Need answers about Lupron and endo!! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > The Road Less Traveled

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Need answers about Lupron and endo!! Need answers about Lupron and endo!!

Unread 09-23-2003, 01:48 PM
Need answers about Lupron and endo!!

I just had a laparoscopy 1 week ago for pain on my left side....left ovary removed 1 1/2 yrs ago and a TVH in 2001. For the first time ever, my gyn. found endo(through the peritoneum) with adhesions attached to the pelvic side wall and some endo on the right side, however not involving the right ovary so he left it. 3 days ago the pain returned on the left side....definitely the left side with no connection to the surgery sites. I went back to my gyn. and he put me on Bextra and Taladen. Monday I am supposed to go back for an injection of depo lupron and he said we will add back horomones as needed for menopausal symptoms. Has anyone ever gone through this type of trts. for painful endo. and after the lupron (6mos.) did the endo return. Looks like most of everything I am reading points to this so I am wondering why do it in the first place?? Oh yeah, can endo return that quickly after being lasered??? Thanks for any input anyone can give me.

God Bless, wepitch
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-23-2003, 03:18 PM
Need answers about Lupron and endo!!

Dear Wepitch,
I have a history of endo and multiple surgeries and one 6 month course of Lupron with minimal HRT.

You are really new post op... so things may get better. But from reading your note, it sounds like all the endo he SAW was on the right side but you have pain on the left side right?

I do not think the endo would grow back in a week. My thought is that the pain on your left is not from the endo on the right. Maybe there is hidden or micrscopic endo on the left or maybe the pain on the left is not endo at all. You don't mention if the pain is constant or cyclical.

THere are many many things that can cause pelvic pain besides endo: IBS, IC, myofascial problems, hernias, nerve damage, pelvic congestion just to highlight a few

Based on my own experience, Lupron was not fun but the ERT addback made it more bearable. It would likely help your pain if you have endo but as long as you have your right ovary the endo can always show up again. When I took Lupron I had minimal pain relief... my most severe pain ended up coming from severe adenomyosis that so messed up my uterus it hurt even on the Lupron and pelvic congestion in my right ovarian vein... which apparently doesn't respond well to Lupron either for some reason.

Since you are so new postop maybe start keeping track of when you have pain and how much (just try not to focus too much on it )... and let your doctor know. One surgery I had that really helped required 4 months before I started to notice I was feeling better... so time can often help alot.

One thing about the Lupron is if you have a really hard time on it you can stop it and also can up the dose of ERT until it wears off.
I think it takes several weeks before you would notice it helping if it was going to work. I know several endo sufferers who have had great relief while on it... and there are some who had quite alot of side affects... but others who have fared well...

I hope you start feeling better. Don't give up hope that all is lost. Keep on your doctor and if you feel like he is not helping get a second opinion...etc. etc.

Many s and please keep us posted on what you find out and how you are doing.

Sarah

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register