Pelvic pain | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > The Road Less Traveled

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 09-27-2000, 08:52 AM
Pelvic pain

Hello everyone

I am so pleased to have found your wonderful site and wish I could have discovered it earlier as I am 8 weeks post-op today. I had a laparoscopically-assisted vaginal hysterectomy with the removal of 1 ovary and was told that the operation was very straightforward.

However, things aren't quite right and I wonder if anyone could help with my problem/s(!)?

Immediately following the op I had quite a lot of discomfort in my legs and in the pelvis area, but I had so many pains that I just assumed they would all fade together.

After a week or so, I was still having burning on peeing (which I'd put up with, believing that it was inevitable, post-catheter). The docs prescribed some antibiotics and told me I'd be OK. Pain didn't get better so I returned. This time they took a urine sample and while waiting for the results they gave me a second course of antibiotics. However, no infection but some white blood cells. Hmmmm. Another sample after the drugs showed no infection, no blood cells. BUT pain was still there - a sort of burning in my pubic area after and towards the end of peeing.

The pain was also there at other times too - sitting, standing.

I then remembered a similar pain, which I had after the birth of my first-born, Sam (big head!). This was caused by a problem in the pubic symphysis (?may not have spelt correctly!). So hopped (if only!) off to physio, who has verified that this area is swollen, as is my hip joint. He believes that the swelling has been caused by rough handling during the op - although he can't say for sure that this pain is caused by the problem?!?! He is treating me with short-wave, manipulation and anti-inflammatory drugs in the hope that it is the symphysis problem that is causing this pain. We won't know for a few weeks.

Now,
1) has anyone else had pelvis problems following the op?
2) I am still worried that my pain may be bladder-connected. It really hurts from insude somewhere and into the pubic region. Sometimes the pain seems to go up to my tummy button. I have looked at some of the bladder-related threads here, but can't follow them all. What is an IC?

I hope that is enough info to be going on with and that you can understad the problem?

It would be great to get some kind of pointers and sense to this all as non of the docs seem to have much of a clue.

Looking forward to hearing from you all - and hope you're all feeling better today than yesterday!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-27-2000, 02:48 PM
Pelvic pain

Shirley, I have no answers for you as I had no real problems with healing after my surgery. We've had many women complain of pain as you described it, so I'm bringing this post forward hoping someone will see it and respond. Best wishes,
Unread 09-27-2000, 03:07 PM
Pelvic pain

Shirley, I would defintely consult with your gyn/and or family dr concerning this pain....could be something or could be nothing....to learn about IC which is interstitial cystitis (chronic inflammation of the bladder) you could go to the bottom of the page and type that in the Medical Search and see what it says (probably much more accurate then I would be)

There is no need to be in pain so please follow this up, you don't want to put up with it if you don't have to

Keep us posted on how you do ok?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-28-2000, 06:48 AM
Pelvic pain

Thanks for your responses. I am now going away to do some research.

By the way, how often is 'often' do you think, when they ask you if you want to pee often? Every 2 hours/hour/15 mins?? I don't know !?!

Anyway, hope things are going better for you now Gidge.

Unread 09-28-2000, 06:55 AM
Pelvic pain

Shirley, I'm sorry you are having so much pain. I suffer from pelvic pain at 9 months postop and my pain is from Adhesions. I will gve you a link to the site and there you will find lots of info on this and its symptoms. Please read the message boards there also as they have several links to various sites that deal with pelvic pain. http://www.Adhesions.org. Good luck and please post often and let us know how you are doing

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register