Chronic Pelvic Pain - Page 3 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > The Road Less Traveled

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Chronic Pelvic Pain Chronic Pelvic Pain

Unread 09-25-2003, 08:13 AM
Chronic Pelvic Pain

Nash,

I feel your pain dear. I had the same pain you are descibing except mine was on my right side, but exactly the same as yours. I went to my GP and he ordered pelvic ct, results didn't look good then next day had a vag. and reg ultrasound. I had many cysts on my right ovary and a few on my left as well as a lot of fluid in my abdoman. MY GP and the radiologist said it looked as if I could have cancer......I was freaking out. So he sent me to my GYN and well he was no help all he did was told me to take bc pills for 3 weeks and I should be fine. Oh, he didn take a ca-125. In the mean time I went to another GYN for a 2nd opion and she ordered another vag. ultrasound with doppler study. In the mean time I got the results back from the ca125 and it was slightly elevated, he told me that because I was over weight that was why it was elevated and he was not worried. ....

So, I called the other gyn and cancelled my appt with her. Within 30 mins she called me personally at work and wanted to know why I had cancelled and I told her. She said she didn't want to scare me or anything when I saw her the first time but It did look as if I had cancer, we talked for about 30 minutes. I know my boss was getting p*****, but who cared at that point.. I went ahead and kept my appt with her for the next day and well needless to say the ultrasound was inconclusive, so she sent me to the gyn/onocoligist(sp). I saw him on Tuesday and he was really concerned also. Said it didn't look really good and that my ca-125 was normal not slightly elevated but the only way they could tell if I had cancer or not was for me to have my ovaries removed(I had a tah in 2000 because of bladder problems). So that friday I had surgery.

It has been 6 weeks now and no pain in the area except for the normal pain from surgery. And the good news is I didn't have cancer.........praise the lord. But my ovaries were severly diseased and I had major adhesions. He was going to take my appendix also but didn't have the time because of all the adhesions.

If you don't get the results you want from your GYN today, I would get a second opion. I also live in the nash area(lavergne) and the female dr I saw was dr Sandage she works at Cent. She is wonderful...she takes time with u and she doesn't specialize in ob. I love her needless to say she is my new GYN. She listens and cares.

Good luck and I will pray for you.
Sugar
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-25-2003, 09:40 AM
Chronic Pelvic Pain

Okay - I am back from my pelvic CT scan . There is definitely some kind of mass in my left ovary . . . on the pics, my right ovary looks kinda like a fried egg . . and my left ovary looks like a baseball. It will go the radiologist today - and should be back to my general practicioner tomorrow. I feel so much better . . they have now identified something wrong . . . now they can fix it. Thanks for letting me cry here . . . the past six weeks of being in pain and being told by my gyno that nothing is wrong have been horrible. Needless to say -- I will be getting a new gyno
Unread 09-25-2003, 09:55 AM
Chronic Pelvic Pain

just sending you some 's hang in there, we're all here for you, let us know what the results are when you get them!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-25-2003, 10:23 AM
Chronic Pelvic Pain

Dear Nash,

Oh gosh... a relief to find a problem.. but then the worry to fix the problem.

Please keep us posted. I do hope you can find a new and better Gyn quickly. It is difficult to understand how your previous Gyn could miss what was going on.

And to Kelou, Gidge, Mari, Toni, Sugar... please keep posting too so we can keep track of each other.

Many s to you.

Sarah
Unread 09-25-2003, 10:32 AM
Chronic Pelvic Pain

PS, some cysts do develop quickly and some do rupture just as fast and disappear, I had a couple each month just prior to my hyst, so I guess there's a small chance that if it's a cyst that it wasn't there before.....but I still think another gyn is in order!
Unread 09-25-2003, 10:34 AM
Chronic Pelvic Pain

Glad to hear that you found out what was causing all your pain, sorry that you are having so much trouble, but at least now that they know what it is they can do something to fix it soon, hang in there we are with you.

Life is not about how fast you run,:run3: or how high you climb, but
how well you bounce.
Unread 09-25-2003, 10:45 AM
Chronic Pelvic Pain

Dear Patticake...

I love your little ditty about bouncing... I am writing that down and pinning it to my bulletin board.

Sarah
Unread 09-25-2003, 11:44 AM
I too am experiencing most of what all of you said

I went to the gyn and she is going to check to see if I have IC with the scope and a colonoscopy, a internal pelvic ultrasound, I had the external one in Feb. 2003. I had adhesion on the left follpian tube 16 years ago and the operative report said could not get all because of two close quarters to the small bowel. I have a temps on and off for a year, pain is persitent for a month now. Can't lay on left side, need to urinate often every 15 mintues if laying down. At night have to stop drinking fluids by 7:00 pm or I won't sleep. I have awoken in middle of night screaming in pain, I am on oxycontin and perodan for other chronic pain issues and still feel the pain in pelvic area. At least now after this thread I understand where the gyn is going with these extra test before she opens me up. THank you all for your info I pray for all of you that we may one day become pain free. Aloha Birdlady45 (Ellie) I also have fibromyalgia, IBS, Gerd with Barrets, Thyroid and many other disorders I am a train wreck !!!
Unread 09-25-2003, 01:09 PM
Chronic Pelvic Pain

Dear Nash:
So glad you got news you wanted to hear. It really does help to know it's not all in your head. I know every one of us who have posted on this thread has probably heard from someone we know or love that it's all in our heads. I'm so sick of people saying that--or saying "uh oh....she's got something else going wrong in her body...let's get her a little white jacket and a padded room." I know, I know, no one comes and says that to our faces, but I sure do THINK they say it!

UGH! Can you tell I'm having a bad day. Didn't mean to rant. I'm really happy Nash that you're making progress in finding out what's going on. It's awful and nervewracking to be in pain and have no one able to figure it out.

All you people here are such a blessing. I can't tell you how much you've all helped me. There's so few people who understand what we've gone and are going through. I want to sometimes wring people's necks and ask them if they think we want this stuff happening to our bodies...cuz the answer is NO. We want to live happy and pain free days just like so many others we know.

My turn for the pity party! Sorry about that. Who wants to be next?haha

Keep us posted Nash and everyone else too. Praise God for you all!

Mari
Unread 09-25-2003, 03:59 PM
Chronic Pelvic Pain

Mari - Sorry you are having such a bad day . . . . the pity party usually helps though. . . no gifts, though...durn! I cannot tell you how much better I feel just KNOWING there IS something wrong. Everyone at work is saying the "Old Karyn" is back, because my demeanor is so much better. Pain, of course, is still horrendous -- but my doc gave me pain meds, so now I can at least make it through the day. Unfortunately, my job does require quite a bit of judgment -- so am trying not to make TOO many important business decisions while on narcotics! ha! I am wondering how long it will take for my doctor to get my results and call me and tell me what the next step is. I think if I don't hear from him tomorrow afternoon - I may call - but don't want to be a whiney, pesky patient. Mari - I hope your day is better . . . I understand all too much that "look" from family and friends who are sick of you (us) being sick . . . like WE really like it, huh? It's like they can't remember that BEFORE all this started - I was NOT a complainer, never sick, not a whiner, etc., etc. . .. .Feel freel to vent any time Mari . . . here or to me personally . . . I am starting to feel like I know all of you guys on here . .

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register