Problems, Problems and more Problems again!! UGH!!! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > The Road Less Traveled

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Problems, Problems and more Problems again!! UGH!!! Problems, Problems and more Problems again!! UGH!!!

Unread 09-22-2003, 05:12 PM
Problems, Problems and more Problems again!! UGH!!!

I am sorry I have not been around YET again to offer support and help to those sisters that need it, especially the new sisters hurdling problems.

We went through Hurricane Isabele and JUST got all of our power and cable and phone back. I had access for a few days after the hurricane hit due to having a generator but then our cable went out and NO comp!

I am STILL having problems and it is REALLY getting OLD!

I had my post-op appt and it was so hectic due to all the appts they were trying to squeeze in before the storm that I am a bit upset that I did not get ANY of the attention I needed!

I am still having HORRIBLE vaginal and anal itching and bowel probs. NOT constipation, I AM going, it is just still hurting in the left side of my rectum at times.

I am not taking anything for BM's except stool softeners and I am having small BM's every 3rd day. I also am having the pain in the left side of my low pelvic area off and on.

The ONE thing that is just DRIVING ME NUTS is the itching! I have tried just about everything I have heard of and I PRAY someone here has a magic remedy for it!!!!!

It is not internally but all around the outside of my vagina and anus. It is red, burning, itching and raw. I have tried just plain taking a warm bath after urinating, witch hazel wipes, and Vagasil cream. The cream is just about the only thing that sooths it temporarily but it burns like fire putting it on. I can not get in to see my Gyn or PCM due to the power outage in our area and all of the surrounding areas. I am at the point where I am ready to head to the ER but know they will just give me something I have already tried as what I am doing is the remedies they have given me.

I also still have ALL of my vaginal stitches and I am 5 weeks post-op as of last Friday. I cant remember after having my kids how long it takes for them to dissolve and at 6 weeks I will be allowed to have intercourse again. I WONT with all of these stitches still there and as of now it is still tender to touch.

I KNOW I need to go in ans see my Dr again but at this point I have no way too!

Thanks for ANY and ALL advice you can give me!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-22-2003, 05:38 PM

Oh Pam....

It must be a mess out where you live. My sister lives near Richmond and, while they have power, they have been several days without water. Many trees were uprooted in her neighborhood too and caused much damage. I hope things get back to normal quickly.

I am not much help. I do know that when skin is healing it itches. When I had trouble I found the vagisal effective and would put it on very thickly. I also put Tucks pads in my underwear on top of a pad so it pressed up against the itchy parts.

I hope you find some relief soon.

Many s
Sarah
Unread 09-22-2003, 06:40 PM
Many hugs

Hi,
Wow, having to deal with a hurricane and all these health problems - my heart really goes out to you. Frist of all, foir the outside itching, are you sure it's not an infection - I was very red and sore outside the vaginal area when I had my posterior repair. I thought maybe it was yeast, but then I went to the gyn and it turned out to be Bacterial Vaginosis, and most people from what I read don't have that irritation like that but I did. The discharge was watery. I had vaginal packing, and I think that's what started it all up. I used a prescription for antibiotic suppossitories for it, which then of course started yeast, but I finally conquered them both. Also, another thought is your skin may just be plain irritated and the Tucks pads and Vagisil are making it worse. When I had irritated skin, which was after going round and round with yeast infections, and then the yeast was gone, but my skin was still irritated, my gyn had me try 3 different things - plain old Vaseline, lightly, which did help some, and Desitin or A&D ointment - yep diaper rash cream, and that actually helped a lot. He also said to use some plain yogurt on the outside vaginal area if I was still worried about yeast, even though it seemed I didn't have it. The plain yogurt was very soothing. So, any of these remedies may be worth a try, but then again, if you still have stitches outside be careful as they are indeed miserable. Can you at least call the doctor and ask what you should or shouldn't do? I sure hope you get some relief soon. See what you and your doctor think about my three suggestions, and I would also rule out infection. I've been on antibiotics for about 5 weeks, which I hate, and now I'm ready to start the Diflucan for yeast. At least my bladder is finally feeling a lot better and the bladder pain went away. You are in my prayers. I'll watch for your posts to see how you're doing.
Love, Light, Blessings
Druid
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-23-2003, 06:10 AM

Thanks for replying Sarah and Druid!

Sarah.....We are finally back with power and phone and cable as of now. It will go out intermitently but I cant complain since there are STILL prople in shelters with NOTHING! In fact I feel quilty having all I do right now!!

I had the tucks pads (all they are is witch hazel) and now I have prep H wipes and they are the witch hazel as well. They work at cleaning the area but burn like fire to do it. I do cake the Vagisil and it does help for an hour or so. Funny, I also have put them in my vagina too.... My stitches that are healing do itch a bit, but the outer irritation outweighs the healing itch...Thanks for the help sweetie!!!

Druid..... I hope your feeling better, I read one of your posts last night but was so tired I could not sit here to reply!!! I had infections in ALL of my incisiions and I was on 10 days of Keflex. I have been off of them for 5 days and the rash started after. I woul dhave thought the antibiotics being as it is the best one for skin infections would have kept this from happening! I also had packing but the itching did not get like this until 4 weeks ago and not this bad until a couple of weeks ago. I will try EVERY single thing you listed and I will let you know what works for me!!

Thanks sweetie for all of the home remedies and I will be off to the store later looking like I have a baby with a diaper rash!!!

HUG to you all!!
Unread 09-23-2003, 06:17 AM

This may sound crazy, but have you tried cold packs? I've found that to be helpful in similar situations.
Unread 09-23-2003, 05:02 PM
Another thought

Hi,
I read that Keflex can cause vaginal itching. i have just finished taking it for a week and did have itching. Just a thought. Have you called the doctor yet?
Love, Light, Blessings
Druid
Unread 09-23-2003, 11:28 PM

Thanks again Druid!!!

I did try the yogurt and it helped alot. The irritation is much better today and I am beginning to think it is due to urine leakage and it irritating the areas.

I replied to my post about the leakage explaining it and also asking MORE questions.

HUGS sweetie and how are you doing?
Unread 09-24-2003, 05:54 AM

Pam,

I was so worried about you. I'm relieved that you able to get on and update us.

Wanted to give you a and ask if have IBS or diveruticulitis? Only because the pain is on the left side and that is where your colon is.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register