V V Fistula Surgery - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > The Road Less Traveled

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

V V Fistula Surgery V V Fistula Surgery

Unread 10-02-2003, 04:49 PM
V V Fistula Surgery

Shelly ((((((((HUGS)))))))))) Glad your home from surgery sounds as if it went well . Stay off nyour feet as long as you can it really helps with heaking. Pam
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-05-2003, 05:43 AM
V V Fistula Surgery

It's 10 days post op for my fistula repair and I'm doing pretty good. Today will be a test for me. It's the first day I'll be totally alone unless someone comes by unexpected. Physically I feel a lot better than I did at this point after my hys. I think part of it may be that I've been eating much better and not taking as much medicine for pain. Mentally/Emotionally I'm doing ok, not great but ok.

I have a voiding cystogram scheduled for 3 weeks post op in my home town with a local uro. Then I don't see the uro in Philadelphia who did my surgery for a week. My question is...Will they remove my S P catheter when they do the cystogram? I don't know if they can do that procedure with the catheter in...seems like they couldn't but I'm not sure.

Thanks ladies for all your support!!

Shelly
Unread 10-05-2003, 09:26 PM
V V Fistula Surgery

Shelly -

Glad to hear that you are feeling pretty good. I too felt better sooner when compared to the hyst.

With regard to your cystogram - the SP cath will stay in. They will just cap it off so your bladder cannot drain through it. Once the x-rays are taken, they'll reattach the cath bag and drain it all out. Not much to it. Trust me, it's a breeze to everything else you've been through.

Continue to take it easy. I'll keep you in my prayers!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-06-2003, 06:27 PM
V V Fistula Surgery

Hi dear sister, I too am a fistula sister. I just had my 3rd repair for the v v f, the 2 that were done vaginally didn't work, but I had the last one done sept 2, abdominally, and now I'm leak free.:!

Feel free to :email: Hope your recovery goes well. Here's to drier days
otion:
Jan
Unread 10-16-2003, 04:47 PM
3rd time the charm

Dear Fistula Sisters,

I had my hysto. a year ago. Then I started leaking urine. It took months and lots of tests before I was properly diagnosed. I had two vaginal repairs, neither of which was successful. Finnaly in June I had an abdominal repair. The Dr. was able to go through my hysto. inscision, which helped. I found the recovery to be easier than the hysto. But, maybe part of it was knowing what to expect. Also I was determined to follow my Dr's orders so that I would never leak urine again! After two months on a catheter I finally had a I'm throwing out my "depends" celebration. I tossed the bag into the garbage and announced to anyone within hearing distance that I hoped I didn't have to buy depends again until I was in my 80's. I hope all is going well with your recovery. Princess Casey
Unread 10-16-2003, 07:46 PM
V V Fistula Surgery

Shelly,

Hope you're feeling better every day. Remember to drink lots of water and cranberry juice-it really helps!

Hugs,
Louise

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register