Back On The Chemo Track | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Back On The Chemo Track Back On The Chemo Track

Unread 09-24-2003, 09:22 AM
Back On The Chemo Track

Yesterday, I managed to do Chemo # 5. My oncology nurse, who is wonderful, mentioned that I should really view it as Chemo #1, as there was an 8 week delay since my last chemo, July 30. Anyway. It now appears that I will do another 3, and complete on November 25 or so. But, I feel a-ok! My eyelashes started to grow in 2 weeks ago, and they grew quite quickly, and a tiny bit longer, and a deep brown. And I now have 1/2 inch inky black! roots, as I never shaved my scalp so always kept some hair. But, I was a light auburn. I know that it will fall out again, but now I also now that it will grow again.

My anti-nausea drip bag medication again was Benadryl and Decadron. It works for me.

And, now, for 3 days running, Navoban before breakfast and Dexamethasone after meals (2x daily the latter) - steroids and anti-nausea meds.

I am so grateful that hystersisters can be accessed again. It has been an emotional lifeline for me. While my surgeons, including a gyn/onc are the best that I could ever have found worldwide, and educated and trained in my country, and with much experience, and I do get support from family and friends, it would have been still an emotional wilderness still for me here without you all. While I do know that we all, or at least I can only talk for myself, ultimately go through it alone, but I also know that I have not been ever alone, for God is with each of us, I believe. But, you my hyster sisters, once again, have been a lifeline. And, of course, it is thanks to Kathy and her generosity, for creating this website in the first place.

In closing, my sister in Winnipeg, sent me the Ovarian Canada Cancer web page. According to it, every 3 and a half hours, another Canadian woman is diagnosed with ovarian cancer.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-24-2003, 10:06 AM
Two months and chemo's over!

Look at it that way--two months to chemo freedom! I admit I too missed Hysters--I mean, one of my major lifelines was down!
Made me realize how fortunate we are to have it. When you're through chemo you find your eyebrows and eyelashes make a seemingly sudden entrance--hair takes longer to even out. Now I wish I had the curly stuff back--easier to maintain!
Unread 09-24-2003, 02:48 PM
Back On The Chemo Track

So Glad your back on the chemo track. I also missed Hyster Sisters. No one quite understands as well as someone who has "been there, done that".

May you be side effect free.

Ruth S
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-25-2003, 04:45 PM
Back On The Chemo Track

s Wild Rose

I am glad to read you are back on your chemo. What I can't recall is what caused the long delay?

karenann
Unread 09-26-2003, 09:12 AM
Back On The Chemo Track

Hi, Karenann,

Great to hear from you. My eight week delay between chemos, from July 30 to September 23, was due to the fact that I had a CatScan - August 18 - between chemos # 4 and # 5, to see how chemo was doing, which revealed a big tumour, so it was off to op. table on the date - August 20 - that I should have been doing #5. Then, had to get blood counts - Hemoglobin - up again. But, now all my counts fall in the normal range, apart from RBC. My oncology nurse said that my hemoglobin range was better than hers now!

(The tumour had strangled itself, so showed chemo working).

But, I also had a five week delay between # 2 (June 4) and # 3 (July 9) also due to low platelet count and WBC. And, I guess that it was a Catch 22 situation - the counts were low due to chemo.

I am just not going to worry about it, but go along with the program!

to you
Unread 09-26-2003, 02:46 PM
Back On The Chemo Track

Hi Wild Rose

Glad to hear that you are back on track and feeling well. See, the hair and eyelashes really do grow back!!

Rosalie
Unread 09-26-2003, 06:10 PM
Back On The Chemo Track

Sorry Wild Rose, I do remember now what happened in August and the good news it resulted in. Perhaps I can blame my brain lapse on jet lag?
At any rate, I am glad chemo has been restarted.
oxoxoox karenann

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register