left sided pain won't go away!! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > The Road Less Traveled

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

left sided pain won't go away!! left sided pain won't go away!!

Unread 09-25-2003, 07:31 AM
left sided pain won't go away!!

I'm still having the left sided pain. I notice it's worse when I over exert myself.

I guess it's because I've been paying more attention to my habits that I noticed I do have some bowel issues, such as when I do go, I don't feel as though I've gone all the way. Any thoughts??

I go to the dr on Monday and I really hope that he can help me.

Thank you all
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-25-2003, 09:14 AM
Hugs

Hi,
I'm so sorry you are in pain. I'm glad you are going to the doctor. When I had left sided pain, it was diverticulitis, but that doesn't mean you do too. I'm thinking you may need some GI tests and that may include a colonoscopy. If you are in severe pain, they often do a CT scan and also check the blood for white blood cells indicating an infection. Even if it is gyn and or adhesion related, many times they want to rule out the GI stuff first. That's how it went in my case. I'll be watching to see how you are doing. You are in my prayers.
Love, Light, Blessings
Druid
Unread 09-25-2003, 11:30 AM

Dear Karen,
Keep us posted on what you find out at the doctor's next week. I do hope it is something easy to resolve!!

Here is some fairy dust to help you along

s

Sarah
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-29-2003, 04:20 PM

Well, went to drs today. He doing a lap to see if he can find anything. Hopwfully it won't be too far in the future. He said adhesions or endo. So, I guess we'll see.
Unread 09-30-2003, 09:09 AM
Hugs

Hi,
I'm glad you went to the doctor, but sorry about what you may be dealing with. Let us know when you are having the lap. you are in my prayers.
Love, Light, Blessings
Druid
Unread 09-30-2003, 09:23 AM

Dear Karen,

Let us know when your lap will be... and keep us posted.

Sarah
Unread 09-30-2003, 11:13 AM
(((( Karen )))))

Make sure that you do some research prior to your lap, so you can be prepared and discuss your options regarding the finding of adhesions. Questions to ask your doc, way before your lap, is IF adhesions are found, how do they treat them? Do they use a barrier to help prevent re-occurance. For my first laparoscopy I assumed they always used a barrier, even if they work for some and not others, better than not using one at all. WRONG. I am now going back for my second laparoscopy THIS time he will use a barrier to see if that will help discourage the reformation of my adhesions.

I am not saying don't do it... Just do some homework. Even though it is a laparoscopy and they can cut the adhesions at that time, does not mean a cure and in fact can create new one's if the doc does not take measures to lessen them.

You can read up on Adhesions at adhesions.org or bombobeach.com

Good luck to you, and I hope all goes well, and you get answers, and become pain free....

Unread 09-30-2003, 12:41 PM

My doctor always used Interceed on me. I have not had too much trouble with adhesions... but I have had some. Maybe it helped me but it's hard to know what would have happened otherwise... I just may be someone who doesn't form adhesions readily.

Definately find otu from your doctor how he treats them.

Keep us posted!

Sarah
Unread 10-01-2003, 12:52 PM

Do you still have your ovaries? I had my left one removed and now I have Ovarian Remnant Syndrome. I have just posted a question about it and then I read your thread. I have tremendous pain on my left side where the ovary was, a small piece was left and now has a cycst and adhesions. I was diagnosed via vagianl ultrasound and CT scan. I had never heard of this condition before being diagnosed. If you have had your ovary removed on that side then you may want to ask you Dr. about it.
I hope all goes well with you and you feel better soon! I'll be back in the castle Friday hoping I can finally get everything taken care of once and for all!
Best Wishes,
Jennjenn66

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register