My Monday Results | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

My Monday Results My Monday Results

Unread 09-23-2003, 03:01 PM
My Monday Results

I couldn't have chemo until Monday because when I went Friday my white cells had fallen from great levels two weeks after chemo into the cellar of cellars. Instead I had Neupogen and then had Neupogen again Saturday and Sunday. Yesterday the white cells were up in their regular territory and I had more chemo. I will from now on have Neupogen days 4-10 of treatment. I go to the clinic except weekends, when they aren't open, and then I go to the hospital, outpatient. The other news is that the tumor marker, CA125, has increased from 40-62. Thus, it is likely that the carboplatin will no longer work on me. I spent quite a bummed weekend to say the least.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-23-2003, 03:10 PM
My Monday Results

's Ellen
Is it possible that the Carbo will kick in? Or will you & your MD pick another chemo? There are many chemos out there just waiting to drop kick those nasty cells out. You, as always are in my prayers. Hang in there. You are a fighter.

Ruth S
Unread 09-23-2003, 03:21 PM
My Monday Results

Ellen,

you are always in my prayers too. i'm glad the nuepogen worked. It helped my counts too. Is there other chemo your doctor is looking into to add to, or istead of the carboplatin ?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-23-2003, 05:10 PM
My Monday Results

s Ellen

I can imagine how disappointed you are with that ca 125 continuing to rise! Perhaps it is time to take a longer break from the platinums. They could still be useful for you down the road.
Are you willing to try another type of chemo? I sure hope so.
You are in my thoughts and prayers.

karenann
Unread 09-23-2003, 07:06 PM
My Monday Results

Hi, Ellen. I had the slower working counterpart of Neupogen, Neulasta. It was great and always kept me on schedule. In fact, I just had to have one shot the day after chemo. Some of the drugs they've got today are wonderful.

I'm sorry to hear that your CA-125 went up. It'll go back down, too. They've just got to find the right mix for you. Saying special prayers for you and your doctors.

God bless.
Unread 09-23-2003, 08:57 PM
My Monday Results

Dear Ellen,
I am sorry that you are going through this now. I hope the doctors come up with a good plan of action for you. I hope that your CA-125 goes down and stays down low. You are so special and I pray that God will help you through this time. We are all for you, Ellen!

Rhonda
Radical hysterectomy, June 2002, cervical cancer, 1b
Unread 09-24-2003, 12:58 AM
My Monday Results

(((((((((((ELLEN)))))))))))))))

I am so sorry to hear of your setback, and that is all that it is, a setback. I am sure that they will find something that will help blast those nasty cells into obilivion. Good luck and will continue to pray for you
Unread 09-24-2003, 10:10 AM
My Monday Results

You will make it, Margaret. The right combination will be found. I view you as my elder hystersister because you are such a strong survivor.

In July, I took Neupogen - 5 subcutaneous shots to get the WBC count up, and they have managed to stay within the normal range. (Just as an aside, my mother, a nurse (now long retired) from war time Britain! injected me, and that has probably been the hardest thing emotionally for me).

My CA125 11 level dropped from over 2000. I am now at 70, a drop of 2 points from July. If mine can drop that much, yours can also drop again. Keep the faith. I know that's hard to do at times. I've argued plenty with God, or as I really call it - The Creator.

My ers and to you.
Unread 09-25-2003, 12:24 AM
My Monday Results

Dear Ellen,

Wild Rose is right. If her CA125 can fall that far, yours can, too.

One thing I found about Neupogen is that it pushes your WBC way up . . . but after you stop the drug, the count falls right back down again. So be sure to watch that. I had two friends give me shots for two months, but I've finally taught myself how to do it.

On that ovarian cancer radio show, a doctor mentioned that combining Gemzar with Carboplatin seemed to be quite promising. What about Doxil? You've had Carboplatin several times before. Can you try another drug? This is the time to fight, and to surprise your system with something it hasn't seen (or had a chance to develop resistance to) before.

I am so sorry for all you must be going through emotionally. But I know you will kick this thing in the rear! Let us know your next plan of attack.

s! and prayers!
Unread 09-25-2003, 02:45 PM
My Monday Results

My mom only got her markers down when they finally combined Gemzar and Carboplatin. Granted, she has a different type of cancer, but it worked. Taxol didn't do much for her except make her really tired. I know everybody's different, but I wish you only the best in the quest to find that perfect formulation that gets those markers back down!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register