6wk check up, path report and bone density | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

6wk check up, path report and bone density 6wk check up, path report and bone density

Unread 09-27-2003, 07:46 AM
6wk check up, path report and bone density

Well, yesterday was my 6 week marker and was very glad to get there. My post-op has been pretty "normal" and uneventful and was feeling a bit guilty when I read those that have had to suffer so much, it really allowed me to see how blessed I was and my heart was heavy for each of you. Especially those with DH, DB that were far from that...........
Well, the check up was the usual, treat with sivler nitrate for minor scar tissue and a few stitches in the vaginal cuff, but he was pleased to observe that when I was asked to "bear down" that everything stayed where he attached it! So, all in all it was a good visit I even got the go ahead to head back to the gym (no heavy weights and no weight lifting or squatting that will cause the pelvie area to "bear down" until 4 month mark) So I was happy........ but have to put the fun DH and I were hoping for off for another 2 weeks, but we both want the best results for me. So, not a big deal......... he is an absolutely awesome man........glad I kept him for 25 years! LOL

Now is where I asked my husband if he wanted the good news or the bad new........ Went through my path report and it was good the quick decision for TVH/BSO was made for other reasons. The ovaries both had huge cysts, but were benign.... the uterus had "suspicous pre cancerous" tissues......Whew, got it out just in time. Then I aske for a bone denisty test since I have opted for both personal preference and family history for no HRT. He chuckled and said at this point, only 6 weeks out I should be great..........well, good thing they had an opening immediatly after my appt..... the results are bad......... I have mild bone loss in the Osteopenia stage -2.0 and must make some quick dietary changes............Shocked the "ba-geebers" out of me. But, it is okay......... I have always exercised and had a decently diet, just don't care for a lot of dairy.......but I can work around it..........

So after writing this terribly long epic, (sorry) just a suggestion to all other princess' that are over 30 and have no ovaries, and opt out on HRT or not get the DEXA Scan for done density. It takes 3 mintues and the results are on the spot......... Whew........

Have a blessed and restful weekend all princesses!
Chris
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-27-2003, 09:31 AM
6wk check up, path report and bone density

Chris, It sounds like all in all you have a good 6 weeks check up. Thanks for the reminder to everyone to get a bone density report. Better to catch that early and make the dietary changes needed than to wait until the bone loss is extreme. I had my first one done this past spring. (I'm a old farm kid, grew up on at least 6 glasses of milk a day). Mine was very good, so I'll continue my calcium intake. Who knew, Mom was right, finish your milk before you leave the table .
Take care!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register