Update on my sister's Stage and biopsies... | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Update on my sister's Stage and biopsies... Update on my sister's Stage and biopsies...

Unread 09-24-2003, 05:51 PM
Update on my sister's Stage and biopsies...

Hi Ladies~

As I was walking out the door today for my gyn/onc appointment, I received the call regarding my sister's staging and the lymph biopsies reports following her TAH/BOS.

She has been staged at Stage II C. The biopsies (Thank God) were clear. They staged her as they did as there were cells in her peritoneal wash. I feel as though this is the BEST news possible considering she already showed most all symptoms and her tumor was so big. The doctor gave her a great prognosis for survival. She will be receiving very aggressive combo chemo and just pray she won't suffer too much. I feel very blessed with this news!

As for my appointment today...my doctor was better than I even hoped for. He not only has the most impressive credentials I have ever seen, he also has a personality and bed side manner to match!
He ordered 3 tests for me, two I will have tomorrow.
Tomorrow I will have the two ultrasounds, both internal and external.
Following that he wants me to have an MRI instead of a mammogram as I am large breasted and very dense.
He said that my uterus is enlarged but reassured me he did not feel it was due to any form of cancer. As we all know, even with such reassurances we just never know until testing begins. He suspects that I may have benign fibroids.
He also felt that my sister should have been given the gene mutation BRCA blood test for knowledge for her daughter and myself and our other sister. He felt that should have been a routine test her doctor should have ordered. If, for some reason, my sister does not have it, either myself or my other sister will have it done.
We did discuss at length the CA-125 blood marker test.
My sister's was NOT elevated at all at 24 and this doctor is not a strong advocate of this test. I asked what would he recommend for his mother, sister, daughter, etc. and he said he would not order it.

So...now it's just going to be more waiting for my results.

I am just so grateful that I am apparently in great hands with this doctor who not only is respected but has also published over 150 papers in all of the major journals, given many symposiums, lectures, and is always involved in trials. Fortunately, he is a proactive as I intend to be.

Blessings to all!
Heni
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-24-2003, 06:05 PM
Hi Hena........

I'm glad that you updated us on your sisters results. I hope your mind is more at ease now. Are they going to start chemo immediately with the stents they placed the other day?

I am also very glad that your appointment went so well. It sounds as if you have a great Dr there and he is running all the necessary tests.

Good luck to you.

Dawn
Unread 09-24-2003, 06:05 PM

Praise the Lord! Nothing like having the love of a sister. I will put her and you in my prayers. So happy to hear the better news and it sounds like your connected to a good pair of "healing hands." God bless and good luck.

Mary

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-24-2003, 06:36 PM

Hi Heni -
I just e-mailed you privately before I signed on. I'm so glad your sister caught her OC at such an early stage. Kudos to her to keeping at it - even when the Dr.s wouldn't listen to her! Lots and lots of prayers going her way!! When does she start her chemo?

AND, as for your appointment today - I am SOOOOO happy to hear it went so well. Your Dr. sounds fantastic and he certainly isn't going to waste any time getting you checked out. That's GREAT!! Mine Dr. always had me take the CA125 but he certainly wasn't "high" on it either. Like I said, it gives too many false/positive results. Funny - I asked you about the genetic testing in my e-mail too.

Let us know how your tests go tomorrow.

Dianne

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register