowel disturbances but sometimes alone. My doctor suspects adhesions. I had did have endometriosis a few years ago and had a bowel resection about 7 years ago. When I had I had my LAVH/LSO there wasn't any endo found but lots of adhesions on the bowel. I had been doing PILATES exercises and it seems to have made the pain worse. It hurts internally when I go to the bathroom. It also hurts when I move a certain way. When I went for a checkup a few weeks ago, the doctor said my ovary was slightly enlarged. He said if the pain got worse, I should have an ultrasound. He wants to see me in six months. Also, he said if it got worse, I should have a CT scan of the pelvis and abdomen. He said he didn't think that was necessary unless it was really bad. Well, when they called me for the breast ultrasound, I mentioned to the nurse about the pain. It seems to come and go. I told her maybe I should go ahead and have the pelvic ultrasound to see what is going on and then go from there. She said the doctor had written on the report - adhesions or diverticulitus. Diverticulitis is usually on the left side but I have pain on both side. Who knows!

So, I get to go and get too lovely ultrasounds on Friday, 9/26. It is always something. I know that none of the test willl show adhesions. I told the doctor that overall I feel better. However, I get these cycles of pains. Do any of you get yours in cycles. I feel that surgery is in the future. I am so scared about losing the remaining ovary. I've been trying to hold on to it. Sorry to go on so long here. It is so frustrating! Thanks sisters for listening. Hugs to all of you that are in pain right now.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-22-2003, 11:04 AM
Here I go again!

Hi Dara it sounds like you have been through a lot already!

I'm glad you are going to have the ultrasounds. Really, trying to guess what the trouble might be without some testing is just speculation. Bowel adhesions can cause the type of pain you're talking about, where going to the bathroom and exercise can make it feel worse.

When you say the pain goes in cycles, what length of cycle do you mean? Like monthly? If that's the case it would suggest some hormonal involvement, which (to me) sounds like it could be related to that endo you used to have?

Diverticulitis does cause cyclical pain but the cycles are a few hours in length, and usually accompanied by fevers. Also the pains are pretty intense, they reminded me of labor pains because I had to 'breathe' through them. And you're right, it's usually on the left side.

Please let us know how the ultrasounds go, and any other tests you might be having as well, OK?
s,
-Linda
Unread 09-22-2003, 02:06 PM
Here I go again!

((((Dara))))) I'm sorry that you've been dealing with so many issues all at once

I'm happy that you are getting both issues addressed. Hopefully, the breast ultrasound will reveal that, once again, you are dealing with benign issues. ers are going your way.

Regarding the recurring pains in your sides, I have also been dealing with pains in my lower right abs that tend to be cyclic. Because of this, I was positive that my right ovary was acting up. However, in my case, the cyclic pains are caused by colonic spasms. I've since found out that IBS, a condition I've been dealing with for most of my life, can be aggravated by PMS symptoms. Also, it appears that the Hyst has also aggravated the symptoms

Sending lots of s your way. Please let us know how things go on Friday.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register